State: Virginia Product: Lowes Delivery Service Clear all filters (12 of 335 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in Ashburn, Virginia - Avoid

Twice I purchased appliances, twice not delivered when promised, twice treated rudely, twice had to complain to numerous people to get someone to handle the problem, twice treated like *** from the customer service phone people, yep there will not be a third time

Lowes in Farmville, Virginia - Missing bumper

3.3
Purchased John Deere e170 this spring. It was delivered with missing front bumper. Called customer service about once a month they always say would you like someone to call you. Then the company says they it’s going to be shipped ot you. It’s now December about 7 month later still no bumper. When you call they say that was before my time here do you want someone to call you? No I want the bumper that should have been on the mower I purchased. Please fix it and someone calling me doesn’t fix it.

Tip for the future: Always look over your deliveries before you sign for them. If you find it damaged of parts missing, do not accept delivery and have the delivery drivers take it back.

Don’t listen to the delivery people when they say “call the store and they will bring the missing part out”, they don’t work for Lowe’s and just don’t want to load it back onto the truck.

Believe it or not, the process for replacing the whole machine is easier than getting a missing part. It’s the same for all Big Box retailers.

Review
#1422052 Review #1422052 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Customer servie
  • Unprofessional managers and contracors
Poor customer service

Lowes in Roanoke, Virginia - TOOK TWO (2) MONTHS TO RECEIVE STOVE COOKTOP

NOTE: DURING THE TIME FRAME BELOW WE SPOKE WITH THREE APPLIANCE DEPARTMENT EMPLOYEES, TWO LOWE’S MANAGERS AND ALSO THE MANAGER OF THE APPLIANCE DEPARTMENT: ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ WE ORDERED A STOVE COOKTOP AT LOWE'S IN SALEM, VA ON AUGUST 31ST AND WE FINALLY RECEIVED IT IN OUR HOME ON OCTOBER 15TH. IT WAS SUPPOSE TO ARRIVE WITHIN TWO WEEKS AND IT ENDED UP TAKING EIGHT WEEKS TO ARRIVE AT THE LOWE'S STORE IN SALEM, VA. AFTER WAITING FOR EIGHT (8) WEEKS WE FINALLY RECEIVED IT IN OUR HOME. WE PAID FOR INSTALLATION AND LOWE'S DROPPED IT OFF AT OUR HOME AND SAID SOMEONE WILL CALL YOU TO INSTALL IT. I DO HAVE TO SAY A VERY NICE GUY CAME THE NEXT MORNING (HE WAS CONTRACTED OUT BY LOWE'S) AND INSTALLED OUR COOKTOP. WE HAVE BEEN A FAITHFUL CUSTOMER OF LOWE'S FOR 30+ YEARS, BUT WE WILL NEVER SHOP AT LOWE'S AGAIN. WE WILL TAKE OUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE AND I'M SURE GET OUR MERCHANDISE IN A TIMELY MANNER.

You would have probably had the same problem anywhere you went. Cooktops aren't the fastest selling appliance and are usually ordered from the manufacturer.

If they are in stock in the manufacturers warehouse you will have delivery within two weeks. The manufacturers are extremely poor about letting stores know if they are out of stock, The store knows when the truck shows up and the appliance is backordered. If it is backordered they have to wait for more to be manufactured. If you are looking at one of the big Korean manufacturers you have to add another 3-4 weeks for it to get to the US on a boat and another week to get from their docks to the warehouse.

Until it finally arrives on the truck the store has little way of knowing exactly when it will arrive.

It's just as frustrating for the salespeople having to listen to customers complain as it is for the customers. If you need an appliance in a timely manner only purchase items that are in stock at the store.

