State: Virginia City: Farmville Clear all filters (5 of 4891 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Farmville, Virginia - Missing bumper

3.3
Purchased John Deere e170 this spring. It was delivered with missing front bumper. Called customer service about once a month they always say would you like someone to call you. Then the company says they it’s going to be shipped ot you. It’s now December about 7 month later still no bumper. When you call they say that was before my time here do you want someone to call you? No I want the bumper that should have been on the mower I purchased. Please fix it and someone calling me doesn’t fix it.

Tip for the future: Always look over your deliveries before you sign for them. If you find it damaged of parts missing, do not accept delivery and have the delivery drivers take it back.

Don’t listen to the delivery people when they say “call the store and they will bring the missing part out”, they don’t work for Lowe’s and just don’t want to load it back onto the truck.

Believe it or not, the process for replacing the whole machine is easier than getting a missing part. It’s the same for all Big Box retailers.

Review
#1422052 Review #1422052 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Customer servie
  • Unprofessional managers and contracors
Poor customer service

Lowes in Farmville, Virginia - Purchased pressure washer and it broke

I bought a pressure washer from Lowes in Farmville and it broke. Called the store and was informed if I didn't purchase an extended warranty that there was no warranty that is *** will never happen again hurry and come in Home Depot Lowes sucks here in Farmville plus it doesn't take a hundred words to describe lowes here I don't know why as a citizen we let these companies come in our town and do people like they wish lets put a stop to it now before its to late and it probably is already to late so lowes wake the *** up also upon purchasing the item I wasn't informed there was not a warranty so that's bull too

You fail to say how long ago you purchased the pressure washer. If the manufacturers warranty period has passed and you didn't buy a service plan, they are correct, there is no warranty.

No different than any other product you buy. Other stores would tell you the same thing.

Keep in mind that stores are not responsible for warranties anyway, the manufacturer is. If it is still within the manufacturer's warranty period, contact the manufacturer.

Product
Lowes Warranty
Bad quality
Preferred solution
i want another pressure washer
Tags
  • Pressure Washer

Lowes in Farmville, Virginia - Online Purchase Canceled

I purchased an upright freezer this morning to pick up today. They called at 3 pm saying it wasn't in stock and they were canceling my order. But they had a scratch and dent in the back and she would call me back letting me know how much I could get off of the cost. She called me back at 7:30 pm!!! telling me she could give 10% off the cost. I was not happy when she said they had sold 3 of these freezers today without pulling mine. I asked to speak to a manager and was on hold for 15 minutes and the nice lady came back on saying the manager said canceling my order was their policy if the item was not in stock. Why not honor my purchase at a later date? The manager is not there to make sure the customer is served!!!
Lowes Customer Care
canceling order
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Farmville lowe's doesnt care about Customers (Goods Damaged)

Lowes - Farmville lowe's doesnt care about Customers (Goods Damaged)
First, it was raining and the item was moved off the truck and set in wet soil. Then they entered my residence without cleaning off the item or a least wiping their feet. Upon showing them location and the possible need to change the door configuration, they proceeded back to the truck to remove the non-boxed refrigerator. The item was moved (extremely tight move with the refrigerator touching the door frames and had to be nudged, shoved ) through two doors then the kitchen door which did not open the extra inch. They removed my house door (100+ years old 34-inch solid wood) still damaging the sides of the refrigerator, my door hinge finish, scratching my wood floor, and gouging the kitchen flooring. The driver disregarded the manufacturer’s instructions in Owner’s Manual in a text box (with an exclamation point!) on page 13, “NOTE: When it is necessary to move the refrigerator through a narrow opening, removing the doors is the recommended procedure. If it is necessary to remove the handles, follow the instruction below. The appearance of the handle may vary from what is shown in the illustrations.” Remove the refrigerator door, not my home doors! They had to reverse the door anyway, as the Lowe’s salesperson told us, so this would have been part of the delivery process. After placing the item and removing some of the plastic material they stated, "They only allow so much time and we have other deliveries so you'll have to call this 1-800 number to get the door changed. It’ll take 34-45 minutes". My wife called the number and the store to complain and requested the door be changed, and that a new professional crew be assigned. Now we’re two more days without use which is the earliest installation date. To note: we were notified of your policy that any door changing or leveling would be handled by the delivery personnel. And we tried to help by providing a 7-day delivery window. Lowe's local Customer Service called the morning (Sunday) they were scheduled to return to reverse the door and left a voice mail stating they’re “throwing in another washer hose for my leaking washer”. My wife called back and attempted to tell the customer service person the actual situation. The person (which would only provide his first name) WOULD NOT ALLOW my wife to speak. I could hear this in another room. Believing my wife was talked to in a disrespectful manner, I took over the phone call. Your service agent WOULD NOT ALLOW me to talk, finally after MULTIPLE “please let me talk” and then a direct demand, I was allowed to provide a list of the damage/complaints and ended the conversation with no apparent result. Later, a follow-up call was made and we were notified that a manager would call in 24 hours. A few hours beyond that period a manager at the Farmville, Virginia store responded asking about the leak!! Where is the leak! Again, we bought a refrigerator, not a washer. He made the customary apologies and asked my wife about the problems with the driver. Our answer was then, as it is now, they ignored the instructions, which damaged our house and a new refrigerator. My wife said he could call my husband if wanted. He did not want to and refused.
#1419566

Well, dryer went out, no response from Lowes about this complaint, So to Sears I go to a hometown store. Service was great, purchased item.

