State: Virginia Product: Lowes Installation Clear all filters (7 of 211 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in Haysi, Virginia - Feed up !!ALL lies...

2.2
We had Lowe's put in our flooring ..In livening room,dinning room and hallway ...I have had to call them over 20 times ..They sent out two diff guys to fix the floor in over 5 months...still the flooring is not fixed and one guy cut *** in my kitchen floor the size of a dime...When I said something to him ,he said its not that bad ..What the heck ,It's my floor....Then he puts caulking over it .....I'm like what have you done ..he says he will cover it and no one will see it..REALLY !!! This is the kind of back wards work Lowes is ok with !!!!!!!??? Now I have called the main office and talked to the store mgn...NOTHING...Come on 5 months and only 2 times that store has called me ,with lies all lies ..we will send someone out to fix the floor..noone has fixed it in 5 months ... Time for a lawyer!
Lowes Installation
Pros
  • Friendliness of staff
Cons
  • Installers and installation
Loss
Price reduction
Tags
  • Lowe s Home Improvement

Lowes in Ridgeway, Virginia - Worker damaged vanity top and Lowe's won't do anything about it

We bought a bath sink from Lowe's and had them put it in. When the installer took out the old sink he cut our vanity top just about all the way around. The man said he didn't do it and that we bought a sink that was smaller than what we had and the cuts were already there. I thought that was why we paid $35 for someone to come and measure and tell us what we needed to buy. Now we have to look at all these cuts and my bathroom looks worse than before. Martinsville, Va Lowe's SUCKS!

Home Depot is worse than Lowes. Home Depot lets their employees get hit with merchandise, doesn't follow up on injuries starts out giving their employees hours then reduces them to only 10 hours a week.

If you need a job stay away from Home Depot. It's horrible to work for.

They will suck you dry. They work you and don't pay anything.

Lowes - Deck install in Salem VA

Please be aware to not use Lowes for Deck install. I started the process in October and as we go into January no deck. Lowes has lied over and over again and does not care that the work is not done despite the fact the have our money and charged us three months of interest on work not done. They have gone as far as to say materials were stolen from the worksite, when I asked about a police report the told me I would need to do that myself. I will not file a false police report for Lowes lies. Beware!!!
Lowes Installation
Cons
  • Deck install
Loss
Price reduction
1.4
I contracted with Lowes on 6/26/2014 for a kitchen redo. 100 + days later I still don't have the project finished. Lowes has been absolutely awful about this project. My advice to anyone considering using Lowes for any type of home improvement...RUN, Run as fast as...

Lowe’s screwed me too! I had a bathroom put in my basement, it took them 4 months!

They dug through the concrete to install pipes and never covered anything in my basement! I had dust from the concrete from one end to the other. They said they would hire a cleaning company & never did! Now, 3 years later, the concrete is caving into my pipes and clogged the showers drainage!

Never again! They suck!

View more comments
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • counters
  • wrong estimates

Legal Action against Lowes - A Real ‘Catch 22’!

