1.9
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Had a sales rep come out on 6/7/18 for a fence & installation quote. Ask how long it would take to install the fence & was told they were 4 weeks out & I was ok with that so fence was purchased & everything was scheduled.

Subcontractor came out to remeasure the yard on 06/12/18, asked him what date the fence would be installed & he told me 7/6/18 which was around the 4 week mark that the Lowes sales rep told me so ok great! During the next few weeks there was no comminication from Lowes or the subcontractor. July 6th comes and no one shows up at the house so I call my Lowes "Project Coordinator" my call goes directly to voicemail so I leave a message. I give it 24hrs & hear nothing back so I call again and again my call goes straight to voicemail & another message is left.

This pattern continues for 4 days and no one calls me back. I email my sales rep 7/10/18 who then informs me that my "Project Coordinator" is no longer employed with Lowes & I was assigned a new "Project Coordinator". He gives me the new name & phone# & tells me to call her since he's currently on vacation. I call the new "Project Coordinator" & again my calls go directly to voicemail, messages were left, & no one contacted me back.

Frustrated I call Lowes customer service on 7/11/18 to see what the &*$# is going on. They have no clue & ask me to call the subcontractor. I refuse to do so because that's not my job it's theirs! They conference call the subcontractor & he's out to lunch...of course he is!

He'll call me back when he gets in. About 10 minutes later the subcontractor calls me back (at least I got a call back from someone right?). He proceeds to inform me that Lowes had an issue with my order due to the fired "Project Coordinator" (seems like more people should be fired for incompetence) & that due to that & weather my fence installation would need to be changed to 8/29/18. Ok I understand, it's been really rainy and I want my fence installed properly.

On 08/28/18 Lowes delivers my fence & materials in huge pallets left on my driveway. GREAT! Tomorrow my fence will finally be installed! Nope today is 8/29/18 & no one shows up to install the fence.

I call the subcontractor who tells me that he has me scheduled for 9/6/18 & doesn't know where I got a schedule date of 8/29/18. I tell him that I have an email from them telling me this! He asks who the email was from & when I tell him he apologizes & says that that person is no longer with their company. OMFG!!!

SERIOUSLY? So now I have huge pallets of expensive fencing materials in my driveway that I have to guard with my life for almost an entire week to ensure that no one tries to steal them because my garage is full of crates of cement.

This is just inexcusable & highly unprofessional! Once my fence is installed (hopefully next week but I doubt it) I am cutting up my Lowes card & never using them again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Fence Installation.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

Exact same experience. Told on 6/14 fence would be installed in 3-4 weeks.

They attempted to deliver Materials end of August but I wouldn’t allow them to leave the materials sitting in my yard for month and half since install got pushed back to mid October. Never using Lowes again