State: Virginia City: Alexandria Clear all filters (7 of 4891 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Alexandria, Virginia - RUDE Customer Service Representative TRACEY

1. On September 6, I purchased five fans online: Order #35827619 and Order #355826926. 2.I received confirmation that provided the order details (purchase date, time, etc.). 3.At approximately, 9:30pm, I went to Lowes of Alexandria (6750 Richmond Highway . Alexandria, VA 22306). I visited the fan department upon entering the store and a gentleman asked if I needed help. I shared that I had purchased five fans online and just wanted to see the display model. The extremely polite gentleman volunteered information about the fans and answered all questions. He told me that the fans would be at the Customer Service Desk (CSD). 4.I went to the CSD and told Tracey that I had purchased fans online, provided the confirmation numbers and wanted to pick them up. 5.Tracey told me a) the fans were not at the CSD, and b) I had not purchased the fans that’s why they were not at the CSD. 6.I asked her to explain how I could have confirmation numbers if I had not made the purchases. 7.Tracey turned around, walked away, took a seat, and started doing something. She said I can still hear you. I refused to talk. When she turned back around I repeated #6. Tracey told again a) that I had not made a purchase and b) I had to go get the fans bring them to the CSD and buy them. 8.I told her that the fans were already purchased and they were supposed to be here at the CSD according to previous online experiences. I also shared that the gentleman in the fan department agreed with me. 9.Tracey told again a) that I had not made a purchase and b) I had to go get the fans bring them to the CSD and buy them. 10.I asked her what I was supposed to put them in or on. 11.Tracey told me to walk back to the fan department and someone would figure it out. 12.I went to the fan department and the gentleman placed the fans in a shopping cart per my request. I told him my challenge about convincing Tracey I had purchased the fans. He escorted me to the CSD and witnessed Tracey telling me I had not purchased the fans. 13.I asked Tracey (and he witnessed) to allow me to tell her my truth and ask clear concise questions because I did not want to get charged twice. I spoke three sentences and Tracey cut me off. I stopped talking and when she finished I started sharing again. Tracey again cut me off a second time. I told her that I am not used to people cutting me off mid-sentence for it is not effective communication. Tracey yet again cut me off and I pointed out she was doing it yet again! I told her because she will not allow me to share my truth and then ask my question: I had no idea what she could possibly be answering. 14.I attempted to share again but Tracey immediately cut me off. I requested the store manager on duty. 15.I shared with the store manager all of the above. He apologized for Tracey’s behavior and he too could not figure out why she did not believe I had purchased the fans. I shared with him that I am paying customer and I believe I have the right to ask questions – especially given the fact that a) I had used my credit card to complete the transaction online, b) received information from Lowes that the purchases had been made, c) a Lowes’ employee is telling me repeatedly that I had not made the purchase, and d) I needed to bring the fans to CSD and buy them. 16.I then encouraged the store manager to play the store recorded tape to see Tracey turning her back to me, taking a seat to do work that had nothing to do with my transaction – while she was supposed to me helping me. 17.I shared with the store manager my truth: it is always polite for a person to finish talking before one cuts them off which Tracey did several times. I shared that if Tracey could not answer my questions certainly she could have requested the help of her collogues to explain the answers – just like I did. 18.My experience with Tracey was rude and lacked all professional decorum.

I'm guessing English is not your first language. I can't say whether Tracy is right or wrong in this but there is always two sides to every story. Perhaps she couldn't understand what you wanted or perhaps she really is a *** Without the other side of the story, we'll never know for sure.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Rude customer service representative tracey
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Tracey should not be allowed to attach customers with rudeness until she is coached, retrained, mentored, etc. for customers making purchases does help in keeping her employed!

Avoid Lowes at all costs!

I purchased a wall oven from Lowes over the phone- the model was not available in any store. Every single thing about the transaction was a mess- from purchase through installation. The wrong installation kit was ordered, the installation cost was misrepresented at the point of sale, the installation scheduling was cumbersome and unsatisfactory. Even store and department managers are no help- not available, don't reply to email, don't follow up to fix problems. No one at Lowes seems to care about customer satisfaction, and one can't even get them on the phone without devoting hours listening to the phone ring and ring and ring. I will never, ever, do business with Lowes again.
Lowes Oven Installation
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Other Product Review

Had to wait a week for delivery for an item they had on hand and then they messed up the delivery and tried to reschedule. They provide horrible customer service and there is always an issue with this company! So frusterating.
Problem with delivery

Legal Action against Lowes - A Real ‘Catch 22’!