Here’s the thing about Lowes installation contracts. It concerns ‘forced arbitration’. Meaning that if a dispute arises between you and Lowes as the result of a faulty installation, you could be out of a lot of money even if you choose to take them to arbitration which is your only recourse if informal mediation between you and the store that provided the service fails. First of all, you’ll need an attorney unless you want to want to ‘bring a knife to a gun fight’ because there’s a good chance that if faced with arbitration, Lowes will certainly bring out their ‘hired guns’. If the billable hours of your attorney begin at $305.00/hour, you’re then looking at well over $1,500.00 for at least 5 hours (minimum) to prepare for the hearing with dispositions, discovery and so on. Then there’s the expert witness that you’ll need to hire because again, Lowes will bring one or more of their best to the proceedings! So be sure to add another $2,000.00 (for each expert witness) to your legal fees. For example, If your claim against Lowes for totals around $3,000.00 and the arbitration panel finds for the plaintiff (that would be you) for the entire amount, you will have won nothing since you’re down another $500.00 for all your effort (that’s if you chose to include the testimony of at least one expert witness). Incidentally, if you read further into the fine print on the last few pages of your installation contract with Lowes, you’ll notice that you also have the option to bring them to ‘small claims’ court depending on the amount of your claim. However, if you choose to bring Lowes to small claims court, they will need to bring an attorney since Lowes is a major corporation and cannot send an ‘ordinary manager’ to represent them in court. The rules for the county in the state in which I reside prevents attorneys from representing their clients in small claims court. They would instead be referred to the next level, district court, where attorneys are allowed by both parties. And since the ‘fine print’ in Lowes’ contract for installation services precludes a consumer from suing Lowes in a general court of law, your only other recourse is ‘forced arbitration’. Hence, Lowes has ‘all the bases covered’. I found this out after I consulted an attorney who spent well over an hour with us for only $40.00 (we found through a legal-aid referral from our county Bar Association) and deciphered the cryptic legalese of my installation contract with Lowes. By the way, this is a fairly common legal tactic used by larger companies that have numerous complaints and wish to minimize their costs for litigation. The moral of this cautionary tale; if you’re considering using Lowes especially for a major renovation, and something goes wrong as a result of their installation, if you file a claim, and eventually go to arbitration (even with legal representation and expert witnesses to support your case), you may find the amount your recover will barely cover your legal costs and you will have won an worthless moral and hollow victory. And in my case, after all the grief I’ve suffered due to the incompetence of one of Lowes ‘highly skilled’ contractors, I’m not about to add insult to injury by giving these ‘bottom dwelling ***-suckers’ the satisfaction of knowing I’ll have spent even more money by pursuing them in arbitration. So it’s a given I’ll never recommend Lowes installation services to anyone nor will I ever set foot in another of their stores to spend a bloody dime as long as I am drawing a breath. But I also truly believe in ‘Karma’ (what goes around, comes around) so in one way or another, Lowes (including everyone from the store manager down to the contractor who had their grubby little hands on my project) will someday get theirs. And the most delicious part, it will be when they least expect it!

As a former Lowe's installer, I can say this post really isn't doing homeowner's any service. The reality is that Lowe's pays out of pocket to take care of so much stuff.

The installers often eat that cost, but customers are basically guaranteed satisfaction. In the rare instances they don't take this approach (pay out to make it go away), it's because there is literally no merit and it is obvious the customer is out to get free money. Anyone who works in construction, especially residential knows there is a lot of grey involved. Was that gutter damaged before we arrived?

Did that wall have that issue in that one corner of the house. There's literally so much to account for it results in a lot of grey. Therefore, it just comes down to good faith between the homeowner and the installer. We had to eat so much expense because customer's, who understandably don't understand the technical aspects of our trade, would complain and Lowe's just forced us to pay to make it go away.

I can't stress enough how much better off you are going with a larger company like Lowes. One, they will always be in business. Most service companies go out business after a few years. Two, they're such a large company, they just pay to make stuff go away.

Three, you're far more protected from a legal/insurance perspective.

This is probably the biggest advantage of Lowes or a bigger company than some small business. You're better off going with a large company, whether or not that's Lowes.

@Anonymous

first off, you clearly are a biased party, as you work for lowes. secondly, this post is 1,000% accurate as i am currently dealing with the same nonsense.

the writer of this post is correct, lowes does have all bases covered, very tactfully. Their contractors suck, and so do their products (specifically pella windows). They have total disregard to their customers and take months for a simple installation. Why?

because they know they can get away with it and still recover all their money. DUH

Your a liar. Simple.

My project started a month ago and was supposed to be done in a week. Lowes won't even talk to me. They broke a bunch of stuff in my house and covered it up. I got a freaking hole in my wall going outside, the contractor put a piece of tape over it and installed a cabinet to hide it.

Lowes said that was just fine, and that it is our problem. Contractor was never able to find the design plan, so he just "winged" it.

Nothing is up to code. Doors don't even open, and lowes said it was my problem.

Go through homeowners insurance: they fight Lowes: more than likely with a bigger stick!

Very informative

Day late and dollar short as I am in the middle of a Charlie Foxtrot with them right now. I wish I would have read this before I spent over $26,000 on a bathroom when I could have done a better job installing tile myself. Aside from being *** they are liars as well.

@Anonymous

$26,000 on a bathroom? You could have bought yourself a used Double-Wide trailer with that much money. Double-Wide to accommodate your Double-Wide Rear Posterior!

@Anonymous

I like my meals just like I like my womens................SUPER-SIZED! Women with a little bit more to love!

JUST HIRE SOME OF THE GENTLEMEN STAYING AT THE SALVATION ARMY TO DO YOUR PROJECT. THEY COULDN'T POSSIBLY DO A WORSE JOB THAN THE FOLKS AT LOWES WOULD!

