State: Virginia Product: Lowes Customer Care Clear all filters (11 of 477 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Stop shopping LOWES

1.6
lowes could care less about there people.all they are worried about is the dollar.thats why when you go there you can never find anyone to help you.and thats why i go to ace hardware where the people know how to help you.if you need building supplies there is home depot,custom builders supply and others.
Review
#1711912 Review #1711912 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.3
Was hold for 15 minutes finally the call was connected, tried to schedule a service call, spent some time with the rep, to be hung up on. Called back and the wait time was 15 minutes. Very disappointed. Can I ever get service? Can't spend all day trying to talk to...

What's with more, a bird in the hand or two in the bush? Having worked in retail for many years it's obvious that the person you are most likely to make a sale to is the person that has taken time to come to the store.

People calling with questions may or may not come in to actually make a purchase. The customer in front of me, in the store always got priority over the phone.

If someone was going to wait it was the person on the phone. How would you feel if you decided to buy the product you were calling about, went into the store and the employees ignored you because the were talking to someone on the phone?

View more comments

Lowes in Piper Gap, Virginia - Checkout

1.8
One person to check out or you can check out yourself I do not work for Lowe’s and I expect to inter act with a real person get your head out of the sand Lowe’s you are losing customers over this.

Are you living in the past? Home Depot, Target, Walmart and others are all expanding self service registers. Give them a try, it's much quicker than waiting for a cashier.

Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Western, Virginia - No 10% discount on refrigerator that was on sale.

4.1
Lowes keeps changing the rules on veteran discounts. This was explained to me in store (none too kindly) and also over phone (as nice as possible). So if anyone can buy on sale , why say you are giving veterans a 10% discount.? Just quit saying you are. You are only giving them false hope. If there was another appliance store within a 50 mile radius, I would never shop Lowes again.

The terms of the discount are pretty clear stating that they can't be used with any other offer, promotion, discount, markdown.... I other words the discount is available only on full price purchases.

You should be glad you are offered a discount at all. There are many other deserving professions that don't get a discount.

Pricing issue
Tags
  • Veteran Discount

Lowes in Virginia Beach, Virginia - Troy-Bilt FLEX & Lowe's No Return Policy.

I bought the Troy-Bilt FLEX power base and mower attachment. It wasn't in stock and it took them more than 30 days to deliver the darn thing. First time I used it, it got slower and slower when I would pull the throttle, to the point where it is entirely pushed by me...that was the first time I used it & I have less than 3/4 of an acre to mow. Second time I used it, the PTO got stuck engaged and would not disengage - something snapped in there, it spins freely even though the cable is stuck in the engaged position...I can't use the thing anymore, it's now worthless. Lowe's wont take it back and Troy Bilt won't authorize the return, they want me to let someone at Lowe's fix it. Last outdoor power equipment purchase I make from lowe's. By the way - this is a $1,400 mower setup, used it twice & now I'm back to my old push mower that I bought in 2006.

Why is it worthless? There is a manufacture warranty that covers the repairs for DEFECTS in the product.

Just like a new car warranty. They will repair your car if something goes wrong.

They won't give you a refund or replace it. If you did something like failing to put oil in it or used stale gas, expect to be charged as that is not a defect in the product.

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes in Richmond, Virginia - No help at store location. Could not find anyone in store

3.4
Cause your stores in my area 40218 have no one to help me with an ice maker convection. There for I would have to ride there amaybe waste my time if you can not help me. I could take my business elsewhere but that to is a ways away so I could be wasting my time there also. But on the custome device they were wonderful. Answered my guestionbright away. You need that kind of customer service in the stores

Your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Who was wonderful on "custome device"?

Who answered your "questionbright away"? Seems like you might want to take a little time and read your complaints before you post them to see if they make sense.

Do you mean ice maker conversion?

lowes is not affiliated with this site. they aren't going to answer you here.

