State: Virginia Clear all filters (144 of 4889 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes in Roanoke, Virginia - Customer service

2.7
Had to run around store looking for help, mentioned to sales associate that some items were not priced, his response was, we don't have time for that!
Lowes Sales Representative

Lowes Fail!

As a veteran, I have used Lowes for many home improvement projects as my age is catching up with me. Recently, I had the experience of a lifetime and thought I might pass it along to you. This started with a trip to my Lowes on Banks Ford Rd in Stafford, VA whereby I was looking to get a floor of my home carpeted. After visiting the department in the store and waiting about 10 minutes, I used the call button to summon help. After about 5 mins listening to “Special assistance in the Flooring Department…”, I walked over the turned off the vocal alert myself. A person in a red smock finally showed up and I asked him if I could get an estimate on carpeting…he replied in broken English that he was only a stocker and could not help me. He further explained that the person working the area was on break (this is at 9AM in the morning). I decided to take a seat and wait another 15 minutes after which I walked up to customer service and ask for assistance. A brief search was conducted for the “person” who, by all accounts, was clocked into the store, but not in the store. Not sure what happened after that as I left…never to return. I made my way to the Central Park Store, located in Fredericksburg, VA. This time I was greeted by a man in the flooring department who said he couldn’t assist me with the carpeting but would get the person who could. After calling around the store, a person named “Theresa” (I think) was identified and called to the department. About 10 minutes later, I was told this person was in a meeting and couldn’t assist me for at least 20 minutes. I immediately left the store…you guessed it…never to return. For the morning efforts, I managed to waste 3 hours and still had no clue how to proceed in obtaining the carpet I needed. After 10 years of boycotting one of Lowes competitor stores, I decided it was time to check them out. My estimate was in my hand and an appointment for measurements for the following Monday within 10 mins. I guess Home Depot might get my business from now on. (See hew complaint on Home Depot) Oh, one more issue. Lowe's policy about Military Discounts. Making us get a “My Lowes” card and making sure we get the appropriate discount recorded on our “My Lowes” account in order to receive our “Military discount”. One would assume you no longer want our Nation’s veterans to produce their hard earned Retired card, that most worked their tails off for, to show it in line at any Lowes store in the future. In my mind, if you feel this way, it is just another way of hiding the fact that you do give discounts to people. For that reason, effective immediately, I will be boycotting your establishment and encouraging my peers to do the same. I have already gotten negative messages from my peers and your stores are about to lose their patronage. Please don’t hide behind “procedure” for this offering, no one is buying it!
Buddy1000

Yeah, they are always in meetings. Not sure what those meetings are about.

Probably how to make more sales, while customers walk out.

And people complain about gov employees. They are much more responsive than too big to fail bots.

#1341932

Actually there new veteran policy is something that is helping. It used to be that they only accepted the VA cards only, they couldn't accept any license that said ID, couldn't accept DD214s.

Just VA cards. With their new method, Veterans, Active Members, and Reservists are now capable of getting the discount.

I actually find it very useful. But, each state has its own I guess, I've never had an issue with the Lowe's in my home town.

Typical entitled attitude. You were not conscripted or forced into service it's a choice you made.

Do not expect any of those in the real world to feel we owe you something because of your career choice. Everyone must work for everything we buy, discounts are a nice to have not a given.

An honorable vet would appreciate stores that offer them a discount and wouldn't cry and complain if they weren't offered one or didn't like the way a discount was offered. It's too bad that the only group of people you see complaining about discounts seems to be vets. There are a lot of other people out there that are deserving of discount as well but you don't see them complaining.

Buddy1000
@Anonymous

And they get a lot of mileage out of being so - called vet friendly. What they really want is personal information and it's fair to question somebody who advertises discounts to draw in unsuspecting identity victims.

When somebody employed by the store opens a bank account in your name they'll give you a free year of lifelock. Thanks.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Costumer services
No store representation
Preferred solution
Stop selling products you don't intend to sell...

Lowes in Chantilly, Virginia - Delivery cancelled the morning schedule!!

I get a call confirming delivery the night before. I have 3 workers scheduled to arrive after confirmation. I get a call two hours prior of delivery explaining that the ONLY driver is not coming in due to his wife having a baby. So, Lowe's has no backup plan at all? Only one driver! Not like everyone did not know she would have a baby after 9mnths.... I have zero issue with the new father... I'm angry that Lowe's has such poor management for delivery scheduling. Unbelievable that management did not have a contingency plan and all the deliveries depended on one truck driver. So this is where it really gets good. They rescheduled me for 8 days later. Wouldn't you think that they would do everything possible to make right for the customers impacted? I have had to speak to 3 different people to try to get it delivered earlier. Unbelievably unprofessional. Next time I'm buying from Home Depot.