Please understand that all of these problems are not unique to Lowe’s. All big box stores have the same arbitration clauses and have the arrangements with contractors.

It’s possible you may get a good contractor but it’s just the luck of the draw.

We always use local contractors that have good local reputations and you can talk to their customers. Yes, they charge more but in my view it’s well wort it.

I head problem with Lowes roof installers it did not pass inspection yet they refuse to fix it. They are an absolute disgrace don't do any business with Laws

this was extremly helpful. We have also been screwed by the Lowes installation team..

From their sales rep to the store manager. They are a disgusting company who we will never recommend or use ever again.

@Rebecca Orona

Screwed over here too!

A lesson learned. That "clause" is set up against the customer.

I wonder how many of us actually won against them.

Probably very few. Such is life today!

Hired lowes to install dishwasher. Their contractor cut and capped a water line inproperly and flooded my home costing me 40k in damages that I know of.

Please, stay away from lowes this is the 4th time in our area this has happened. Their managers are evasive and I would be sitting in black mold if I didn't call my home owners insurance.

I purchased doors to be installed in June and it's 02Oct, only 3 of the 8 have been partially installed. Never, ever again Lowes.

Absolutely horrible! Contractor is incompetent and dishonest!

The central production office at NC doesn’t care about customer and doesn’t return emails and calls. Stay away from Lowe’s at all cost!

Lowes is a horrible company. They do not stand behind the work of the contractors they hire.

The railing on my deck had been installed improperly and needs to be replaced. $1600 in material. Lowes offerd me a $50.00 gift card.

I told them that was not acceptable. I was told it has been escalated, however no return calls for 2 months.

I wish I had read this BEFORE hiring Lowe's to install my deck and fence. I am hating my life and Lowe's so bad right now.

OMG. Same here.

They installed 2 decks. Contractor nor Lowes rep reviewed city code and was installing against code.

So many other awful incidents occurred during installation. Also promised to remove labor charges then would not give it.

I will never go to Lowe's for future projects! I am going through it now.

Window installed over 2 months ago and still not settled. Lowe's and their contractors are dishonest and made up lies to cover their installation error and damage.

By any means take pictures before, during and after installation. Don't trust Lowe's.

I have had the identical experience with Lowes in Central Mass (Westborough location). Simple residing project that was suppose to take 2 weeks is now into 4 months and still no trim or siding on my house.

What I do have is the original siding on my house removed and for the last 3 months and 29 days I've had the framing of my house exposed to the elements.

Water coming into the house, birds nesting in the walls, Wasps everywhere...total nightmare and Lowes could care less, they just blame someone else. RUN FROM LOWES AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

I have one thing to say, "DON'T HIRE LOWES FOR ANY HOME IMPROVEMENT PROJECT". The worse experience in my whole life, and I'm 68 years old.

Save your money and sanity. I cannot I cannot believe how horrible this went - lies; incompetent contactors, pass the buck, no returned p phone calls, no returned emails, and switching materals we chose for cheap products. Who does this????

Lowes does. Stay away fro them

@Garry Davidson

Thanks for the head-up, Sir. I'll make sure that I never hire Lowes for any home improvement project.

Lowe's hired some *** floor installer for our tile. Now you trip over lippage and all the thin set coming through the grout.

Has been 1 1/2 years and finally go to arbitration in December, *** at Lowe's never explained the contract and used the wrong grout.

The contractor has never returned to complete the project. Would NEVER recommend Lowe's for anything, unless you want to be taken advantage of for life.

Lowes doesn't let you read all those fine print until you sign because you sign on page 3 and page 4-7 have all that stuff and they pull it away from you and say here now sign this one. And so on and that is how it goes.

And there Project Managers are trained in Smoke& Fire & Mirrors to keep you from realizing what is going down. And later on when you catch them they come up with all kinds of double talk andDon't remembers.

I am going through it now. Window install in Nov. 2017 and still not settled in July 2018.

About to begin this mediation/arbitration/court journey with them regarding installation of six Pella replacement windows . .

. wish me luck.

@Tina Barrett

can you contact me at my email tcollada@yahoo.comThank youTere

@Tina Barrett

Can you contact me at petrilla636@hotmail.com. I had Prlla Windows install. I am starting the process, but not getting anywhere.

