State: Virginia Product: Lowes Manager Clear all filters (15 of 297 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Resolved: Lowes in Fredericksburg, Virginia - Spotsylvania Lowe’s

3.2
Thank you Dave. The Delivery Manager at the Spotsylvania Lowe’s for being such a jerk for the second time. You need to work on your customer service skills because you suck at them. You need training.I spoke to you twice on my deliveries, and the the way you spoke to me was so unprofessional. I tried to give those the benefit of the doubt when I bought a refrigerator for $1500 and it was damaged and I spoke to you and you just dismiss everything that I was trying to explain to you and was just extremely rude. I was able to speak to Bryce to handle this situation with I tried to give the is the benefit of the doubt when I bought a refrigerator for $1500 and it was damaged and I spoke to you and you just dismissed everything I was explaining to you. I try to give Lowes the benefit of the doubt and bought us though but a microwave for $1200 in the world. I spoke to you again you were extremely extremely rude about the situation. You do not need to be a manager at all.

Is that anywhere near Transylvania?

Sean W

Call Lowe's corporate...Customer Care at 1 800 445-6937 and let them know about you experience with Dave. I would also notify the store manger and regional manager.

To get to the store manager just call the store.

To get the regional manager ask for name from Customer Care at 1 800 445-6937 and also complain to them about your experience. #Let them feel the pain!

What are you trying to say?

View more comments (2)
Resolved

Lowes - Manager Review

4.5
Was riding into the store parking lot today and there were about 6 manager type employees walking right down the middle of the road in the parking lot like no one else mattered. I was on my motorcycle on my side of the road and no body moved!. they just kept walkin!. There was a guy and a girl that got real close to my bike like they owned the place. I am a local customer and go there all the time. Couldn't wat for the store to open and now I don';t really care for many reasons. This happened today at 4:30pm. Must have had a meeting about that store. Anyway, somebody needs to pay attention

Most big retailers are this way unfortunately. Walmart is the worst.

I've had mornings when i couldn't get in the door because employees coming to work were walking so slow and blocking the entire door way. It has to do with the mindset of the majority of retail employees that they are entitled to a job and the paycheck that comes with it.

They don't give a {{redacted}}*** for the customers. Unfortunately this will continue as long as millions of people flock to them every day.

@Anonymous

Yes, that’s the way it is. In order the keep the prices cheap, which we Americans love so much, they have to cut hire cheap labor.

Half of the employees lack social skills and common manners. Although, most of the customers are downright rude, disrespectful and sometimes vulgar.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Manager
Pros
  • There were a lot of employees standing around
Cons
  • Tend not to have what i need
Reason of review
managers/ employees walking down the middle of the road!
  • management
  • Isolated Incident

Lowes - Lowe's Manassas

Noor Khan - Appliances Manager -- is a liar and a cheat. He quotes false prices over the phone to lure people into the store. Do not deal with this store or this employee. I have talked to other patrons of this store and they also agree that Mr. Khan will lie and cheat to customers over the phone simply to get them to come in and then he will change the pricing. He is also horrible at scheduling delivery times and simply doesn't care about the consumer.
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Noor khan

Lowes in Virginia Beach, Virginia - Racist Managers

3.5
Worked at Lowes in Hampton Virginia. Many racists people at this store. I was treated very due to race. And the management knows all this is going on and does nothing if anything they engage int he racism from the delivery *** Manager Fred to another manager named Glen. I advise African Americans DO NO T WORK HERE. You will be degraded and treated highly unfair. Feel free to ask any African American there in private and I'm sure they will spill their guts. very racist. Unfair. And they will to anything to get rid of people who stand up for themselves
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Racism
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Stopped black driver from delivering to a racist customer in Danville, Va

I will never buy from Lowes again because you give in to racist customers -- you are a low life company when you give in to some racist ***--this is one of the sickest things I have heard of a company doing ----anyone involved in this tragedy should be hung in public so that this kind of low life *** is stopped for good -- shame on you Lowes for such low character----what are going to do ab out the manager involved -- give him a raise or fire him --probably you will do nothing since you have a very low rating on the fairness to your black employees.. You had better turn this around as soon as possible or loose everything!
#1020095

No win situation. If the original driver goes anyway and it gets ugly at delivery then mgmt.

would be disciplined for sending him when customer requested not to.

Damned if the do and damned if they don't.

#1019721

Every member of management at the store that had anything to do with replacing the driver was fired.