Here’s the thing about Lowes installation contracts. It concerns ‘forced arbitration’. Meaning that if a dispute arises between you and Lowes as the result of a faulty installation, you could be out of a lot of money even if you choose to take them to arbitration which is your only recourse if informal mediation between you and the store that provided the service fails. First of all, you’ll need an attorney unless you want to want to ‘bring a knife to a gun fight’ because there’s a good chance that if faced with arbitration, Lowes will certainly bring out their ‘hired guns’. If the billable hours of your attorney begin at $305.00/hour, you’re then looking at well over $1,500.00 for at least 5 hours (minimum) to prepare for the hearing with dispositions, discovery and so on. Then there’s the expert witness that you’ll need to hire because again, Lowes will bring one or more of their best to the proceedings! So be sure to add another $2,000.00 (for each expert witness) to your legal fees. For example, If your claim against Lowes for totals around $3,000.00 and the arbitration panel finds for the plaintiff (that would be you) for the entire amount, you will have won nothing since you’re down another $500.00 for all your effort (that’s if you chose to include the testimony of at least one expert witness). Incidentally, if you read further into the fine print on the last few pages of your installation contract with Lowes, you’ll notice that you also have the option to bring them to ‘small claims’ court depending on the amount of your claim. However, if you choose to bring Lowes to small claims court, they will need to bring an attorney since Lowes is a major corporation and cannot send an ‘ordinary manager’ to represent them in court. The rules for the county in the state in which I reside prevents attorneys from representing their clients in small claims court. They would instead be referred to the next level, district court, where attorneys are allowed by both parties. And since the ‘fine print’ in Lowes’ contract for installation services precludes a consumer from suing Lowes in a general court of law, your only other recourse is ‘forced arbitration’. Hence, Lowes has ‘all the bases covered’. I found this out after I consulted an attorney who spent well over an hour with us for only $40.00 (we found through a legal-aid referral from our county Bar Association) and deciphered the cryptic legalese of my installation contract with Lowes. By the way, this is a fairly common legal tactic used by larger companies that have numerous complaints and wish to minimize their costs for litigation. The moral of this cautionary tale; if you’re considering using Lowes especially for a major renovation, and something goes wrong as a result of their installation, if you file a claim, and eventually go to arbitration (even with legal representation and expert witnesses to support your case), you may find the amount your recover will barely cover your legal costs and you will have won an worthless moral and hollow victory. And in my case, after all the grief I’ve suffered due to the incompetence of one of Lowes ‘highly skilled’ contractors, I’m not about to add insult to injury by giving these ‘bottom dwelling ***-suckers’ the satisfaction of knowing I’ll have spent even more money by pursuing them in arbitration. So it’s a given I’ll never recommend Lowes installation services to anyone nor will I ever set foot in another of their stores to spend a bloody dime as long as I am drawing a breath. But I also truly believe in ‘Karma’ (what goes around, comes around) so in one way or another, Lowes (including everyone from the store manager down to the contractor who had their grubby little hands on my project) will someday get theirs. And the most delicious part, it will be when they least expect it!

As a former Lowe's installer, I can say this post really isn't doing homeowner's any service. The reality is that Lowe's pays out of pocket to take care of so much stuff.

The installers often eat that cost, but customers are basically guaranteed satisfaction. In the rare instances they don't take this approach (pay out to make it go away), it's because there is literally no merit and it is obvious the customer is out to get free money. Anyone who works in construction, especially residential knows there is a lot of grey involved. Was that gutter damaged before we arrived?

Did that wall have that issue in that one corner of the house. There's literally so much to account for it results in a lot of grey. Therefore, it just comes down to good faith between the homeowner and the installer. We had to eat so much expense because customer's, who understandably don't understand the technical aspects of our trade, would complain and Lowe's just forced us to pay to make it go away.

I can't stress enough how much better off you are going with a larger company like Lowes. One, they will always be in business. Most service companies go out business after a few years. Two, they're such a large company, they just pay to make stuff go away.

Three, you're far more protected from a legal/insurance perspective.

This is probably the biggest advantage of Lowes or a bigger company than some small business. You're better off going with a large company, whether or not that's Lowes.