@Tina Barrett

Can you email me as well. I had Pella windows installed by a lowes contractor and its been a nightmare looking to do the same tdion@comcast.net

@Tina Barrett

I’m about to still a case with Lowe’s about my Pella doors and windows. Please email me if you can.

Maybe we can work together to get through this mess. Smastro@msn.com

Reading this makes me so sad. I'm dealing with Lowes regarding the damage they did when installing the kitchen.

They want us to sign a certificate of release before they fix what they damaged when installing the cabinets.

There is no way we can't sign a release that we really don't know if they will fixed what they damage. The interesting is their mission to “Never Stop Improving.” They have caused a devastating burden to the construction of our home which has negatively impacted our personal and financial lives.Any suggestion?

Pretty sure we can file a class action suit.

Wow, me too!

@Alisa K

Me too

mE TOO!

Lets do it

Agreed!!!!!What a disappointment dealing with their great contractors!!!Can't install A fence correct the first time or the 2nd time and want a 3rd try!!And wont do anything to compensate us!!

What a great, and true, account of what is happening with lowes. I am having issues right now with installation of new exterior doors.

No one, including the executive customer service team, is helpful. I have moved all of my business to Home Depot. It is no wonder why HD stock is over $200, while lowes is at $99.18.

Lastly, you will notice that I cannot even bring myself to capitalize their name. I have so much disrespect for them, that I won't even recognize them with a capital letter.

I am going through this with a window install which they hired a licensed fence decking siding contractor. A disaster, it started in Dec.

2017 and has done around $60,000.00 in damages.

Seven months now and nothing. Not only do they have incompetent employees to handle your complaints they also have insurance agents that enjoy playing elementary school games with you.

I agree, we are going through it now.

Totally agree Do not use any box for large projects.

This comment reads like a long bitter diatribe from a teenaged girl who got dumped by her boyfriend OR a theoretical muckraking about an event which apparently never happened because if is laced with "if...then" - fantasy and fiction, not real. And I don't care for your vulgarity.

Not sure CSLB would handle cases of arbitration against Lowe's but its seems if a licence contractor did the work you would have that recourse of CSLB. Its a timely process but CSLB paid for my expert witness and all the arbitration cost.

I represented myself but was very prepared.

It was only against a Private Contractor and no attorneys were involved. I did win the case and the decision is final and contractor license was suspended until I was paid in full.

Too late to read this!

Agreed. We had a poor quality installation of flooring (wood) Lowes (sub-contractor Keller Interior).

We later found NWFA.org.

In Florida, Lowes sub-contract with Keller Interiors. The report we got back from NWFA.org was that it was a "amateur" job.

Yes, do read the contract as they will limit you (small claim in FL is max at $5K).

Avoid Lowes and Keller and seek true professionals; may cost a little more, but you avoid the HEADACHES.

Hasini
#1392006

All true, but please be aware that all the 'big box stores' do the same thing. You are always better off dealing with specialty shops, and even with them, do your homework.

It usually costs more but it's worth it. We have been happy with work done by specialty professional companies and would not consider using a big box company.

Lowes is no worse than the others.

We buy products from them but never services, unless it's just to deliver something to our driveway. Even that can be screwed up but not as often or as easily.

I’m not sure what you discussed with an attorney but according to the contract Lowes cannot use an attorney. Arbitration isn’t mandatory, it’s an option including small claims court.

I do agree that they would probably not send a random employee. However if you legally serve someone and they do not appear, then they forgo representation. I’m sure they have legal experts that are t lawyers to ensure they don’t lose.

If you win a case in small claims court you can recoup the costs associated with filing and presenting your claim not to exceed the limit of small claims court. I hope this helps.

@Anonymous

I'm needing to get a roof installed..was considering hiring Lowe's.. however I'm having a issue with paying them up front(100%) to me that doesn't seem right..

I was told that by the representative who initially came out..

duh! Thanks

No dont do it

@Janice

Big box stores always require payment up front. Your are better off hiring a roofing contractor directly, you will save money.

If you have a roof done through Lowes or Home Depot they will hire a local roofing company to do the job and tack on a nice profit for doing it. It is not their employees that will be working on your house.

@Janice

Do nit use Lowes for your roof install!!! I paid $8500 for a new roof that leaks and they won't fix it.