You are correct that this is despicable. Just an fyi three employees were fired from Lowe's for doing this.

The BIG problem is the piece of *** that made the request in the first place. That's the person that should be bearing the brunt of your anger.

View more comments (2)
Review
#681954 Review #681954 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Giving to racist customers
Reason of review
being racist to black driver
  • The Delivery

Lowes in Colonial Heights, Virginia - No help with Customer Service

I had the worst experience. I waited in customer service line, for over 30 minutes. I still wasn't able to return my item. I had my receipt, and orignal package. I had to go around the store to find an employee to help the customers, in customer service dept. I ask to see a Manager. Employee told me management was busy. The funny thing is, I just bought the item 1 hour before hand. There was no wait time to take my money, for item. After a 40 minute wait. I went home, and called the 1800 number to complain. They told me on the phone that a manager would call me about the problem. They Never called at all. Another example, of your great customer Service. I will never shop at your store again. For as my return. If I can't get someone else to return, my item for me. Then I will just have to, keep the defective Item. I bought from your Store, In Price George, VA 23875

That's what happens when they want to run a skeleton crew

Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Staff help
  • Lack of response
Full refund
  • Light Bulb

Lowes - Manager Review from Radford, Virginia

Refrigerator not delivered as scheduled. I purchased new frig 12/01 on line thru store #437 in Lynchburg, Va. I live in Radford, Va and have rental home in Bedford County -75 mile drive. Requested delivery on 12/06 @ rental home in Bedford County. Was told delivery would be 10:30am - 12:30pm. On 12/06 I drove to Bedford home and waited. At @ 12:45pm I called asking about delivery. Was told they were running ~2 hrs behind. I called again @3:45 no delivery. I was told they left message with driver. Never received a call. At 4:30 I called again. Was told they left message. Never received a call. At 5:30 I called again. They connected me with a manager. He said would check and get back. He did call me back at 5:45pm and said they had over booked deliveries for the day and would not be delivering a frig to me on 12/06. I am furious. I told the manager I expect some compensation for my wasted day. I was also planning to attend a funeral on 12/06 but did not waiting on this delivery. We will see what happens. Customer satisfaction = Pitiful. I am expecting a big credit reduction on this refrigerator. Barry Nichols 1-540-480-0646

good luck ***

Problem with delivery

Lowes in Suffolk, Virginia - Did not notify me

I went to Lowe's in Emporia three times to buy roofing shigles for my house in a two week period. No manager or saleperson said anything about the tax break card, if you send over $500.00 dollar until I made my last purchase for the shigles at the end. I bought $800.00 dollars of shigles first, then when back and bought $300.00 dollars , and last I bought the third time $85.00 dollars of shingles and the sales told me there was a tax break card you could have put the money on and got 10% back.

All you have to do is go in with all your receipts have them refund/rebill onto the tax credit card. Im 99% percent sure that they will do that for you, how ever they do have this card advertised on tv, in ads and they have a display right by the front entrance. U have to look at this way the average store has 500 customers per day, is it really reasonable to ask every single to purchase the tax credit gift card?

Make sure you wipe front to back, look both ways before crossing the street and don't use the toaster in the bath tub. Just in case nobody else told you those things either. Dumb ***

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Alexandria, Virginia - Water Ace