Order processing issue

Lowes - Farmville lowe's doesnt care about Customers (Goods Damaged)

Lowes - Farmville lowe's doesnt care about Customers (Goods Damaged)
First, it was raining and the item was moved off the truck and set in wet soil. Then they entered my residence without cleaning off the item or a least wiping their feet. Upon showing them location and the possible need to change the door configuration, they proceeded back to the truck to remove the non-boxed refrigerator. The item was moved (extremely tight move with the refrigerator touching the door frames and had to be nudged, shoved ) through two doors then the kitchen door which did not open the extra inch. They removed my house door (100+ years old 34-inch solid wood) still damaging the sides of the refrigerator, my door hinge finish, scratching my wood floor, and gouging the kitchen flooring. The driver disregarded the manufacturer’s instructions in Owner’s Manual in a text box (with an exclamation point!) on page 13, “NOTE: When it is necessary to move the refrigerator through a narrow opening, removing the doors is the recommended procedure. If it is necessary to remove the handles, follow the instruction below. The appearance of the handle may vary from what is shown in the illustrations.” Remove the refrigerator door, not my home doors! They had to reverse the door anyway, as the Lowe’s salesperson told us, so this would have been part of the delivery process. After placing the item and removing some of the plastic material they stated, "They only allow so much time and we have other deliveries so you'll have to call this 1-800 number to get the door changed. It’ll take 34-45 minutes". My wife called the number and the store to complain and requested the door be changed, and that a new professional crew be assigned. Now we’re two more days without use which is the earliest installation date. To note: we were notified of your policy that any door changing or leveling would be handled by the delivery personnel. And we tried to help by providing a 7-day delivery window. Lowe's local Customer Service called the morning (Sunday) they were scheduled to return to reverse the door and left a voice mail stating they’re “throwing in another washer hose for my leaking washer”. My wife called back and attempted to tell the customer service person the actual situation. The person (which would only provide his first name) WOULD NOT ALLOW my wife to speak. I could hear this in another room. Believing my wife was talked to in a disrespectful manner, I took over the phone call. Your service agent WOULD NOT ALLOW me to talk, finally after MULTIPLE “please let me talk” and then a direct demand, I was allowed to provide a list of the damage/complaints and ended the conversation with no apparent result. Later, a follow-up call was made and we were notified that a manager would call in 24 hours. A few hours beyond that period a manager at the Farmville, Virginia store responded asking about the leak!! Where is the leak! Again, we bought a refrigerator, not a washer. He made the customary apologies and asked my wife about the problems with the driver. Our answer was then, as it is now, they ignored the instructions, which damaged our house and a new refrigerator. My wife said he could call my husband if wanted. He did not want to and refused.
#1419566

Well, dryer went out, no response from Lowes about this complaint, So to Sears I go to a hometown store. Service was great, purchased item.

A quality Kenmore not a cheap Roper!

Seem like Lowes would care? Think before you shop, if the town or store does not support your values or service expectations "SHOP ELSE WHERE"!

No response to letter or calls. I will try the BBB, who knows maybe they will answer them. If they even care.

Went to home depot yesterday what a change in attitude of store employees, I can say it was a happy experience. Military Discount Yea!

No response to letter to store and Head Quarters. On to the CEO and BBB.

Consider never using Lowes as your box supplier. I will not even hire contractors' that use this store and the list grows!

It's always a good idea to make sure the appliances you buy will fit through your doors, especially if you have an old house with odd size doors. It's people like you that screw up the delivery schedule for everyone behind you.

@Anonymous

If the manufactures instructions were followed their would be no damage to the refrigerator. Now the added damage was not just sloppy and careless movers, but me screwing up, Make a internet search, a lot of customers screwing up, don't you think?

(XPO) I don't see how its the customers fault that service was not provided. But thinking a old houses is problem is also dumb! I can only believe that you have a horse in this complaint.

I hope Mr. Niblock see things different.

@Anonymous

It is ridiculous of you to blame a customer for damage caused to the home and purchased product during a Lowe's delivery. Lowe's is in the business of making home deliveries, and as a business, they have a responsibility to provide competent services with trained employees who are capable of navigating the most common of issues, such as size of entryway and product.

Only a true idiot would run a business that penalizes customers with horrible service if that customer does not anticipate a complication like this. Any good business understands that customers do not anticipate common complications as automatically as the experienced business does. Lowe's has encountered the issue thousands of times. Common sense would compel Lowe's to address such concerns with their customers ahead of time, especially since it is Lowe's who charges a significant delivery fee.