@Anonymous

first off, you clearly are a biased party, as you work for lowes. secondly, this post is 1,000% accurate as i am currently dealing with the same nonsense.

the writer of this post is correct, lowes does have all bases covered, very tactfully. Their contractors suck, and so do their products (specifically pella windows). They have total disregard to their customers and take months for a simple installation. Why?

because they know they can get away with it and still recover all their money. DUH

Your a liar. Simple.

My project started a month ago and was supposed to be done in a week. Lowes won't even talk to me. They broke a bunch of stuff in my house and covered it up. I got a freaking hole in my wall going outside, the contractor put a piece of tape over it and installed a cabinet to hide it.

Lowes said that was just fine, and that it is our problem. Contractor was never able to find the design plan, so he just "winged" it.

Nothing is up to code. Doors don't even open, and lowes said it was my problem.

Go through homeowners insurance: they fight Lowes: more than likely with a bigger stick!

Very informative

Day late and dollar short as I am in the middle of a Charlie Foxtrot with them right now. I wish I would have read this before I spent over $26,000 on a bathroom when I could have done a better job installing tile myself. Aside from being *** they are liars as well.

@Anonymous

$26,000 on a bathroom? You could have bought yourself a used Double-Wide trailer with that much money. Double-Wide to accommodate your Double-Wide Rear Posterior!

@Anonymous

I like my meals just like I like my womens................SUPER-SIZED! Women with a little bit more to love!

JUST HIRE SOME OF THE GENTLEMEN STAYING AT THE SALVATION ARMY TO DO YOUR PROJECT. THEY COULDN'T POSSIBLY DO A WORSE JOB THAN THE FOLKS AT LOWES WOULD!

Please understand that all of these problems are not unique to Lowe’s. All big box stores have the same arbitration clauses and have the arrangements with contractors.

It’s possible you may get a good contractor but it’s just the luck of the draw.

We always use local contractors that have good local reputations and you can talk to their customers. Yes, they charge more but in my view it’s well wort it.

I head problem with Lowes roof installers it did not pass inspection yet they refuse to fix it. They are an absolute disgrace don't do any business with Laws

this was extremly helpful. We have also been screwed by the Lowes installation team..

From their sales rep to the store manager. They are a disgusting company who we will never recommend or use ever again.

@Rebecca Orona

Screwed over here too!

A lesson learned. That "clause" is set up against the customer.

I wonder how many of us actually won against them.

Probably very few. Such is life today!

Hired lowes to install dishwasher. Their contractor cut and capped a water line inproperly and flooded my home costing me 40k in damages that I know of.

Please, stay away from lowes this is the 4th time in our area this has happened. Their managers are evasive and I would be sitting in black mold if I didn't call my home owners insurance.

I purchased doors to be installed in June and it's 02Oct, only 3 of the 8 have been partially installed. Never, ever again Lowes.

Absolutely horrible! Contractor is incompetent and dishonest!

The central production office at NC doesn’t care about customer and doesn’t return emails and calls. Stay away from Lowe’s at all cost!

Lowes is a horrible company. They do not stand behind the work of the contractors they hire.

The railing on my deck had been installed improperly and needs to be replaced. $1600 in material. Lowes offerd me a $50.00 gift card.

I told them that was not acceptable. I was told it has been escalated, however no return calls for 2 months.

I wish I had read this BEFORE hiring Lowe's to install my deck and fence. I am hating my life and Lowe's so bad right now.

OMG. Same here.

They installed 2 decks. Contractor nor Lowes rep reviewed city code and was installing against code.

So many other awful incidents occurred during installation. Also promised to remove labor charges then would not give it.

I will never go to Lowe's for future projects! I am going through it now.

Window installed over 2 months ago and still not settled. Lowe's and their contractors are dishonest and made up lies to cover their installation error and damage.

By any means take pictures before, during and after installation. Don't trust Lowe's.

I have had the identical experience with Lowes in Central Mass (Westborough location). Simple residing project that was suppose to take 2 weeks is now into 4 months and still no trim or siding on my house.

What I do have is the original siding on my house removed and for the last 3 months and 29 days I've had the framing of my house exposed to the elements.

Water coming into the house, birds nesting in the walls, Wasps everywhere...total nightmare and Lowes could care less, they just blame someone else. RUN FROM LOWES AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

I have one thing to say, "DON'T HIRE LOWES FOR ANY HOME IMPROVEMENT PROJECT". The worse experience in my whole life, and I'm 68 years old.