17 Sept. 2009 Water Ace Pump Company1101 Myers ParkwayAshland, Ohio 44805-19691-800-942-3343www.waterace.com Lowe's Home Centers, Inc.1520 Rt. 38, Bldg. 10Lumberton, NJ 08048609-518-7680www.lowes.com/feedback Store Code: 15750-91509-18734 To whom it may concern: On Saturday 19 Jan. 2008 I went to Lowe's Mt Holly, NJ & bought a Water Ace Model R5V ½ HP Sump Pump with a 5-year warranty.On Saturday 12 Sep.2009 I returned home @ 2300 hrs to find my basement flooded. The sump pump stopped working.On Sunday 13 Sep. 2009, I returned to Lowe's to get another pump and bought a Water Ace Model R50VLT. I woke up Sunday Morning 12 hours after installing this pump only to find the basement flooded again. I checked the float and manually lowered it and then left it rise to the switch and the pump started pumping once again. I watched it do this for 5 consecutive 15-second cycles and then the 6th time the pump clicked in as before & ran, but would not pump out the water. (Also noted was a stream of water exiting the pump near the outlet. It looked like a hairline crack in the housing.) I went though the manual resetting the float again & the pump did the same thing. I laid on the wet floor for about 2 hours doing this over and over to lower the water table. I had to repeat this several more times during the day & into the evening to keep the basement free from water.While on break at work I called Water Ace & talked with a gentleman named Ron & he said I should return both pumps to Lowe's and gave me # 200-801 for the R5V pump. When I got home from work on Monday 14 Sept. 2009, it was flooded again. I repeated the manually lowering and raising the float to get it started and then it worked once again for a few cycles & then just turned on without pumping any water as it has been doing since Sunday.On Tuesday 15 Sept 2009 I went to Lowe's with both pumps but I Didi't have the receipt for the R5V pump with me as it was at home with my income tax file. (With all the water coming into the basement, I didn't take time to search for the receipt as in the past Lowe's was able to find my purchase on their computer.) I gave them the date and Model number but they said that they could not find it in the system as the SKU changed. The Zone Manager Josh would not give me his last name as I said that I would be in contact with Lowe's Corporate office. I exchanged the R50VLT pump & went back home.Walked through the now flooded basement again and installed the R50VLT pump. Turned it on and it started pumping right away. After about 10 minutes the water was back in the sump pump well and it shut off until it filled up and it kicked back on. This happened for about 7 times and then it turned on & failed to pump the water until I manually lowered the float and raised it in order for the pump to start pumping again.This went through the 15-second cycles for about seven times and then stopped again.Also to be noted here that the pump would actually sound like it was pumping water after the 7th cycle, but only was circulating water in the pump well with some exiting the anti air lock port. This continual running with adds to my electric bill for the last 5 days. It was at this time that the thought came to me to check the box to see where this pump was manufactured. When I read Made in China, I really got ticked off! I'm sick and tired of having so many things made in China. I would not have bought this pump to start with had I checked where it was made, but for the fact that I was in Lowe's & needed a pump right away. I want you to know that I lost a lot of our things in the basement because of the pump failure; lost a lot of hours changing out the pumps & trying to get them to work properly; time in traveling back & forth to Lowe's as well as money spent on gas for my car. Now I know that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to change a sump pump. It is just a matter of connecting a hose & plugging in. However I do want you to know a little about me.I served 20 years active U.S. Air Force & 10 years Inactive Reserve as a Jet Engine Technician & later as a C-141 Starlifter Aircraft Flight Engineer, Also ram my own Home Improvement business for a few years and I'm a Real Estate Investor with a few properties that I maintain. I'm also employed on Fort Dix, NJ as part of the ISO 9000 Quality Team, working with the Electronic Shop; Weapon Shop & the Vehicle Maintenance Shops for the vehicles used in training and deploying with the Army, Air Force and Navy. Needless to say, I'm very familiar with all kinds of pumps and switches.With that I can only say that the Water Ace Pumps are of poor quality. I would suggest that you get rid of this Chinese made junk and BUY AMERICAN!

I'm with you, buddy. If we made steel in this country again we wouldn't have to buy Chinese junk.

I'm tired of everything being made cheaply to last just until the warranty expires. cBusinesses only listen when you speak with your dollar.

Check all labels and if it isn't made in USA (or in the case of my favorite hair product, MoraccanOil, made in Israel), don't buy it.

AMEN

had to manually lift the float everytime we had a hard rain. basement constantly flooding.

no info on how to get warranty lowes does not carry this item anymore. Would not have purchased this item with what I know now. We purchased this thinking we were getting one of the higher quality pumps so we didnt have to deal with this kind of stuff.

opps.. lost my drumset.

I purchased a house in the summer of 2012 which came with a Waterace R3S, a 1/3 HP sump with a tethered float. The pump worked fine through fall and winter when it have a small work load. But come spring things started to turn bad. Knowing that there would be a lot of water coming in to my pit I checked the pump, watched it cycle 4-5 times and came to the conclusion that the pump was up to the task of the upcoming spring thaw.

During my inspection I noticed that the float for my backup, water operated pump (operated by municipal water pressure in the case of a power outage or mechanical failure of your primary pump) was getting caught up on the side because of a missing bracket which is meant to hold it vertical. Stupidly I shut the ball valve going to the back up because I did not want it to get caught and let the water run constantly. I have caught this little pump running before, the float caught on the side. I simply just moved the float back into position not really giving much thought to it. If i had taken the time to think about it I would have realized that this float is set when the waterline reaches 1"-2" above that which the Waterace pump is set. Which means the Waterace didn't turn on when it as suppose to.