If the customer had to have all the knowledge and capability in the matter, then he wouldn't be paying Lowe's to do this for him!

There is an enormous malfunction in Lowe's selection and training of delivery workers, who DO represent the company, and need to have the sense to follow their own company's written instructions for responding to this kind of situation.

It is Lowe's responsibility to complete other deliveries in a timely manner, and anyone with basic thinking skills would devise a business plan that accomodates and anticipates a delivery complication.

Don't be the kind of fool who blames a previous customer on the schedule for the unprofessional planning and execution of services by the company who is PAID to do the job!

@PurpleTantrum

Um... Delivery is free on appliances at Lowes

doug49

Company please correspondence by email, phone conversation with them is part of the problems.

View more comments (8)
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Cust
  • Customer service
  • Delivery
Damaged or defective
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Richmond, Virginia - WHO KNOWS WERE THE ORDER IS OR WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON??

3.5

Update by user Jul 21, 2017

After repeated calls and emails. I finally got a call that the frig was on its way to my house.

But after I was told 3-4 different things. As big as a company this is you'd think they'd have a better system to know what going on with orders anytime along the process!

Original review posted by user Jul 19, 2017

I placed an order07/18/2017 Order #: 337343699 Invoice #: Order Total: $898.31 by calling and the rep was very pleasant. and she informed me that I would be receiving a call later that eve last night and I did not. the reason why I purchased this frig not just the price but my current is not working correctly and I needed the new one as to not loose all my food. So, I sit here on indefinite hold while the rep I called is doing who knows what?? this is really poor customer service. and I've spent plenty of money with your company. This really *** me off to no end!. That I'm told one thing and then I do not get what I was told. A VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER THEN I RECEIVED THIS FROM THEIR CUSTOMER CARE: Greetings David, I appreciate your email regarding the delivery status of order number 337343699. I apologize for any inconvenience. I checked my records and they say your order was delivered today. If you believe there to be any discrepancy, please let me know and I will do whatever possible to help resolve your order status. Optionally, I invite you to contact the store fulfilling the order at (804) 226-5440. They are there to help as well. If at any time you would like to call the Lowe's Corporate Customer Care/Sales Team, their phone number is 800-445-6937. They are available for help at your convenience, Monday - Saturday, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. (EST). I truly value you as our customer and sincerely appreciate you choosing Lowe's for your home improvement needs. If for any reason you require further assistance, please feel free to let me know by replying to this email and I will respond at the earliest possibility. Best regards, Mark O. Lowes Customer Care I wouldn't be contacting them if I had the product looking where it is now would I! Come on now REALLY!!WTF!!

I can help . Avoid buying from Lowes. The delivery people are hideous.

You ordered this unit online.

Online orders are not always up to date with inventory, and many times sell the display as valid inventory.

Which most people don't like.

There are literally 0 comments in your order. So I dont know how to further help you.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Cashier very nice and friendly
  • Going to the store
  • Variety and quality of plants
Cons
  • Delivery prblems
Tags
  • Refrigerator Delivery Lowes

Lowes in Chantilly, Virginia - Delivery cancelled the morning schedule!!

I get a call confirming delivery the night before. I have 3 workers scheduled to arrive after confirmation. I get a call two hours prior of delivery explaining that the ONLY driver is not coming in due to his wife having a baby. So, Lowe's has no backup plan at all? Only one driver! Not like everyone did not know she would have a baby after 9mnths.... I have zero issue with the new father... I'm angry that Lowe's has such poor management for delivery scheduling. Unbelievable that management did not have a contingency plan and all the deliveries depended on one truck driver. So this is where it really gets good. They rescheduled me for 8 days later. Wouldn't you think that they would do everything possible to make right for the customers impacted? I have had to speak to 3 different people to try to get it delivered earlier. Unbelievably unprofessional. Next time I'm buying from Home Depot.

If the volume of deliveries a store has only supports 1 driver it doesn't make economic sense to have 2 on the payroll. If the materials you were having delivered took 3 people to install I would assume there were a lot of materials that couldn't be handled by small courier. Unfortunately things in life happen and they aren't always convenient.

