State: Virginia Clear all filters (5 of 4884 reviews match)
filters

Lowes in Christiansburg, Virginia - Incomplete work on kitchen remodel contact

3.0
Lowes - Incomplete work on kitchen remodel contact
Lowes - Incomplete work on kitchen remodel contact
Told to pick up materials to Finish job Lowe’s is done and will not complete . They damaged floors and molding installation incorrect. Lowe’s will not follow manufacturers install directions
Lowes Molding Installation
Pros
  • Kudos to local store for trying
Cons
  • Install
  • Customer service was the worst
  • Managements refusing to contact me
Bad quality

Lowes - Farmville lowe's doesnt care about Customers (Goods Damaged)

Lowes - Farmville lowe's doesnt care about Customers (Goods Damaged)
First, it was raining and the item was moved off the truck and set in wet soil. Then they entered my residence without cleaning off the item or a least wiping their feet. Upon showing them location and the possible need to change the door configuration, they proceeded back to the truck to remove the non-boxed refrigerator. The item was moved (extremely tight move with the refrigerator touching the door frames and had to be nudged, shoved ) through two doors then the kitchen door which did not open the extra inch. They removed my house door (100+ years old 34-inch solid wood) still damaging the sides of the refrigerator, my door hinge finish, scratching my wood floor, and gouging the kitchen flooring. The driver disregarded the manufacturer’s instructions in Owner’s Manual in a text box (with an exclamation point!) on page 13, “NOTE: When it is necessary to move the refrigerator through a narrow opening, removing the doors is the recommended procedure. If it is necessary to remove the handles, follow the instruction below. The appearance of the handle may vary from what is shown in the illustrations.” Remove the refrigerator door, not my home doors! They had to reverse the door anyway, as the Lowe’s salesperson told us, so this would have been part of the delivery process. After placing the item and removing some of the plastic material they stated, "They only allow so much time and we have other deliveries so you'll have to call this 1-800 number to get the door changed. It’ll take 34-45 minutes". My wife called the number and the store to complain and requested the door be changed, and that a new professional crew be assigned. Now we’re two more days without use which is the earliest installation date. To note: we were notified of your policy that any door changing or leveling would be handled by the delivery personnel. And we tried to help by providing a 7-day delivery window. Lowe's local Customer Service called the morning (Sunday) they were scheduled to return to reverse the door and left a voice mail stating they’re “throwing in another washer hose for my leaking washer”. My wife called back and attempted to tell the customer service person the actual situation. The person (which would only provide his first name) WOULD NOT ALLOW my wife to speak. I could hear this in another room. Believing my wife was talked to in a disrespectful manner, I took over the phone call. Your service agent WOULD NOT ALLOW me to talk, finally after MULTIPLE “please let me talk” and then a direct demand, I was allowed to provide a list of the damage/complaints and ended the conversation with no apparent result. Later, a follow-up call was made and we were notified that a manager would call in 24 hours. A few hours beyond that period a manager at the Farmville, Virginia store responded asking about the leak!! Where is the leak! Again, we bought a refrigerator, not a washer. He made the customary apologies and asked my wife about the problems with the driver. Our answer was then, as it is now, they ignored the instructions, which damaged our house and a new refrigerator. My wife said he could call my husband if wanted. He did not want to and refused.
#1419566

Well, dryer went out, no response from Lowes about this complaint, So to Sears I go to a hometown store. Service was great, purchased item.

A quality Kenmore not a cheap Roper!

Seem like Lowes would care? Think before you shop, if the town or store does not support your values or service expectations "SHOP ELSE WHERE"!

No response to letter or calls. I will try the BBB, who knows maybe they will answer them. If they even care.

Went to home depot yesterday what a change in attitude of store employees, I can say it was a happy experience. Military Discount Yea!

No response to letter to store and Head Quarters. On to the CEO and BBB.

Consider never using Lowes as your box supplier. I will not even hire contractors' that use this store and the list grows!

It's always a good idea to make sure the appliances you buy will fit through your doors, especially if you have an old house with odd size doors. It's people like you that screw up the delivery schedule for everyone behind you.

@Anonymous

If the manufactures instructions were followed their would be no damage to the refrigerator. Now the added damage was not just sloppy and careless movers, but me screwing up, Make a internet search, a lot of customers screwing up, don't you think?

(XPO) I don't see how its the customers fault that service was not provided. But thinking a old houses is problem is also dumb! I can only believe that you have a horse in this complaint.

I hope Mr. Niblock see things different.

