State: Virginia Clear all filters (142 of 4844 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes - Stopped black driver from delivering to a racist customer in Danville, Va

I will never buy from Lowes again because you give in to racist customers -- you are a low life company when you give in to some racist ***--this is one of the sickest things I have heard of a company doing ----anyone involved in this tragedy should be hung in public so that this kind of low life *** is stopped for good -- shame on you Lowes for such low character----what are going to do ab out the manager involved -- give him a raise or fire him --probably you will do nothing since you have a very low rating on the fairness to your black employees.. You had better turn this around as soon as possible or loose everything!
#1020095

No win situation. If the original driver goes anyway and it gets ugly at delivery then mgmt.

would be disciplined for sending him when customer requested not to.

Damned if the do and damned if they don't.

#1019721

Every member of management at the store that had anything to do with replacing the driver was fired.

You are correct that this is despicable. Just an fyi three employees were fired from Lowe's for doing this.

The BIG problem is the piece of *** that made the request in the first place. That's the person that should be bearing the brunt of your anger.

Review
#681954 Review #681954 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cons
  • Giving to racist customers
Reason of review
being racist to black driver
Tags
  • The Delivery

Lowes in Stafford, Virginia - I am Frederick Francis and My two year rpl pln was not honored

I have been doing business with your lawn and garden department for five to six years . I have purchased all my lawn and garden equipment from Lowe's during these years . Every year you service my Tory Bilt riding mowe my *** eater and push mowe all Tory Bilt .I been cutting the same yard with then those years Now I got a broken or bent crankshaft in the Tory Bilt push mowe Why have I not ran over something in my yard with the riding mowe . I take care of my equipment and lowe's make sure that I do . Where your service always make sure to let me know if I am doing something wrong . I have all my receipts and I would like my protection plan to be honored . Thank You Frederick Francis , 251 -725-0592 , 1111 heustis street , mobile, al.36605 ,Receipt sale3 s0212w2 1706487 , trans324938141, Extended protection plan reference# 0021276614167120243005 , 590301 2yr rpl pln ope $150-$199.99 , to cover the following items : 421854 TB110 140cc 21-in 3-in-1 push , store#0212 Mobile,Al. ,date 06/16/14 , salesman 1706487 , transaction #24766
Reason of review
I would like my protection plan to be honored thank you very much
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes - Washing Machine Hose Review from Harrisonburg, Virginia

We bought a washer and dryer at Lowes, we bought the new hoses to go with the washer, we were told that they would bring them when they delivered the washer, they forgot. After we called them they said it would be another week before they would come out again, the clothes are dirty, that would be two weeks after there so called next day delivery. I bought more hoses and installed the washer myself that's when i noticed a huge scratch on the side. There's more to the story, I don't think I will be doing any more business there again and would suggest the same , not happy.

2.5
Lowes Hardwood Flooring Installation Review from Virginia Beach, Virginia
In the process of having hard wood floors installed by lowes when we 1st spoke I told them I was sure was water damage I was it would be take care of and I had a deadline for the repair. Now I'm told it can't be done because of water damage if couldn't be taken care I should have been told I would have not did it until family reunion which I'm the the host I'm so pissed. When the installers came out I was they didn't know I already had hardwood they were thing I had carpet, but when they came out twice to look at the situation,very poor customer service.

I guess English is not your first language. I can't even tell what you are trying to say

What? I think you had a problem with your floor, but the complaint makes no sense

You may be angry and typing in a hurry but your complaint is completely unintelligible. Slow down, and use punctuation. It works miracles in comprehension.

Bad quality

Lowes in Elkton, Virginia - Denied our military discount

4.4
I carlos went to lowes purchase over 500.00 on wood etc, denied our military DD214 on weekend of 4th of July, purchase on 7/7/15 store # 0509 in Harrisonburg VA . Need a reply. reply to carlos.m.sosa@hotmail.com. Thank you your appreciation will be very helpful, We need our credit to our account ASAP. carlos sosa contact number 201-232-5966 so we will appreciation if you get contact to me regarding this situation> It not right if we purchase so small or large item we should get our discount. same weekend of the 4th of July I had to go to Home Depot and they gave us our discount for military. So should You Lowes.

Home Depot sells lumber too.

This isn't the web site for Lowes, you are on a general complaint site.

View more comments (1)
Review
Pros
  • Friendliness of staff
military discount
Preferred solution
My discount for the amount of my purchase My DD214 for military discount I decerve this

Other Product Review

Had to wait a week for delivery for an item they had on hand and then they messed up the delivery and tried to reschedule. They provide horrible customer service and there is always an issue with this company! So frusterating.
Problem with delivery

Lowes in Virginia Beach, Virginia - Three attempts to purchase an exterior door. Still unsuccessful, gave up.