If the volume of deliveries a store has only supports 1 driver it doesn't make economic sense to have 2 on the payroll. If the materials you were having delivered took 3 people to install I would assume there were a lot of materials that couldn't be handled by small courier. Unfortunately things in life happen and they aren't always convenient.

Deliver product or service ordered

Avoid Lowes at all costs!

I purchased a wall oven from Lowes over the phone- the model was not available in any store. Every single thing about the transaction was a mess- from purchase through installation. The wrong installation kit was ordered, the installation cost was misrepresented at the point of sale, the installation scheduling was cumbersome and unsatisfactory. Even store and department managers are no help- not available, don't reply to email, don't follow up to fix problems. No one at Lowes seems to care about customer satisfaction, and one can't even get them on the phone without devoting hours listening to the phone ring and ring and ring. I will never, ever, do business with Lowes again.
Lowes Oven Installation
Price reduction

Lowes in Wytheville, Virginia - You spend 2,000$ for flooring then wait 3 months to have it installed!

1.7
I have been waiting to have my floor installed for over two months now, the best part is I haven't even paid for it! I talked to the manager and misunderstood him when I thought he would compensate me for having to wait so long to hear back from the estimate I received. No? He would compensate me if I wanted to buy additional items from lowes. I do not like shopping here, it's a rip off and nothing gets done. Good luck actually having the floor installed after you spend 2,000$ for it! And thanks to Will, the installer, who tried to charge me for stuff he made up and then never made an appointment to come back and install it. Hire contractors that actually work.
Lowes Flooring Installation
Price reduction

Lowes in Glen Allen, Virginia - *** Delivery and Poor Management

I ordered a freezer, fridge and cabinets. About $7K. Delivery company calls at 9:45 PM I was in bed at 9!!!! Window was 10:30-12:30. 1PM, the guys show. Fridge is put in place. Dented!!! I was told a manager from the delivery company and a manager from Lowes would call within an hour. Thirty minutes later, I get an automated call asking if I was happy, if not, press 2 and leave a message and a manger will call back within an hour. No one ever called. Finally I call Lowes and speak to three or four 'managers' Each one was clueless. Then the delivery company calls me and asks about my complaint of a damaged floor. *** Two days later, a new manager from Lowes calls, tells me they have no replacements on the East coast and did not know if there were any in the port in California. I check and see it is a disc. model now. I cancel the order and ask for them to take back the fridge. The freezer (a high end under counter one) was coming this week. I told them I wanted a early AM deliver and not to call confirming it so late at night. I get a call tonight, telling me the delivery will be tomorrow between 6 and 8....wait for it....PM!!!! WTF! All through this the various managers were telling me they did not do the delivery that they contract it and try to palm off the problem on the vendor. I did not hire the vendor, they did! I bought from Lowes, and was having Lowes deliver it. Very, very poor. I used to like Lowes, they often treated me very fairly but this fiasco is inexcusable. Looks to me like some bean counter is saving a penny only to lose a dollar. The demise of Lowe is on the horizon. Look at the number of complaints. Despicable.

After finally getting Lowes to take back the fridge, I had to call and ask them to credit my account. I continued to get 'delivery calls' from their vendor for the next three days about a non-existent 'scheduled delivery'.

I never heard back from Lowes nor have they made any effort to recompense me for my nightmare. They just do not care.

Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Delivery
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes Excessive Interest

1.8
We contracted through Lowe's to have our roof replaced on our home recently. It costs over around $7,000.00. It was no interest for 18 months. We also had new gutters installed as well as 2 new garage doors and storm door. In addition we spent over 3,000.00 on wood flooring that we installed ourself. I understood the new roof was separate from the other purchases. My wife was paying on time every month and then all of a sudden we get a bill with 3,000.00 added interest to our account because it was not paid within the 18 month period. Needless to say, I was extremely upset about this and immediately called their customer service department. They said they would give me 30 days to pay the balance off to defray the added interest charges. Of course we could not afford that. So now we are paying additional interest on the 3,000.00 interest they added to our account. How is that legal? I am going to use any means legally available to protest this excessive - *** it's criminal to do this in my opinion. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have information concerning who to talk to about this. We went with Lowe's instead of local contractor because we thought they would stand behind their work, however I WILL NEVER purchase from them again and I intend to fight this anyway I can. This is nonsense.