What on earth is an ice maker convection? No wonder you couldn't find anyone to help you with it.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Alexandria, Virginia - RUDE Customer Service Representative TRACEY

1. On September 6, I purchased five fans online: Order #35827619 and Order #355826926. 2.I received confirmation that provided the order details (purchase date, time, etc.). 3.At approximately, 9:30pm, I went to Lowes of Alexandria (6750 Richmond Highway . Alexandria, VA 22306). I visited the fan department upon entering the store and a gentleman asked if I needed help. I shared that I had purchased five fans online and just wanted to see the display model. The extremely polite gentleman volunteered information about the fans and answered all questions. He told me that the fans would be at the Customer Service Desk (CSD). 4.I went to the CSD and told Tracey that I had purchased fans online, provided the confirmation numbers and wanted to pick them up. 5.Tracey told me a) the fans were not at the CSD, and b) I had not purchased the fans that’s why they were not at the CSD. 6.I asked her to explain how I could have confirmation numbers if I had not made the purchases. 7.Tracey turned around, walked away, took a seat, and started doing something. She said I can still hear you. I refused to talk. When she turned back around I repeated #6. Tracey told again a) that I had not made a purchase and b) I had to go get the fans bring them to the CSD and buy them. 8.I told her that the fans were already purchased and they were supposed to be here at the CSD according to previous online experiences. I also shared that the gentleman in the fan department agreed with me. 9.Tracey told again a) that I had not made a purchase and b) I had to go get the fans bring them to the CSD and buy them. 10.I asked her what I was supposed to put them in or on. 11.Tracey told me to walk back to the fan department and someone would figure it out. 12.I went to the fan department and the gentleman placed the fans in a shopping cart per my request. I told him my challenge about convincing Tracey I had purchased the fans. He escorted me to the CSD and witnessed Tracey telling me I had not purchased the fans. 13.I asked Tracey (and he witnessed) to allow me to tell her my truth and ask clear concise questions because I did not want to get charged twice. I spoke three sentences and Tracey cut me off. I stopped talking and when she finished I started sharing again. Tracey again cut me off a second time. I told her that I am not used to people cutting me off mid-sentence for it is not effective communication. Tracey yet again cut me off and I pointed out she was doing it yet again! I told her because she will not allow me to share my truth and then ask my question: I had no idea what she could possibly be answering. 14.I attempted to share again but Tracey immediately cut me off. I requested the store manager on duty. 15.I shared with the store manager all of the above. He apologized for Tracey’s behavior and he too could not figure out why she did not believe I had purchased the fans. I shared with him that I am paying customer and I believe I have the right to ask questions – especially given the fact that a) I had used my credit card to complete the transaction online, b) received information from Lowes that the purchases had been made, c) a Lowes’ employee is telling me repeatedly that I had not made the purchase, and d) I needed to bring the fans to CSD and buy them. 16.I then encouraged the store manager to play the store recorded tape to see Tracey turning her back to me, taking a seat to do work that had nothing to do with my transaction – while she was supposed to me helping me. 17.I shared with the store manager my truth: it is always polite for a person to finish talking before one cuts them off which Tracey did several times. I shared that if Tracey could not answer my questions certainly she could have requested the help of her collogues to explain the answers – just like I did. 18.My experience with Tracey was rude and lacked all professional decorum.

I'm guessing English is not your first language. I can't say whether Tracy is right or wrong in this but there is always two sides to every story. Perhaps she couldn't understand what you wanted or perhaps she really is a *** Without the other side of the story, we'll never know for sure.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Rude customer service representative tracey
Preferred solution
Tracey should not be allowed to attach customers with rudeness until she is coached, retrained, mentored, etc. for customers making purchases does help in keeping her employed!

Lowes in Farmville, Virginia - Online Purchase Canceled

I purchased an upright freezer this morning to pick up today. They called at 3 pm saying it wasn't in stock and they were canceling my order. But they had a scratch and dent in the back and she would call me back letting me know how much I could get off of the cost. She called me back at 7:30 pm!!! telling me she could give 10% off the cost. I was not happy when she said they had sold 3 of these freezers today without pulling mine. I asked to speak to a manager and was on hold for 15 minutes and the nice lady came back on saying the manager said canceling my order was their policy if the item was not in stock. Why not honor my purchase at a later date? The manager is not there to make sure the customer is served!!!
canceling order

Lowes Fail!

