State: Virginia Clear all filters (145 of 4891 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes in Farmville, Virginia - Purchased pressure washer and it broke

I bought a pressure washer from Lowes in Farmville and it broke. Called the store and was informed if I didn't purchase an extended warranty that there was no warranty that is *** will never happen again hurry and come in Home Depot Lowes sucks here in Farmville plus it doesn't take a hundred words to describe lowes here I don't know why as a citizen we let these companies come in our town and do people like they wish lets put a stop to it now before its to late and it probably is already to late so lowes wake the *** up also upon purchasing the item I wasn't informed there was not a warranty so that's bull too

You fail to say how long ago you purchased the pressure washer. If the manufacturers warranty period has passed and you didn't buy a service plan, they are correct, there is no warranty.

No different than any other product you buy. Other stores would tell you the same thing.

Keep in mind that stores are not responsible for warranties anyway, the manufacturer is. If it is still within the manufacturer's warranty period, contact the manufacturer.

Lowes Warranty
Preferred solution
i want another pressure washer
Tags
  • Pressure Washer

Xpo delivery service for lowes sucks

Ordered a fridge and was suppose to be delivered today. Waited around all day for them. Xpo called and kept pushing the delivery back and finally a no show. I called xpo and they said they could not get ahold of the driver . Finally recieved a call at 7 pm and they rescheduled for tomarrow and would not give me a time . Recieved robo call from xpo and the time is 330 to 530 . Not acceptable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Lowes is loosing a customer
Lowes Home Delivery Service

Lowes in Radford, Virginia - Generach Generator installation

It was an overall terrible experience from the financing being through a " HIGH RISK" lender and the credit monitoring people notifying me my credit score dropped 60 points to the installation being the most up professional company I have ever encountered, Blueridge Heating and air. It is 35 days into what was supposed to be a 4 day job. The first day, They did not call or show up. I should have asked for a different company at that point. WARNING !!! DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING UNTILL IT HAS BEEN INSPECTED. They hand you a form to sign and say " sign this, this means that you got your generator." They get paid and you will be like me 35 days into a four day project. It has failed inspection one time already. Blueridge Heating and air flat out lied at every turn. I ask for a different installation crew due to the fact they did not know building code, unprofessional work ethic, and they promised to send a new crew, same crew showed up today at 0645 which would have been had they called and let me know since I was told by the owner of the company that they would be here at 0930 . I have dogs that needed be let out. ALL I CAN SAY IS BUYER BEWARE!!!!! The inspector just left and has to come back again this afternoon because it still did not pass, or the spin that they placed on this is " well the inspector is coming back this afternoon to make sure we secured the gas line because "It was a suggestion" He will leave a sticker then! LOL

Your comment is chock full of spelling errors and is too long to read in its entirety.

Lowes Generator Installation
Cons
  • Disinterest on the part of lowes employees
  • Employees lack of knowledge and lethargic approah
  • Poor or nonexistent customer service clerk beyond disrespectful
Bad quality

Lowes in Bluefield, Virginia - Doubt I'll use Lowe's credit card again!

4.7
I applied for a Lowes' Credit Card and was given a 2000 dollar credit limit, which I paid off less than a year. I then received a letter the following month and found that my credit limit was lowered to 100 dollars. I suppose once Synchrony Bank realized they didn't receive enough interest from the duration I had a balance, they lowered my credit limit. At one point in time , a person was praised for their responsibility , not punished for it. America has tragically changed. The letter which provided an explanation for why my credit limit was lower basically said- You maxed out your card too quickly , had it for too short period of time and paid it too soon. So , thank you for the big ***

All the things you describe lower your credit score which is the reason they lowered your limit. You should learn a little about how credit is granted and what you do that affects your credit score.

Lowes Credit Card
Problems with payment

Lowes in Bristol, Virginia - Delivery Sucks

3.8
Great store with really good people. Just don't ever buy anything that requires 3rd party delivery such as appliances. They have sold their delivery to an outside party and they suck!!!