I mention to my wife how it would suck to have a flooded basement and how the pump was working good. The next day, after my inspection and ironic statement to my wife I go down to a flooded basement. I immediately turn the little back up pump on, cursing my stupidity for shutting it off. Move everything that was or could be water damaged and begin to try to get the pump running. My immediate thought was that it was a the float switch, I begin to take the pump apart to see how difficult it would be to replace the float switch. I get 2 of the 6 screws out and in a moment of frustration I plug it in, praying to the pump god's that it works. I lift the float, and the *** turns on. As fast as I can I replace the screws and put the pump back home, as the water is not lowering, the poor little water powered pump isn't built to move that amount of water. The Waterace turns on and finally the pit and surrounding water is pumped out and I can begin my clean up of the the basement.

Luckily my basement is only partially finished and I did catch it before it was too bad. The pump pit does happened to be placed in the one room that is drywalled and has laminate flooring. Looking back the damage could have been a lot worse.

Forward two days later, Easter sunday. I could have bought a new pump yesterday, everything was open, do I? No. Instead a figure I keep a close eye on it and see if it happens again. Sunday morning I go down and my little water powered pump is running, meaning one thing, the waterline rose past that of the Waterace pump. I hit the float for the Waterace, nothing. After cursing Waterace and thanking my little water powered pump I remove the pump again. The Waterace is hot, so much that there is a small amount of steam coming from it. Thats when it dawns on me, the pump is equipped with a thermal overload! The pump has been overheating, tripping this switch. It has been working hard, the snow is melting quick. Regardless, if this pump is equipped with a overload, and no manual reset, it should cool down and automatically reset itself. The pump has not been doing this. I wait 15-20 minutes, which I conclude is sufficient amount of time to let the pump cool down, plug it in and the pump turns on.

So, it seems that the pump is overheating tripping the switch, awesome feature if it worked. But it doesn't reset unless I interrupt the power going to it.

Good luck getting any useful information from Waterace.com, it looks like a website I made for a project in grade 8. I was going to contact them by email, but their email is down. From "Terry's" post on this thread on June 09, 2012, it seems that there email has been down for 9 months. Seems kind of fishy to me. So I will wait until Easter is over to call this exceedingly, amateur looking company.

Moral of the story. Don't shut off your back up pump. The Waterace pump will take advantage of your lapse in judgement and you will be vacuuming up water off your basement floor.

I will be purchasing another pump, from another company that doesn't look like they are running it out of their mothers basement.

All big box store sell the same thing Jst they put there name on claim it's better warranty ect.... They play us all as fools while the top players get the goodies comsumer gets screwd how much do u think they payed for the pump?

Probry 1/4 wht we pay .. Oh ya they all want to help us hahahah help us spend more

Re: Water Ace R50VLT purchased at Lowes and installed 2 years ago. Now the pump switch is DOA.

Luckily I heard the pump running non stop. Called customer Service who said send it back for a new one. The Phipps Hex Screw securing the switch to the pump has to be drilled out because it's a piece of ***. I am in healthcare and imagine if *** screws were used to fix bone fractures.

Are we that money hungry and unethical that we sell *** to Americans? (of course we all know the answer). So far trying to get this screw out has wasted an entire day. No sockets fit and I wonder if they do this on purpose.

When I get a new switch will this happen two years from now or will the pump fail? I will never buy another Water Ace pump again.

I'll go to a proper plumbing place and check customer reviews first. :cry

I'm trying to get parts for a RC10. I can't even get into the WEB site to contact Water Ace.

Their Email is down. After reading all the complaints, I think I'll trash the pump and get another from a company with a better product line mainteance record.

Try a pump that is made in the U.S.A. like Zoeller. www.zoeller.com

I have a water ace R15L lawn sprinkler pump. It has worked great for the last ten years since new.

The poor guy finally retired this week after many years of fine service. Wish I could find another one locally just like it. It owes me nothing.

Was just great! :)

The water ace I have will work fine, but will not shut off after repeated cycles....I will be switching brands, and stores this round.

I had the same problem with the sump pump.

just survived Hurricane/Tropical Storm Irene. Only due to the fact i checked the sump pump before going to bed.

the float was up, but did not turn on the pump. i manually pushed it up and down and it turned on.

