State: Virginia Product: Lowes Credit Card Clear all filters (3 of 84 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in Roanoke, Virginia - Poor customer relations

Cerdit card account in good standing, and they close it WITHOUT my knowledge. When I called to find out they said it was because of a review of my credit history. No matter that my account was in good standing and I had ZERO issues on my account. They have now only hurt my credit even more, and for someone trying to rebuild and restructure, that hurts. Poor business. Never will I ever shop at Lowes again.

I worked for Lowes for 7 years and know that at times the credit card company would close accounts that hadn't been used for some time. They said it was to help dormant accounts from being used without the owner's knowledge. I don't know if that is true, but perhaps it might be?

Why are you complaining about Lowes? You do not have a credit account with Lowes.

Your account is with an independent credit company. My guess is that you didn't bother reading the fine print on the application when you opened the account. The fine print includes the fact that they may from time to time check your credit rating and adjust your credit limits accordingly. If your rating goes up they will increase your limits if it goes down they may decrease you limits or even close your account.

Issuing credit is a business that takes into account the risk of lending you money and how likely you are to pay it back. If you have fallen behind on other loans or the amount you have borrowed elsewhere has jumped and your income hasn't they may feel it is too risky to lend you more.

How likely are you to lend money to someone who may not be able to pay you back? It isn't their fault you got into a situation where your ratings dropped.

@Anonymous

Sounds like someone exactly as you describe, can’t or won’t read - probably doesn’t earn enough to justify anyone giving them credit in the first place and now they’ve realized their mistake and the OP is upset and misguidedly targeting Lowe’s - well at least they learned to read the letter that was sent when the account was closed, too bad they didn’t read who actually sent the letter

View more comments (2)
Lowes Credit Card

Lowes in Bluefield, Virginia - Doubt I'll use Lowe's credit card again!

4.7
I applied for a Lowes' Credit Card and was given a 2000 dollar credit limit, which I paid off less than a year. I then received a letter the following month and found that my credit limit was lowered to 100 dollars. I suppose once Synchrony Bank realized they didn't receive enough interest from the duration I had a balance, they lowered my credit limit. At one point in time , a person was praised for their responsibility , not punished for it. America has tragically changed. The letter which provided an explanation for why my credit limit was lower basically said- You maxed out your card too quickly , had it for too short period of time and paid it too soon. So , thank you for the big ***

All the things you describe lower your credit score which is the reason they lowered your limit. You should learn a little about how credit is granted and what you do that affects your credit score.

Reason of review
Problems with payment

Lowes in Harrisonburg, Virginia - One payment, one day late, now labelled delinquent

I've had a Lowe's credit card for years. Always paid on time, most of the time I paid early. I was accidentally one day late and now I have a $30 late fee and they jacked the interest from 22.0 to 29% indefinitely. Add to that they have labelled my account delinquent which in turn goes on my credit report. At what point do we say enough! Who is stealing from who?? I could understand if I did not make a payment. I could even understand if I was two weeks late. But one day (it was post-marked on the due date)....

I always made my payment on time.After years i was one day late.When i called in they told me it will be taking care of,so just pay the normal amount.I did that and now they charging me twice $ 39.00 late fee.Im done with Lowe's and Ge is not better.Im going now to Home Depot.

Lowes is not in charge of their credit cards. That is done through GE Money Bank. Your issue should be with them, not Lowes.

I agree with Shorthill wholeheartedly! Lowes shows NO MERCY. So what if you have built Apts. buying a large quantity of your materials thru them. So what if for 10 years you have spent tens of thousands of dollars at their stores. So what if you always paid on time. So what if you have flawless credit and have always paid your creditors, SO - WHAT!!

OOPS!! YOU FORGOT SOMETHING, YOU MADE A MISTAKE, AND NOW YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO EVER HAVE A LOWES CREDIT CARD AGAIN!!!

OH YEAH, YOUR NEW NAME IS DELINQUENT!!LOL

Bye Bye Lowes & HELLO HOME DEPOT, they gave me 3 times the credit limit you did. And increased it often as a REWARD for being a GOOD Customer! TRY THAT IDEA OUT!

Chris

That's what they do....

www.firerobertniblock.com

www.lowesceo.com

View more comments (3)
Loss

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111