Lowes in Glen Allen, Virginia - *** Delivery and Poor Management

I ordered a freezer, fridge and cabinets. About $7K. Delivery company calls at 9:45 PM I was in bed at 9!!!! Window was 10:30-12:30. 1PM, the guys show. Fridge is put in place. Dented!!! I was told a manager from the delivery company and a manager from Lowes would call within an hour. Thirty minutes later, I get an automated call asking if I was happy, if not, press 2 and leave a message and a manger will call back within an hour. No one ever called. Finally I call Lowes and speak to three or four 'managers' Each one was clueless. Then the delivery company calls me and asks about my complaint of a damaged floor. *** Two days later, a new manager from Lowes calls, tells me they have no replacements on the East coast and did not know if there were any in the port in California. I check and see it is a disc. model now. I cancel the order and ask for them to take back the fridge. The freezer (a high end under counter one) was coming this week. I told them I wanted a early AM deliver and not to call confirming it so late at night. I get a call tonight, telling me the delivery will be tomorrow between 6 and 8....wait for it....PM!!!! WTF! All through this the various managers were telling me they did not do the delivery that they contract it and try to palm off the problem on the vendor. I did not hire the vendor, they did! I bought from Lowes, and was having Lowes deliver it. Very, very poor. I used to like Lowes, they often treated me very fairly but this fiasco is inexcusable. Looks to me like some bean counter is saving a penny only to lose a dollar. The demise of Lowe is on the horizon. Look at the number of complaints. Despicable.

After finally getting Lowes to take back the fridge, I had to call and ask them to credit my account. I continued to get 'delivery calls' from their vendor for the next three days about a non-existent 'scheduled delivery'.

I never heard back from Lowes nor have they made any effort to recompense me for my nightmare. They just do not care.

Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Delivery
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Richmond, Virginia - Broken promises

2.8
Sat I ordered a Bosch dishwasher from Lowe's with a promised delivery date of 11/28. I was told the install team would call today--11/14. When they didn't, I called them and was told they could not call until the dishwasher was delivered--on or after 11/28. Since it will probably take a week to set up, this means no dishwasher until 12/? I was told twice in the process that delivery would be 11/28--so I was lied to twice. Lousy customer service. Don't read the rest, am adding it only because this foolish site requires at least 100 words. words. words. words
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • That they are close
Cons
  • Broken promises--leaving me without a dishwasher
Tags
  • Broken Promise

Lowes - Delivery Service Review from Hampton, Virginia

3.0
I purchased a stove at my local Lowe's store. They told me that the stove was out of stock but was expected on the truck that very evening and delivery was set for they following day. At 0615 the following morning I get a call from Lowe's because the stove wasn't delivered as expected the evening prior, so the call was to inform me that I'd receive the stove on the following day. They agreed that the stove would be delivered as early as possible which was my request. I just received the automatic call from Lowe's giving me expected time the stove will be delivered tomorrow between 3:30-5:30pm. I'm very upset about this mainly because I feel customers service is lacking in a Hugh way. A stove is a necessary item!

As early as possible may have well been 3:30-5:30. Their trucks deliver into the evening.

You can't expect them to change all the deliveries they had already scheduled. It's unfortunate your stove wasn't delivered when originally scheduled but if the supplier doesn't get it there when it should have been there isn't much they can do, they don't build them in the back room.

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111
All Lowes Contacts

Lowes Reviews

Lowes reviews

Lowes in Reston, Virginia - Lied to me about buying a clarance item

I was lied to about, being able to pay for a stove on clarence and the delivery of the same. I was told you can not pay for a clarance item and pick it up later. When I went to get the item (1 day later) it was gone. I called customer service to find out that is not store policy at all. I spent over 2hrs on the phone with the very nice customer service rep., picking out another stove not even the quailty of the one I had seen , for 90.00 moor. It arrived scratched, I of course refused it. Never again Lowes.

Maybe you should have checked the clearance section. Clarance has nothing to do with the clearance items.