Save your money and sanity. I cannot I cannot believe how horrible this went - lies; incompetent contactors, pass the buck, no returned p phone calls, no returned emails, and switching materals we chose for cheap products. Who does this????

Lowes does. Stay away fro them

@Garry Davidson

Thanks for the head-up, Sir. I'll make sure that I never hire Lowes for any home improvement project.

Lowe's hired some *** floor installer for our tile. Now you trip over lippage and all the thin set coming through the grout.

Has been 1 1/2 years and finally go to arbitration in December, *** at Lowe's never explained the contract and used the wrong grout.

The contractor has never returned to complete the project. Would NEVER recommend Lowe's for anything, unless you want to be taken advantage of for life.

Lowes doesn't let you read all those fine print until you sign because you sign on page 3 and page 4-7 have all that stuff and they pull it away from you and say here now sign this one. And so on and that is how it goes.

And there Project Managers are trained in Smoke& Fire & Mirrors to keep you from realizing what is going down. And later on when you catch them they come up with all kinds of double talk andDon't remembers.

I am going through it now. Window install in Nov. 2017 and still not settled in July 2018.

About to begin this mediation/arbitration/court journey with them regarding installation of six Pella replacement windows . .

. wish me luck.

@Tina Barrett

can you contact me at my email tcollada@yahoo.comThank youTere

@Tina Barrett

Can you contact me at petrilla636@hotmail.com. I had Prlla Windows install. I am starting the process, but not getting anywhere.

@Tina Barrett

Can you email me as well. I had Pella windows installed by a lowes contractor and its been a nightmare looking to do the same tdion@comcast.net

@Tina Barrett

I’m about to still a case with Lowe’s about my Pella doors and windows. Please email me if you can.

Maybe we can work together to get through this mess. Smastro@msn.com

Reading this makes me so sad. I'm dealing with Lowes regarding the damage they did when installing the kitchen.

They want us to sign a certificate of release before they fix what they damaged when installing the cabinets.

There is no way we can't sign a release that we really don't know if they will fixed what they damage. The interesting is their mission to “Never Stop Improving.” They have caused a devastating burden to the construction of our home which has negatively impacted our personal and financial lives.Any suggestion?

Pretty sure we can file a class action suit.

Wow, me too!

@Alisa K

Me too

mE TOO!

Lets do it

Agreed!!!!!What a disappointment dealing with their great contractors!!!Can't install A fence correct the first time or the 2nd time and want a 3rd try!!And wont do anything to compensate us!!

What a great, and true, account of what is happening with lowes. I am having issues right now with installation of new exterior doors.

No one, including the executive customer service team, is helpful. I have moved all of my business to Home Depot. It is no wonder why HD stock is over $200, while lowes is at $99.18.

Lastly, you will notice that I cannot even bring myself to capitalize their name. I have so much disrespect for them, that I won't even recognize them with a capital letter.

I am going through this with a window install which they hired a licensed fence decking siding contractor. A disaster, it started in Dec.

2017 and has done around $60,000.00 in damages.

Seven months now and nothing. Not only do they have incompetent employees to handle your complaints they also have insurance agents that enjoy playing elementary school games with you.

I agree, we are going through it now.

Totally agree Do not use any box for large projects.

This comment reads like a long bitter diatribe from a teenaged girl who got dumped by her boyfriend OR a theoretical muckraking about an event which apparently never happened because if is laced with "if...then" - fantasy and fiction, not real. And I don't care for your vulgarity.

Not sure CSLB would handle cases of arbitration against Lowe's but its seems if a licence contractor did the work you would have that recourse of CSLB. Its a timely process but CSLB paid for my expert witness and all the arbitration cost.

I represented myself but was very prepared.

It was only against a Private Contractor and no attorneys were involved. I did win the case and the decision is final and contractor license was suspended until I was paid in full.

Too late to read this!

Agreed. We had a poor quality installation of flooring (wood) Lowes (sub-contractor Keller Interior).

We later found NWFA.org.

In Florida, Lowes sub-contract with Keller Interiors. The report we got back from NWFA.org was that it was a "amateur" job.

Yes, do read the contract as they will limit you (small claim in FL is max at $5K).

Avoid Lowes and Keller and seek true professionals; may cost a little more, but you avoid the HEADACHES.

ransom
#1392006

All true, but please be aware that all the 'big box stores' do the same thing. You are always better off dealing with specialty shops, and even with them, do your homework.