I can pretty much guarantee that you agreed to pay in excess of 20% interest when you applied for the account, you just have to read the agreement you signed. As far as the no interest promotions go they pretty well spell out that you will pay interest from the date of purchase if you don't pay the charges in full before the end of the no-interest period.

You also need to understand you are not dealing with Lowes for your credit account. The credit is handles by a separate company that you have contracted with for financing.

What did the paperwork you signed state?

@Anonymous

paperwork not the problem- its how they add additional purchases to a contracted purchase- roof replace, instead of keeping separate. Then dropping the 4000.00 in interest on ALL purchases instead of keeping separate.

When we got the bill we called to work a solution and given 30 days to pay all off was their answer. We would have paid for roof upfront if we had that kind of money laying around. However like most we did not so we are now paying interest added to our bill for the interest added to our bill by their shadowy billing methods.

We would like to pay this off and can now, but I have a problem with paying 4,000.00 applied interest after the fact. They should not be allowed to add additional charges to a zero interest purchase that was around 7,000.00 by itself.

Did you read the terms and conditions of the credit card you used to make the purchase?

@Anonymous

Of course I did. That is not the problem- the problem is shady billing methods- we made a large single purchase- roof replacement- costing upwards of 7,000.00.

We went with Lowes because we knew they stand behind contractors. We took the 18 months zero interest and then went to them for other purchases thinking these charges would be kept separate from the roof purchase, however they added these to the roof contract purchase- we thought they be kept separate like other we have bought from. We were hit with a bill that added almost 4,000.00 in interest without advance that coming up. We called to discuss a solution and only one offered was pay entire balance due within 30 days- then they waive.

We did not have that kind of money laying around so we had no other option but keep paying a now much inflated bill- due to the added interest or default.

So we are paying still however we now able to pay off entirely but I want adjustment on my bill concerning the interest before doing so. I have reached out to them again but so far nothing.

@Keith

Hi Keith,

There is a place when you are logged onto your Lowes acct. giving you the option to select how your monthly pmts are applied.

Such as apply to all promotional balances first then the rest on any other balance on the card. I found this out the hard way about halfway through paying on an 18 month interest free purchase myself. Not sure if it will help or not but I contacted Lowes letting them know I didn't know about this option on line and asked for a review of my account and told them I specifically split my payment up to pay the correct amount each month to pay off the purchase in 18 months but according to my statement this wasn't happening. They reviewed my statement and pmt history and went back 7 months and applied the pmts correctly which got me back on track with having the purchase paid off in time to avoid interest.

But now I am fighting with them over their ridiculously high APR. I have paid all of my stuff on time and when I asked for a review to lower my APR I was met with A LOT of resistance! Not happy!

Hope my reply can maybe help you out a bit. Thank you and Good luck!!!

View more comments (5)
Lowes Loan
Pros
  • Established home improvement company
Cons
  • Uninformed
  • Not being honorable in business and promises
  • Deceptive billing
Deceptive Billing
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Refused Veterans Discount
  • Never Asked

Lowes in Richmond, Virginia - Broken promises

2.8
Sat I ordered a Bosch dishwasher from Lowe's with a promised delivery date of 11/28. I was told the install team would call today--11/14. When they didn't, I called them and was told they could not call until the dishwasher was delivered--on or after 11/28. Since it will probably take a week to set up, this means no dishwasher until 12/? I was told twice in the process that delivery would be 11/28--so I was lied to twice. Lousy customer service. Don't read the rest, am adding it only because this foolish site requires at least 100 words. words. words. words
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • That they are close
Cons
  • Broken promises--leaving me without a dishwasher
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • Broken Promise

Lowes - Customer Care Review from Centreville, Virginia

Poor mattress store and you only have one cashier asked your associate why I only have one cashier 8 o'clock at night and he says honestly because they don't want to hire anybody and that's ridiculous just one of those things that make you question same reason why I guess we're having the crazy lection nobody cares

I mean what is a customer's favorite line when an employee gets an attitude? Who pays whoms wages? Sooo at what point do you have the idea that you as a customer have the right to complain about number of hired help at any retail establishment?

I though Lowes is a home improvement store.

Are you sure you are complaining about the correct store?

aliens_amoung_us

Wait, Lowes sells mattresses now? Who knew.

This complaint does not make sense to me with some of the misspelled words. It is not a complete sentence.

What happened to using correct spelling and correct punctuation?

Is this a legitimate complaint or do you just want to rant?

The cashier has NO control over Lowes hiring policies.

Senior management does. So call them and complain to them instead of complaining to the cashier who has NO control over this.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Customer Care

Short Review on November 01, 2016

3.1
Manager at lowes waldorf md was very rude to me and my wife