Manchester Township, New Jersey
3.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I've recently moved to New Jersey and decided it was time to apply for a veterans card. I've served in the military from 1965 to 1967.

I called the veterans office in Ocean County and was told that I should take my dd-214 to the the Ocean County office in the Ocean County Mall. To my surprise when I went to use it at the Lowes in Manchester Twp, the lady at the register said that the card was only good three times a year. Really? On July 20, 2015 the President signed into law the Veterans Identification Card Act.

I'm headed to Home Depot this afternoon to see if they will accept the VA card issued through the county.

If so, Lowes has lost a long time customer. Thanks Lowes.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Customer Care.

• Refused Veterans Discount

Comments

And regardless of previous commentors post which is a whole other issue in itself. What gives you the idea that having an identification card magically means every place that you frequent starts handing out freebes?

And another issue what have you been doing for the last 50 years? Feel like they didn't lose much.

What did you do in the military for two years?