As a veteran, I have used Lowes for many home improvement projects as my age is catching up with me. Recently, I had the experience of a lifetime and thought I might pass it along to you. This started with a trip to my Lowes on Banks Ford Rd in Stafford, VA whereby I was looking to get a floor of my home carpeted. After visiting the department in the store and waiting about 10 minutes, I used the call button to summon help. After about 5 mins listening to “Special assistance in the Flooring Department…”, I walked over the turned off the vocal alert myself. A person in a red smock finally showed up and I asked him if I could get an estimate on carpeting…he replied in broken English that he was only a stocker and could not help me. He further explained that the person working the area was on break (this is at 9AM in the morning). I decided to take a seat and wait another 15 minutes after which I walked up to customer service and ask for assistance. A brief search was conducted for the “person” who, by all accounts, was clocked into the store, but not in the store. Not sure what happened after that as I left…never to return. I made my way to the Central Park Store, located in Fredericksburg, VA. This time I was greeted by a man in the flooring department who said he couldn’t assist me with the carpeting but would get the person who could. After calling around the store, a person named “Theresa” (I think) was identified and called to the department. About 10 minutes later, I was told this person was in a meeting and couldn’t assist me for at least 20 minutes. I immediately left the store…you guessed it…never to return. For the morning efforts, I managed to waste 3 hours and still had no clue how to proceed in obtaining the carpet I needed. After 10 years of boycotting one of Lowes competitor stores, I decided it was time to check them out. My estimate was in my hand and an appointment for measurements for the following Monday within 10 mins. I guess Home Depot might get my business from now on. (See hew complaint on Home Depot) Oh, one more issue. Lowe's policy about Military Discounts. Making us get a “My Lowes” card and making sure we get the appropriate discount recorded on our “My Lowes” account in order to receive our “Military discount”. One would assume you no longer want our Nation’s veterans to produce their hard earned Retired card, that most worked their tails off for, to show it in line at any Lowes store in the future. In my mind, if you feel this way, it is just another way of hiding the fact that you do give discounts to people. For that reason, effective immediately, I will be boycotting your establishment and encouraging my peers to do the same. I have already gotten negative messages from my peers and your stores are about to lose their patronage. Please don’t hide behind “procedure” for this offering, no one is buying it!
Buddy1000

Yeah, they are always in meetings. Not sure what those meetings are about.

Probably how to make more sales, while customers walk out.

And people complain about gov employees. They are much more responsive than too big to fail bots.

#1341932

Actually there new veteran policy is something that is helping. It used to be that they only accepted the VA cards only, they couldn't accept any license that said ID, couldn't accept DD214s.

Just VA cards. With their new method, Veterans, Active Members, and Reservists are now capable of getting the discount.

I actually find it very useful. But, each state has its own I guess, I've never had an issue with the Lowe's in my home town.

Typical entitled attitude. You were not conscripted or forced into service it's a choice you made.

Do not expect any of those in the real world to feel we owe you something because of your career choice. Everyone must work for everything we buy, discounts are a nice to have not a given.

An honorable vet would appreciate stores that offer them a discount and wouldn't cry and complain if they weren't offered one or didn't like the way a discount was offered. It's too bad that the only group of people you see complaining about discounts seems to be vets. There are a lot of other people out there that are deserving of discount as well but you don't see them complaining.

Buddy1000
@Anonymous

And they get a lot of mileage out of being so - called vet friendly. What they really want is personal information and it's fair to question somebody who advertises discounts to draw in unsuspecting identity victims.

When somebody employed by the store opens a bank account in your name they'll give you a free year of lifelock. Thanks.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Costumer services
No store representation
Loss
Preferred solution
Stop selling products you don't intend to sell...

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111
All Lowes Contacts

Lowes Reviews

Lowes reviews

Lowes - Customer Care Review from Centreville, Virginia

Poor mattress store and you only have one cashier asked your associate why I only have one cashier 8 o'clock at night and he says honestly because they don't want to hire anybody and that's ridiculous just one of those things that make you question same reason why I guess we're having the crazy lection nobody cares

I mean what is a customer's favorite line when an employee gets an attitude? Who pays whoms wages? Sooo at what point do you have the idea that you as a customer have the right to complain about number of hired help at any retail establishment?

I though Lowes is a home improvement store.

Are you sure you are complaining about the correct store?

aliens_amoung_us

Wait, Lowes sells mattresses now? Who knew.

This complaint does not make sense to me with some of the misspelled words. It is not a complete sentence.

What happened to using correct spelling and correct punctuation?

Is this a legitimate complaint or do you just want to rant?

The cashier has NO control over Lowes hiring policies.

Senior management does. So call them and complain to them instead of complaining to the cashier who has NO control over this.

View more comments (3)