Lowes in Christiansburg, Virginia - Incomplete work on kitchen remodel contact

3.0
Lowes - Incomplete work on kitchen remodel contact
Lowes - Incomplete work on kitchen remodel contact
Told to pick up materials to Finish job Lowe’s is done and will not complete . They damaged floors and molding installation incorrect. Lowe’s will not follow manufacturers install directions
Lowes Molding Installation
Pros
  • Kudos to local store for trying
Cons
  • Install
  • Customer service was the worst
  • Managements refusing to contact me

Lowes in Farmville, Virginia - Online Purchase Canceled

I purchased an upright freezer this morning to pick up today. They called at 3 pm saying it wasn't in stock and they were canceling my order. But they had a scratch and dent in the back and she would call me back letting me know how much I could get off of the cost. She called me back at 7:30 pm!!! telling me she could give 10% off the cost. I was not happy when she said they had sold 3 of these freezers today without pulling mine. I asked to speak to a manager and was on hold for 15 minutes and the nice lady came back on saying the manager said canceling my order was their policy if the item was not in stock. Why not honor my purchase at a later date? The manager is not there to make sure the customer is served!!!
Lowes Customer Care
canceling order
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Madison Heights, Virginia - Unable to use freezer

2.5
Called Samsung 8/8/17 to report gasket leak and ice build up. Was told fridge was out of warrantee and that it was built 1/2016. Proved I purchased 2/11/17 and repairman was sent. The first visit he said it was just a piece of plastic installer left on gasket. Problem was still the same and he returned on 9/8/17 with a complete door gasket and said Samsung issued a bulletin on problem. Problem got worse and now I have large areas of snow and a gap of 1/8 between gasket and frame. He said nothing more he can do. He called Samsung and nothing was done. I called Lowes 9/11/17 thought it was taken care of. Called back 9/18/17 and was told nothing they could do and they will call Samsung to schedule another repair call meanwhile I have no freezer going on 4 weeks. I also feel deceived by Lowes selling me a fridge over a year old. Our new kitchen is not so new after all.

A refrigerator unlike a carton of milk does not have a sell by date. Who cares when it was made as long as it was new and un-used when you got it. Wouldn't be at all surprised if a great sale price wasn't part of your decision to buy the model you bought.

Refrigerator Repair
Replace

Lowes - Farmville lowe's doesnt care about Customers (Goods Damaged)

Lowes - Farmville lowe's doesnt care about Customers (Goods Damaged)
First, it was raining and the item was moved off the truck and set in wet soil. Then they entered my residence without cleaning off the item or a least wiping their feet. Upon showing them location and the possible need to change the door configuration, they proceeded back to the truck to remove the non-boxed refrigerator. The item was moved (extremely tight move with the refrigerator touching the door frames and had to be nudged, shoved ) through two doors then the kitchen door which did not open the extra inch. They removed my house door (100+ years old 34-inch solid wood) still damaging the sides of the refrigerator, my door hinge finish, scratching my wood floor, and gouging the kitchen flooring. The driver disregarded the manufacturer’s instructions in Owner’s Manual in a text box (with an exclamation point!) on page 13, “NOTE: When it is necessary to move the refrigerator through a narrow opening, removing the doors is the recommended procedure. If it is necessary to remove the handles, follow the instruction below. The appearance of the handle may vary from what is shown in the illustrations.” Remove the refrigerator door, not my home doors! They had to reverse the door anyway, as the Lowe’s salesperson told us, so this would have been part of the delivery process. After placing the item and removing some of the plastic material they stated, "They only allow so much time and we have other deliveries so you'll have to call this 1-800 number to get the door changed. It’ll take 34-45 minutes". My wife called the number and the store to complain and requested the door be changed, and that a new professional crew be assigned. Now we’re two more days without use which is the earliest installation date. To note: we were notified of your policy that any door changing or leveling would be handled by the delivery personnel. And we tried to help by providing a 7-day delivery window. Lowe's local Customer Service called the morning (Sunday) they were scheduled to return to reverse the door and left a voice mail stating they’re “throwing in another washer hose for my leaking washer”. My wife called back and attempted to tell the customer service person the actual situation. The person (which would only provide his first name) WOULD NOT ALLOW my wife to speak. I could hear this in another room. Believing my wife was talked to in a disrespectful manner, I took over the phone call. Your service agent WOULD NOT ALLOW me to talk, finally after MULTIPLE “please let me talk” and then a direct demand, I was allowed to provide a list of the damage/complaints and ended the conversation with no apparent result. Later, a follow-up call was made and we were notified that a manager would call in 24 hours. A few hours beyond that period a manager at the Farmville, Virginia store responded asking about the leak!! Where is the leak! Again, we bought a refrigerator, not a washer. He made the customary apologies and asked my wife about the problems with the driver. Our answer was then, as it is now, they ignored the instructions, which damaged our house and a new refrigerator. My wife said he could call my husband if wanted. He did not want to and refused.
#1419566