It usually costs more but it's worth it. We have been happy with work done by specialty professional companies and would not consider using a big box company.

Lowes is no worse than the others.

We buy products from them but never services, unless it's just to deliver something to our driveway. Even that can be screwed up but not as often or as easily.

I’m not sure what you discussed with an attorney but according to the contract Lowes cannot use an attorney. Arbitration isn’t mandatory, it’s an option including small claims court.

I do agree that they would probably not send a random employee. However if you legally serve someone and they do not appear, then they forgo representation. I’m sure they have legal experts that are t lawyers to ensure they don’t lose.

If you win a case in small claims court you can recoup the costs associated with filing and presenting your claim not to exceed the limit of small claims court. I hope this helps.

@Anonymous

I'm needing to get a roof installed..was considering hiring Lowe's.. however I'm having a issue with paying them up front(100%) to me that doesn't seem right..

I was told that by the representative who initially came out..

duh! Thanks

No dont do it

@Janice

Big box stores always require payment up front. Your are better off hiring a roofing contractor directly, you will save money.

If you have a roof done through Lowes or Home Depot they will hire a local roofing company to do the job and tack on a nice profit for doing it. It is not their employees that will be working on your house.

@Janice

Do nit use Lowes for your roof install!!! I paid $8500 for a new roof that leaks and they won't fix it.

TERRIBLE, UNSKILLED WORKERS, MAY NOT EVEN BE LICENSED

Tried calling Lowe's corporate in North Carolina. All they do is take the information and contact the store which is the reason for the call to corporate. Customer service is not a priority to them!

@Anonymous

So glad I read all these negative reviews. Was going to install office cabinets thru lowes, but not now!!!!!

Take your business elsewhere and pay more if you have to so you will not end up dealing with the nightmare Lowe's will put you through AFTER they get your money. I am now watchful of any company that has a long contract about not being sued and going to arbitration.

If a company has to do that and wants you to sign it AFTER they get your money...they don't care about you and customer service. It's ALL ABOUT THEM. If you want doors, find a door company.

If you want flooring, go to a flooring company. A one stop shop is nice until they *** over!

They are horrible. DO NOT USE THEM!!

I have had problems with Lows. They are very slow on big projects.

Plus some if their subcontractor are terrible, they make a lot of mistakes.

Such unable to install simple things, also they have the nerve to ask me for help on some parts of project and I paid over 10 grand. Never again will go with Lows

Do not use Lowes for carpet installation. Worst experience ever.

I have never encountered so many unprofessional people.

We have spent thousands and thousands in their store and when we have a legitimate problem they are arrogant jerks. They won't get another penny from us.

The Lowes delivery guy came and put my dryer it but he stole my iPhone charger in the washroom also broke my solar outside stole my tools and Lowes is not doing anything about it

Please stay away. Lowes uses bully tactics.

I am out 150k on a botched job.

Do not use Lowes ever for contracting.

Lowes botched my Mother's bathroom remodel. The project began in July 2016, since then they installed incorrect cabinets (twice), counter top, closet mirrors (twice), and shower door (twice).

Their store management is incapable and not interested in finding a timely fix.

My recommendation is to avoid Lowes at all costs - they are inept. Avoid the nightmare that is common place with Lowes and shop somewhere else.

@Brian

Whoops, project began July of 2015 and still ongoing January 2016. Lowes should be shut down.

@Brian

OMG, sounds like the same bathroom reno nightmare we are experiencing with Lowe's in LaPlata, MD! Worst experience EVER!

What was supposed to be a 6-8 week job turned into a year long nightmare!

I wouldn't buy a bathroom plunger from Lowe's EVER in life!

BTW, for the record and curious ‘Scrabble’ aficionados who happen to also follow this blog, the item that was erroneously deleted from my post with *asterisks* was simply a harmless but very descriptive four letter term that began with ‘S’ ended with ‘M’ and rhymed with ‘***’!

'rum'!

View more comments (66)
Lowes Installation

Customer Service Review

I've been to 3 different Lowes Location and each time I'm supper disappointed with their customer service. They messed up on my orders, Blinds took over 1 month blinds didn't come no one try to find out what happen keep telling me to wait. Didn't deliver on date they promise.