Spent 3 hours thru the nite making sure it didnt stop again. going to Lowes to replace with something better.

I have, scratch that, HAD, a Water Ace R5V, 1/2 hp sump pump. It went out less than 2 years after purchase.

This also advertised a 5 Year Warranty, which at the time, made me feel better about spending less on the pump. I also had to lift the switch manualy several times, wiggling it back and forth, up and down, to get the water level down. Once down again, I took off to get a new one. Thank God it happened 2 weeks before our area received the, now news worthy, flooding.

If it had gone out the 1st night the water started to rise, we would have lost everything in our basement.

AVOID WATER ACE PUMPS. You may save 50 bucks at the store, but think of the hours your going to spend cleaning up your flooded basement.

30 years of commercial, industrial, and residence Plumbing, design, fab, install and lots, of repairs. I have learned a lot and it gets more interesting as time goes on but what gets me, no actually hurts is to American's demand and buy the cheapest of merchandise, than complain about the quality?

Why is it we buy *** from Asia and pay the billions of import and shipping costs and wonder why industry has moved? ETHICS.

Only one thing gets the economy up and moving, ......spending. I hate my lg phone and all the other *** coming out of that child labor country, they are going to cash us in soon.

Dont know if first comment went thru. The waterace never worked out of the box. Good quality hope Lowes will take back unit as its out of warranty.

R50VLT with the same switch problem. Pump works finebut wont shut off. Lowes is taking the old one back and replacing it.

I hate the Water Ace Pumps - it malfunctions , the floating switch does not work and I just had it cos my basement has been flooded many times now.Finally today I had - I want to let the world know that their pumps really suck big time.

I have a water ace R50vlt which also died. Actually the float switch controller stopped working.

The motor works if I plug it directly without the second plug. of course that is no good since it will run continuously. Water Ace advertises it with a lifetime warranty. When I called them there response was oh that is not a material defect.

we cannot repair it.... Glad to see that lowes in no longer carrying their trash. Just bought a Zoeller pump online. Alot of on line sites with good prices.

The recent rain we had in the Boston area caused a shortage of pumps everywhere. now I have to keep a spare on hand just in case.

I Bought a water ace sump pump R5V 5year warranty from lowes on 7-17-08 2year and 4 months later went out.I went to lowes they said,sorry we replaced that product with FLOTECH sump pump...SO much for warranty,any help, advise please email;delatte@spillwaycable.com THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!

Lowes ***' sucks!!!

Lowes has the most liberal return policy in the retail industry. I've also had to return a pump to them but had my reciept and had no issue. BUT I do agree we've sold our souls to the devil with the Chinese junk we are buying today.

View more comments (22)

All Lowes Contacts

Lowes Reviews

Lowes reviews

Lowes in Manassas, Virginia - Very rude manager

ei was a customer at lowes store number 397 and i was at the customer service desk askin questions on an item and some concerns i had with that item.a manager and i use that term loosely was callled to the front,only after checking his cell phone did he fine the time to come out and speak with me he was the admin mngr wayne.he only addressed the situation breifly seemd botherd by my and did not look the slight bit interrested in getting me the customer service i deserved.he actually walked away while i was in mid sentence.i dont see how this company can have someone like that working for them.when i asked other associates at your store i was informed i was not the first one to complain and even if i sent this nothing would be done..i hope that is not true...its a sad day when young teens have more respect than someone who is expected to be a professinal.please do not let this go unnoticed for when i return i hope to see that very rude man GONE!!!!

lowes 397 has never had a wayne as a manager

The thing that you all do not realize is not only are the managers rude to the customers ( i once witnessed one call a customer a f'in dumba** and she is still a manager there) but they treat their employees like *** too. So, not only do the employees face abuse from the management but the customers also.

#1201663
@knowshowit is

this of course is nonsense, If it were true the manager would not be working at this or ant other lowes.You people allow anyone to comment .I am thankful I too can comment on this absurd knuckelhead

The phone the manager had...are you sure it wasn't a "Store Phone" and not his cell phone? They do have portable phones.

You never really stated what the item was you were looking for Item # Model # name of product...so how do we know you are sincere? What if you just have a problem with the individual?

:) gues wht u *** ppl u will alway come back to lowes hated or not you will you need lowes and say no. and wht ul go to home depot guess wht thy wil f u up at one point

Tell him about it @ lowesceo.com

View more comments (5)