2.0
Mid May 2015, I attempted to pick out a door for installation at my home from Lowe’s on Military Hwy in Norfolk, VA. Cannot pick out door until home is measured. $51 fee charged for measurement. Paid fee, informed someone will contact me in 3 days. 5 days later, I find a business card stuck to my door, while I was home, from a “handyman service”. I don’t know if this was the Lowes installer or not. Contact store, received an apology, and asked to try the process again. I decline. Called corporate office with my complaint. Store calls, will waive measurement fee if I’ll attempt the purchase again. I agree. Contractor arrived, writes up labor quote and submits to store. Store calls with a quote, and I have not yet picked out a door model. Lowe’s employee is short with me, stating, “fine, come in a pick out a door”. Today, I arrive at store to pick out a door, and cannot get anyone to help. Gave up waiting and went to customer service to speak with manager. Spent another 20 minutes waiting to speak with a manager, who never appears. Drove back to work, and called corporate office. Corporate office patches me through to the Lowe’s manager. Now the manager that I stood around waiting to talk to in the store is available if you have corporate office make the call for you. Corporate office asked me if there is another Lowe’s store in the area that I can go to. Sure, but why bother? Plenty of Home Depot stores in VA too. If you need a product that must be measured, or installed, buy the part from another hardware store, and contract the installation yourself. Save yourself the aggravation I’ve experienced. Avoid installation services from Lowe’s.
Review
Cons
  • Bad service 3rd or forth time now

Lowes in Max Meadows, Virginia - Plumbing employee did not help us walked off

1.8
On April 18th 2015 My husband and I went into Lowes in Wytheville Va to purchase stuff to fix a tub drain. We walked by an employee in the plumbing isle and he never even asked us if we needed help. After about 15 minutes he finally came back to his isle (he was not with another customer he was just sitting on a stool) my husband had to ask him for help. Because he sure wasn't going to volunteer to help us. He listened to my husband then took all of 3 min to look and said oh we don't have any of what you want. He then walked away from us and went to the stool again after we looked and found what we needed I went to find him to get his name he was sitting and playing a game one the computer flappy bird or something like it. I got his name Jimmy and when we checked out after spending almost $100 dollars in the store asked to speck to the. manager Steve was his name I explained what happened and was told he would speak with him. Which he probably didn't We was going to purchase a standup shower About $500 more but with employees like this I don't think I want to purchase it from Wytheville Lowes if even a Lowes. Home depot has the same one just like to support our home town businesses usually. This was a very poor excuse for an employee.

Don't agree with the sales person's actions and demeanor. However, why did you walk past the employee and not ask for help if you needed it?

Was he supposed to read your mind? You needed your tub fixed and wanted to buy a product to do it. Not the responsibility of a sales person to explain to you how to do it. It's a warehouse environment for gosh sakes, not Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills.

You say you spent almost $100 in the store and were going to spend another $500? OOOOHHHHH big deal.

Lowe's is looking for customers that spend $10,000+ on a regular basis like apartment complex businesses. Lowe's and retail wants you to stay at home and buy on the internet.

Isle means an island or peninsula, especially a small one. Aisle is the correct word for this application.

Now let's break down your bogus complaint and possible troll post. There is no way he was playing any video game on the stores computer, it simply would not be tolerated. Perhaps he walked by you without saying a word the first time, but did you say anything to him to get his attention? I didn't think so!

Thus you are also to blame. I highly doubt Jimmy is a mind reader. Home Depot has just as many complaints similar to this one.... I love when people toss out another store as if they're any better.

Guess what they're not! They pay their employees the same low wages and have similar hiring process!

I bet I don't even hear from Lowes about this.

Lowes - Delivery Service Review from Hampton, Virginia

3.0
I purchased a stove at my local Lowe's store. They told me that the stove was out of stock but was expected on the truck that very evening and delivery was set for they following day. At 0615 the following morning I get a call from Lowe's because the stove wasn't delivered as expected the evening prior, so the call was to inform me that I'd receive the stove on the following day. They agreed that the stove would be delivered as early as possible which was my request. I just received the automatic call from Lowe's giving me expected time the stove will be delivered tomorrow between 3:30-5:30pm. I'm very upset about this mainly because I feel customers service is lacking in a Hugh way. A stove is a necessary item!

As early as possible may have well been 3:30-5:30. Their trucks deliver into the evening.

You can't expect them to change all the deliveries they had already scheduled. It's unfortunate your stove wasn't delivered when originally scheduled but if the supplier doesn't get it there when it should have been there isn't much they can do, they don't build them in the back room.

Problem with delivery

Lowes in Ridgeway, Virginia - Worker damaged vanity top and Lowe's won't do anything about it

We bought a bath sink from Lowe's and had them put it in. When the installer took out the old sink he cut our vanity top just about all the way around. The man said he didn't do it and that we bought a sink that was smaller than what we had and the cuts were already there. I thought that was why we paid $35 for someone to come and measure and tell us what we needed to buy. Now we have to look at all these cuts and my bathroom looks worse than before. Martinsville, Va Lowe's SUCKS!

Home Depot is worse than Lowes. Home Depot lets their employees get hit with merchandise, doesn't follow up on injuries starts out giving their employees hours then reduces them to only 10 hours a week.

If you need a job stay away from Home Depot. It's horrible to work for.

They will suck you dry. They work you and don't pay anything.