@Anonymous

It is ridiculous of you to blame a customer for damage caused to the home and purchased product during a Lowe's delivery. Lowe's is in the business of making home deliveries, and as a business, they have a responsibility to provide competent services with trained employees who are capable of navigating the most common of issues, such as size of entryway and product.

Only a true idiot would run a business that penalizes customers with horrible service if that customer does not anticipate a complication like this. Any good business understands that customers do not anticipate common complications as automatically as the experienced business does. Lowe's has encountered the issue thousands of times. Common sense would compel Lowe's to address such concerns with their customers ahead of time, especially since it is Lowe's who charges a significant delivery fee.

If the customer had to have all the knowledge and capability in the matter, then he wouldn't be paying Lowe's to do this for him!

There is an enormous malfunction in Lowe's selection and training of delivery workers, who DO represent the company, and need to have the sense to follow their own company's written instructions for responding to this kind of situation.

It is Lowe's responsibility to complete other deliveries in a timely manner, and anyone with basic thinking skills would devise a business plan that accomodates and anticipates a delivery complication.

Don't be the kind of fool who blames a previous customer on the schedule for the unprofessional planning and execution of services by the company who is PAID to do the job!

@PurpleTantrum

Um... Delivery is free on appliances at Lowes

doug49

Company please correspondence by email, phone conversation with them is part of the problems.

View more comments (8)
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Cust
  • Customer service
  • Delivery
Damaged or defective

2.5
Lowes Hardwood Flooring Installation Review from Virginia Beach, Virginia
In the process of having hard wood floors installed by lowes when we 1st spoke I told them I was sure was water damage I was it would be take care of and I had a deadline for the repair. Now I'm told it can't be done because of water damage if couldn't be taken care I should have been told I would have not did it until family reunion which I'm the the host I'm so pissed. When the installers came out I was they didn't know I already had hardwood they were thing I had carpet, but when they came out twice to look at the situation,very poor customer service.

I guess English is not your first language. I can't even tell what you are trying to say

What? I think you had a problem with your floor, but the complaint makes no sense

You may be angry and typing in a hurry but your complaint is completely unintelligible. Slow down, and use punctuation. It works miracles in comprehension.

View more comments (2)
Bad quality

Lowes in Bristol, Virginia - Do Not Honor their Advertisements

Lowes - Do Not Honor their Advertisements
Lowes - Do Not Honor their Advertisements
On the Lowes Website, the Bristol Lowes has the James Hardee Cedarmill Lap Siding, Item # 26892 for $1.83. I wanted to buy 138 pieces, however the Bristol store only have four pieces and refuse to sell anymore than four pieces at the sale price. They have more of the same identical item in stock, but they refuse to sell it to me at that price. The sale ad did not say that this item is discontinued, or limited quantity. I contacted the Corp office and they basically told me that they did not have to honor their ads. Now they have replaced that ad. It is identical ad except now the board is on sale until July 15th, 2014. Why are they advertising and extending the sale date for a product they refuse to sale?

There could have been many different reasons why they didn't sell you more of the same item # more then likely it was going nonstocked ,probably had some type of clearance tag. The fact that they didn't sell you the other item that was similar , was probably due to the fact that the price would had put them under cost meaning you would have got the product cheaper then them.

MattD78

In the ad it also says "We reserve the right to correct any error and/or limit quantities sold."

View more comments (1)
Product
Lowes Website

Lowes in Bristol, Virginia - Fraud Advertising

Lowes - Fraud Advertising
On the Lowes Website, the Bristol Lowes Store has the James Hardee Cedarmill Lap Siding, Item # 26892 for $1.83. I wanted to buy 138 pieces, however the Bristol store will only sell me four pieces at that price. They have more of the same identical item in stock, but they say it is a different item number. They say the manufacture is changing the item number, but they refuse to sell it to me at the sale price. The online item states that is on sale until July 8th, 2014. It does not say that this item is discontinue and will sale the quantity that is available only at the Bristol store. This item does exist at other Lowes store, but not at the sale price. This is a illegally/fraud advertisement.

You don't mark a price down 75% unless you are trying to clear it out. They can't sell you more than they have on hand.

You may find a low price like this due the fact that this location doesn't stock the product got stuck taking some back from someone that bought it at a location that does stock it.

The only way to get rid of it is to sell it for pennies on the dollar. Too bad people don't have enough sense to take returns back to the location they bought them at.

Nothing illegal about it. There is no law stating they have to honor a price. Here's the real problem they tried and explain to you the price difference, but you refused to accept their answer.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Advertisement

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111