Lowes in Alexandria, Virginia - Water Ace

17 Sept. 2009 Water Ace Pump Company1101 Myers ParkwayAshland, Ohio 44805-19691-800-942-3343www.waterace.com Lowe's Home Centers, Inc.1520 Rt. 38, Bldg. 10Lumberton, NJ 08048609-518-7680www.lowes.com/feedback Store Code: 15750-91509-18734 To whom it may concern: On Saturday 19 Jan. 2008 I went to Lowe's Mt Holly, NJ & bought a Water Ace Model R5V ½ HP Sump Pump with a 5-year warranty.On Saturday 12 Sep.2009 I returned home @ 2300 hrs to find my basement flooded. The sump pump stopped working.On Sunday 13 Sep. 2009, I returned to Lowe's to get another pump and bought a Water Ace Model R50VLT. I woke up Sunday Morning 12 hours after installing this pump only to find the basement flooded again. I checked the float and manually lowered it and then left it rise to the switch and the pump started pumping once again. I watched it do this for 5 consecutive 15-second cycles and then the 6th time the pump clicked in as before & ran, but would not pump out the water. (Also noted was a stream of water exiting the pump near the outlet. It looked like a hairline crack in the housing.) I went though the manual resetting the float again & the pump did the same thing. I laid on the wet floor for about 2 hours doing this over and over to lower the water table. I had to repeat this several more times during the day & into the evening to keep the basement free from water.While on break at work I called Water Ace & talked with a gentleman named Ron & he said I should return both pumps to Lowe's and gave me # 200-801 for the R5V pump. When I got home from work on Monday 14 Sept. 2009, it was flooded again. I repeated the manually lowering and raising the float to get it started and then it worked once again for a few cycles & then just turned on without pumping any water as it has been doing since Sunday.On Tuesday 15 Sept 2009 I went to Lowe's with both pumps but I Didi't have the receipt for the R5V pump with me as it was at home with my income tax file. (With all the water coming into the basement, I didn't take time to search for the receipt as in the past Lowe's was able to find my purchase on their computer.) I gave them the date and Model number but they said that they could not find it in the system as the SKU changed. The Zone Manager Josh would not give me his last name as I said that I would be in contact with Lowe's Corporate office. I exchanged the R50VLT pump & went back home.Walked through the now flooded basement again and installed the R50VLT pump. Turned it on and it started pumping right away. After about 10 minutes the water was back in the sump pump well and it shut off until it filled up and it kicked back on. This happened for about 7 times and then it turned on & failed to pump the water until I manually lowered the float and raised it in order for the pump to start pumping again.This went through the 15-second cycles for about seven times and then stopped again.Also to be noted here that the pump would actually sound like it was pumping water after the 7th cycle, but only was circulating water in the pump well with some exiting the anti air lock port. This continual running with adds to my electric bill for the last 5 days. It was at this time that the thought came to me to check the box to see where this pump was manufactured. When I read Made in China, I really got ticked off! I'm sick and tired of having so many things made in China. I would not have bought this pump to start with had I checked where it was made, but for the fact that I was in Lowe's & needed a pump right away. I want you to know that I lost a lot of our things in the basement because of the pump failure; lost a lot of hours changing out the pumps & trying to get them to work properly; time in traveling back & forth to Lowe's as well as money spent on gas for my car. Now I know that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to change a sump pump. It is just a matter of connecting a hose & plugging in. However I do want you to know a little about me.I served 20 years active U.S. Air Force & 10 years Inactive Reserve as a Jet Engine Technician & later as a C-141 Starlifter Aircraft Flight Engineer, Also ram my own Home Improvement business for a few years and I'm a Real Estate Investor with a few properties that I maintain. I'm also employed on Fort Dix, NJ as part of the ISO 9000 Quality Team, working with the Electronic Shop; Weapon Shop & the Vehicle Maintenance Shops for the vehicles used in training and deploying with the Army, Air Force and Navy. Needless to say, I'm very familiar with all kinds of pumps and switches.With that I can only say that the Water Ace Pumps are of poor quality. I would suggest that you get rid of this Chinese made junk and BUY AMERICAN!

I'm with you, buddy. If we made steel in this country again we wouldn't have to buy Chinese junk.

I'm tired of everything being made cheaply to last just until the warranty expires. cBusinesses only listen when you speak with your dollar.

Check all labels and if it isn't made in USA (or in the case of my favorite hair product, MoraccanOil, made in Israel), don't buy it.