TERRIBLE, UNSKILLED WORKERS, MAY NOT EVEN BE LICENSED

Tried calling Lowe's corporate in North Carolina. All they do is take the information and contact the store which is the reason for the call to corporate. Customer service is not a priority to them!

@Anonymous

So glad I read all these negative reviews. Was going to install office cabinets thru lowes, but not now!!!!!

Take your business elsewhere and pay more if you have to so you will not end up dealing with the nightmare Lowe's will put you through AFTER they get your money. I am now watchful of any company that has a long contract about not being sued and going to arbitration.

If a company has to do that and wants you to sign it AFTER they get your money...they don't care about you and customer service. It's ALL ABOUT THEM. If you want doors, find a door company.

If you want flooring, go to a flooring company. A one stop shop is nice until they *** over!

They are horrible. DO NOT USE THEM!!

I have had problems with Lows. They are very slow on big projects.

Plus some if their subcontractor are terrible, they make a lot of mistakes.

Such unable to install simple things, also they have the nerve to ask me for help on some parts of project and I paid over 10 grand. Never again will go with Lows

Do not use Lowes for carpet installation. Worst experience ever.

I have never encountered so many unprofessional people.

We have spent thousands and thousands in their store and when we have a legitimate problem they are arrogant jerks. They won't get another penny from us.

The Lowes delivery guy came and put my dryer it but he stole my iPhone charger in the washroom also broke my solar outside stole my tools and Lowes is not doing anything about it

Please stay away. Lowes uses bully tactics.

I am out 150k on a botched job.

Do not use Lowes ever for contracting.

Lowes botched my Mother's bathroom remodel. The project began in July 2016, since then they installed incorrect cabinets (twice), counter top, closet mirrors (twice), and shower door (twice).

Their store management is incapable and not interested in finding a timely fix.

My recommendation is to avoid Lowes at all costs - they are inept. Avoid the nightmare that is common place with Lowes and shop somewhere else.

@Brian

Whoops, project began July of 2015 and still ongoing January 2016. Lowes should be shut down.

@Brian

OMG, sounds like the same bathroom reno nightmare we are experiencing with Lowe's in LaPlata, MD! Worst experience EVER!

What was supposed to be a 6-8 week job turned into a year long nightmare!

I wouldn't buy a bathroom plunger from Lowe's EVER in life!

BTW, for the record and curious ‘Scrabble’ aficionados who happen to also follow this blog, the item that was erroneously deleted from my post with *asterisks* was simply a harmless but very descriptive four letter term that began with ‘S’ ended with ‘M’ and rhymed with ‘***’!

'rum'!

View more comments (66)

Lowes -Bad Rug Purchase

We purchased a berber rug March 2011 that was advertised for HIGH TRAFFIC AREA. The area which it was installed is NOT a high traffic, a media room which is hardly used. It is fraying at the seems,has pulls and looks worn.We contacted Lowes and got the run around,they sent an inspector who alluded that we could hire him for a favorable review on our behalf. The manufacturer states they rug is fine based on this inspectors report. Lowe's will not stand behind the product. The store manager, Laurie Creek has not been helpful or apologetic. The warranty is not on the rug but on the installation which is not disclosed at time of purchase. We have a six months old rug that looks 10yrs old. I never expected this from Lowe's

Share a bit more, please. The inspector would have worked for a contracting service via the manufacturer.

He sounds like a theif - report him and he'll get fired. As to the seams and pulls, what is the scenario with that room? If there are pets (claws), moving of very heavy furniture or electric wheelchairs involved, you don't have a leg to stand on.

Your installer (Lowe's) warrants the installation, the carpet manufacturer warrants the product. That being said, unless there are other issues that aren't revealed here, then keep pushing.

Lowes in Spotsylvania, Virginia - Blinds

Awful service, Very unorganized. I ordered Blinds from this store paid in full for installation, on the day of installation which I took the afternoon off they call me with 1 hour delay saying they forgot to order brackets, another 2 weeks pass by and I recieve the brackets but when I call they say they don't have anybody available for installation. I would never go back to this store. They don't have anyone helping you withe the issue they are responsible for. They just pass you off to eachother on the phone.I hate LOWES and will never shop from their store.

You should call Lowes Customer Care. They make sure that these type of issues get resolved, and they are really appreciative of any feedback from customers. 1-800-44LOWES (1-800-445-6937).

Contact Lowes Customer Service