A quality Kenmore not a cheap Roper!

Seem like Lowes would care? Think before you shop, if the town or store does not support your values or service expectations "SHOP ELSE WHERE"!

No response to letter or calls. I will try the BBB, who knows maybe they will answer them. If they even care.

Went to home depot yesterday what a change in attitude of store employees, I can say it was a happy experience. Military Discount Yea!

No response to letter to store and Head Quarters. On to the CEO and BBB.

Consider never using Lowes as your box supplier. I will not even hire contractors' that use this store and the list grows!

It's always a good idea to make sure the appliances you buy will fit through your doors, especially if you have an old house with odd size doors. It's people like you that screw up the delivery schedule for everyone behind you.

@Anonymous

If the manufactures instructions were followed their would be no damage to the refrigerator. Now the added damage was not just sloppy and careless movers, but me screwing up, Make a internet search, a lot of customers screwing up, don't you think?

(XPO) I don't see how its the customers fault that service was not provided. But thinking a old houses is problem is also dumb! I can only believe that you have a horse in this complaint.

I hope Mr. Niblock see things different.

@Anonymous

It is ridiculous of you to blame a customer for damage caused to the home and purchased product during a Lowe's delivery. Lowe's is in the business of making home deliveries, and as a business, they have a responsibility to provide competent services with trained employees who are capable of navigating the most common of issues, such as size of entryway and product.

Only a true idiot would run a business that penalizes customers with horrible service if that customer does not anticipate a complication like this. Any good business understands that customers do not anticipate common complications as automatically as the experienced business does. Lowe's has encountered the issue thousands of times. Common sense would compel Lowe's to address such concerns with their customers ahead of time, especially since it is Lowe's who charges a significant delivery fee.

If the customer had to have all the knowledge and capability in the matter, then he wouldn't be paying Lowe's to do this for him!

There is an enormous malfunction in Lowe's selection and training of delivery workers, who DO represent the company, and need to have the sense to follow their own company's written instructions for responding to this kind of situation.

It is Lowe's responsibility to complete other deliveries in a timely manner, and anyone with basic thinking skills would devise a business plan that accomodates and anticipates a delivery complication.

Don't be the kind of fool who blames a previous customer on the schedule for the unprofessional planning and execution of services by the company who is PAID to do the job!

@PurpleTantrum

Um... Delivery is free on appliances at Lowes

doug49

Company please correspondence by email, phone conversation with them is part of the problems.

View more comments (8)
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Cust
  • Customer service
  • Delivery
Damaged or defective

Lowes in Farmville, Virginia - Dissatisfied Veteran Customer

5.0
I have received Veteran's discounts from numerous Lowe's in Virginia. Unfortunately Farmville Lowe's does not HONER Veteran's that served. they only honor Vet's that are retired only, not Vet's that served. My Military Card expired, I was instructed to get anew validation from the D.M.V. FARMVILLE does not Honor this from of I.D. SHAME SHAME!!!!!! I hope Lowe's Headquarter take's this Matter Serious, and instructs FARMVILLE VA. to Honor what all the other Lowe's in Virginia Honor. Thank you for looking into this matter. William R. Irizarry Farmville Resident

They do honor vets of all types on certain holidays. They do give out the discount for all Active and Retired 365 days a year.

And even then I have a problem with it because of their abuse of it. The discount is supposed to be for personal use. A lot of the people with the military ID's are using it to get a discount for their business', and when you call them out you're the bad guy for "Not supporting your troops". And the other way they abuse it is coming in an making large purchases for the friends, people who didn't serve.

Tell me, when do Depot give a military discounts? Only on Memorial Day, Quatro De Julio, and Veterans Day.

Who else gives out Military Discounts on a daily basis? Not many.

But FUQ Lowe's for not giving each and every single person, who have out on a uniform, a 10% discount 365 days a year, right? ***

#1119562

while i don't work at lowe's i do work retail and i can tell you this, these types of complaints really chap my hide.

so sick of people complaining of not receiving such a pitiful amount off and then having to play the "service" card by stating they served in such & such an area and all that.

why should only veterans get discounts whether the policy says certain days or all the time? there are just as many other jobs and professions that are just as honorable and deserving of our respect and they don't get a discount while shopping.

The dd214 is only honored on Memorial Day, 4th of July and Veteran's Day. That's Lowe's policy and the store was following it. The rest of the stores in Virginia that were accepting that form of ID (which I highly doubt) are in violation, and will probably get in trouble for it.

But I am really sorry you didn't get a dollar off your purchase.

View more comments (2)
Review
Cons
  • That they do not honor the dmv military dd214 id
Farmville Branch doesn't Honor Veterans Discount
Tags
  • Angry Homeowner

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111