AMEN

had to manually lift the float everytime we had a hard rain. basement constantly flooding.

no info on how to get warranty lowes does not carry this item anymore. Would not have purchased this item with what I know now. We purchased this thinking we were getting one of the higher quality pumps so we didnt have to deal with this kind of stuff.

opps.. lost my drumset.

I purchased a house in the summer of 2012 which came with a Waterace R3S, a 1/3 HP sump with a tethered float. The pump worked fine through fall and winter when it have a small work load. But come spring things started to turn bad. Knowing that there would be a lot of water coming in to my pit I checked the pump, watched it cycle 4-5 times and came to the conclusion that the pump was up to the task of the upcoming spring thaw.

During my inspection I noticed that the float for my backup, water operated pump (operated by municipal water pressure in the case of a power outage or mechanical failure of your primary pump) was getting caught up on the side because of a missing bracket which is meant to hold it vertical. Stupidly I shut the ball valve going to the back up because I did not want it to get caught and let the water run constantly. I have caught this little pump running before, the float caught on the side. I simply just moved the float back into position not really giving much thought to it. If i had taken the time to think about it I would have realized that this float is set when the waterline reaches 1"-2" above that which the Waterace pump is set. Which means the Waterace didn't turn on when it as suppose to.

I mention to my wife how it would suck to have a flooded basement and how the pump was working good. The next day, after my inspection and ironic statement to my wife I go down to a flooded basement. I immediately turn the little back up pump on, cursing my stupidity for shutting it off. Move everything that was or could be water damaged and begin to try to get the pump running. My immediate thought was that it was a the float switch, I begin to take the pump apart to see how difficult it would be to replace the float switch. I get 2 of the 6 screws out and in a moment of frustration I plug it in, praying to the pump god's that it works. I lift the float, and the *** turns on. As fast as I can I replace the screws and put the pump back home, as the water is not lowering, the poor little water powered pump isn't built to move that amount of water. The Waterace turns on and finally the pit and surrounding water is pumped out and I can begin my clean up of the the basement.

Luckily my basement is only partially finished and I did catch it before it was too bad. The pump pit does happened to be placed in the one room that is drywalled and has laminate flooring. Looking back the damage could have been a lot worse.

Forward two days later, Easter sunday. I could have bought a new pump yesterday, everything was open, do I? No. Instead a figure I keep a close eye on it and see if it happens again. Sunday morning I go down and my little water powered pump is running, meaning one thing, the waterline rose past that of the Waterace pump. I hit the float for the Waterace, nothing. After cursing Waterace and thanking my little water powered pump I remove the pump again. The Waterace is hot, so much that there is a small amount of steam coming from it. Thats when it dawns on me, the pump is equipped with a thermal overload! The pump has been overheating, tripping this switch. It has been working hard, the snow is melting quick. Regardless, if this pump is equipped with a overload, and no manual reset, it should cool down and automatically reset itself. The pump has not been doing this. I wait 15-20 minutes, which I conclude is sufficient amount of time to let the pump cool down, plug it in and the pump turns on.

So, it seems that the pump is overheating tripping the switch, awesome feature if it worked. But it doesn't reset unless I interrupt the power going to it.

Good luck getting any useful information from Waterace.com, it looks like a website I made for a project in grade 8. I was going to contact them by email, but their email is down. From "Terry's" post on this thread on June 09, 2012, it seems that there email has been down for 9 months. Seems kind of fishy to me. So I will wait until Easter is over to call this exceedingly, amateur looking company.

Moral of the story. Don't shut off your back up pump. The Waterace pump will take advantage of your lapse in judgement and you will be vacuuming up water off your basement floor.

I will be purchasing another pump, from another company that doesn't look like they are running it out of their mothers basement.

All big box store sell the same thing Jst they put there name on claim it's better warranty ect.... They play us all as fools while the top players get the goodies comsumer gets screwd how much do u think they payed for the pump?

Probry 1/4 wht we pay .. Oh ya they all want to help us hahahah help us spend more

Re: Water Ace R50VLT purchased at Lowes and installed 2 years ago. Now the pump switch is DOA.

Luckily I heard the pump running non stop. Called customer Service who said send it back for a new one. The Phipps Hex Screw securing the switch to the pump has to be drilled out because it's a piece of ***. I am in healthcare and imagine if *** screws were used to fix bone fractures.