Well, dryer went out, no response from Lowes about this complaint, So to Sears I go to a hometown store. Service was great, purchased item.

A quality Kenmore not a cheap Roper!

Seem like Lowes would care? Think before you shop, if the town or store does not support your values or service expectations "SHOP ELSE WHERE"!

No response to letter or calls. I will try the BBB, who knows maybe they will answer them. If they even care.

Went to home depot yesterday what a change in attitude of store employees, I can say it was a happy experience. Military Discount Yea!

No response to letter to store and Head Quarters. On to the CEO and BBB.

Consider never using Lowes as your box supplier. I will not even hire contractors' that use this store and the list grows!

It's always a good idea to make sure the appliances you buy will fit through your doors, especially if you have an old house with odd size doors. It's people like you that screw up the delivery schedule for everyone behind you.

@Anonymous

If the manufactures instructions were followed their would be no damage to the refrigerator. Now the added damage was not just sloppy and careless movers, but me screwing up, Make a internet search, a lot of customers screwing up, don't you think?

(XPO) I don't see how its the customers fault that service was not provided. But thinking a old houses is problem is also dumb! I can only believe that you have a horse in this complaint.

I hope Mr. Niblock see things different.

@Anonymous

It is ridiculous of you to blame a customer for damage caused to the home and purchased product during a Lowe's delivery. Lowe's is in the business of making home deliveries, and as a business, they have a responsibility to provide competent services with trained employees who are capable of navigating the most common of issues, such as size of entryway and product.

Only a true idiot would run a business that penalizes customers with horrible service if that customer does not anticipate a complication like this. Any good business understands that customers do not anticipate common complications as automatically as the experienced business does. Lowe's has encountered the issue thousands of times. Common sense would compel Lowe's to address such concerns with their customers ahead of time, especially since it is Lowe's who charges a significant delivery fee.

If the customer had to have all the knowledge and capability in the matter, then he wouldn't be paying Lowe's to do this for him!

There is an enormous malfunction in Lowe's selection and training of delivery workers, who DO represent the company, and need to have the sense to follow their own company's written instructions for responding to this kind of situation.

It is Lowe's responsibility to complete other deliveries in a timely manner, and anyone with basic thinking skills would devise a business plan that accomodates and anticipates a delivery complication.

Don't be the kind of fool who blames a previous customer on the schedule for the unprofessional planning and execution of services by the company who is PAID to do the job!

@PurpleTantrum

Um... Delivery is free on appliances at Lowes

doug49

Company please correspondence by email, phone conversation with them is part of the problems.

View more comments (8)
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Cust
  • Customer service
  • Delivery
Damaged or defective

Lowes in Newport News, Virginia - Lowe' has no 25" tape measure s on the shelf

4.7
I was told they would not warranty any more kobalt tape measures so much for their lifetime warranty.
#1361993

The problem is that consumers don't bother looking at the warranty. The warranty covers manufacturer defects, NOT DAMAGE.

Ripping the end of your tape off isn't a defect. It is damage and not covered under warranty.

All too many consumers feel a tape they damaged should be replaced under warranty. No store or manufacturer should be responsible for the abuse of a tool by a consumer.

Lowes Warranty