Are we that money hungry and unethical that we sell *** to Americans? (of course we all know the answer). So far trying to get this screw out has wasted an entire day. No sockets fit and I wonder if they do this on purpose.

When I get a new switch will this happen two years from now or will the pump fail? I will never buy another Water Ace pump again.

I'll go to a proper plumbing place and check customer reviews first. :cry

I'm trying to get parts for a RC10. I can't even get into the WEB site to contact Water Ace.

Their Email is down. After reading all the complaints, I think I'll trash the pump and get another from a company with a better product line mainteance record.

Try a pump that is made in the U.S.A. like Zoeller. www.zoeller.com

I have a water ace R15L lawn sprinkler pump. It has worked great for the last ten years since new.

The poor guy finally retired this week after many years of fine service. Wish I could find another one locally just like it. It owes me nothing.

Was just great! :)

The water ace I have will work fine, but will not shut off after repeated cycles....I will be switching brands, and stores this round.

I had the same problem with the sump pump.

just survived Hurricane/Tropical Storm Irene. Only due to the fact i checked the sump pump before going to bed.

the float was up, but did not turn on the pump. i manually pushed it up and down and it turned on.

Spent 3 hours thru the nite making sure it didnt stop again. going to Lowes to replace with something better.

I have, scratch that, HAD, a Water Ace R5V, 1/2 hp sump pump. It went out less than 2 years after purchase.

This also advertised a 5 Year Warranty, which at the time, made me feel better about spending less on the pump. I also had to lift the switch manualy several times, wiggling it back and forth, up and down, to get the water level down. Once down again, I took off to get a new one. Thank God it happened 2 weeks before our area received the, now news worthy, flooding.

If it had gone out the 1st night the water started to rise, we would have lost everything in our basement.

AVOID WATER ACE PUMPS. You may save 50 bucks at the store, but think of the hours your going to spend cleaning up your flooded basement.

30 years of commercial, industrial, and residence Plumbing, design, fab, install and lots, of repairs. I have learned a lot and it gets more interesting as time goes on but what gets me, no actually hurts is to American's demand and buy the cheapest of merchandise, than complain about the quality?

Why is it we buy *** from Asia and pay the billions of import and shipping costs and wonder why industry has moved? ETHICS.

Only one thing gets the economy up and moving, ......spending. I hate my lg phone and all the other *** coming out of that child labor country, they are going to cash us in soon.

Dont know if first comment went thru. The waterace never worked out of the box. Good quality hope Lowes will take back unit as its out of warranty.

R50VLT with the same switch problem. Pump works finebut wont shut off. Lowes is taking the old one back and replacing it.

I hate the Water Ace Pumps - it malfunctions , the floating switch does not work and I just had it cos my basement has been flooded many times now.Finally today I had - I want to let the world know that their pumps really suck big time.

I have a water ace R50vlt which also died. Actually the float switch controller stopped working.

The motor works if I plug it directly without the second plug. of course that is no good since it will run continuously. Water Ace advertises it with a lifetime warranty. When I called them there response was oh that is not a material defect.

we cannot repair it.... Glad to see that lowes in no longer carrying their trash. Just bought a Zoeller pump online. Alot of on line sites with good prices.

The recent rain we had in the Boston area caused a shortage of pumps everywhere. now I have to keep a spare on hand just in case.

I Bought a water ace sump pump R5V 5year warranty from lowes on 7-17-08 2year and 4 months later went out.I went to lowes they said,sorry we replaced that product with FLOTECH sump pump...SO much for warranty,any help, advise please email;delatte@spillwaycable.com THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!

Lowes ***' sucks!!!

Lowes has the most liberal return policy in the retail industry. I've also had to return a pump to them but had my reciept and had no issue. BUT I do agree we've sold our souls to the devil with the Chinese junk we are buying today.

View more comments (22)
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Alexandria, Virginia - Washer and Dryer

Three men showed up and only one spoke English. They installed the washer but neglected to remove the rods inside it which are temporarily installed to keep the drum from moving during delivery. I didn't know this and it almost destroyed the washer when it went into the spin cycle. The dryer was missing a piece that connected the unit to the exhaust vent. They told me that I would have to contact Lowe's about it and just left it there uninstalled. On top of that they wanted me to tip them before they left. Worst service ever.

On behalf of Lowe's I am so sorry... I hope those delivery drivers got fired!

I know if they were my delivery driver in my store I would have fired them! Again sorry!

Lowes Delivery Service

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111