State: Virginia Clear all filters (144 of 4889 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes in Virginia Beach, Virginia - Troy-Bilt FLEX & Lowe's No Return Policy.

I bought the Troy-Bilt FLEX power base and mower attachment. It wasn't in stock and it took them more than 30 days to deliver the darn thing. First time I used it, it got slower and slower when I would pull the throttle, to the point where it is entirely pushed by me...that was the first time I used it & I have less than 3/4 of an acre to mow. Second time I used it, the PTO got stuck engaged and would not disengage - something snapped in there, it spins freely even though the cable is stuck in the engaged position...I can't use the thing anymore, it's now worthless. Lowe's wont take it back and Troy Bilt won't authorize the return, they want me to let someone at Lowe's fix it. Last outdoor power equipment purchase I make from lowe's. By the way - this is a $1,400 mower setup, used it twice & now I'm back to my old push mower that I bought in 2006.

Why is it worthless? There is a manufacture warranty that covers the repairs for DEFECTS in the product.

Just like a new car warranty. They will repair your car if something goes wrong.

They won't give you a refund or replace it. If you did something like failing to put oil in it or used stale gas, expect to be charged as that is not a defect in the product.

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Fredericksburg, Virginia - Spotsylvania Lowe’s

3.2
Thank you Dave. The Delivery Manager at the Spotsylvania Lowe’s for being such a jerk for the second time. You need to work on your customer service skills because you suck at them. You need training.I spoke to you twice on my deliveries, and the the way you spoke to me was so unprofessional. I tried to give those the benefit of the doubt when I bought a refrigerator for $1500 and it was damaged and I spoke to you and you just dismiss everything that I was trying to explain to you and was just extremely rude. I was able to speak to Bryce to handle this situation with I tried to give the is the benefit of the doubt when I bought a refrigerator for $1500 and it was damaged and I spoke to you and you just dismissed everything I was explaining to you. I try to give Lowes the benefit of the doubt and bought us though but a microwave for $1200 in the world. I spoke to you again you were extremely extremely rude about the situation. You do not need to be a manager at all.

Is that anywhere near Transylvania?

TroubledGiantClam852

Call Lowe's corporate...Customer Care at 1 800 445-6937 and let them know about you experience with Dave. I would also notify the store manger and regional manager.

To get to the store manager just call the store.

To get the regional manager ask for name from Customer Care at 1 800 445-6937 and also complain to them about your experience. #Let them feel the pain!

What are you trying to say?

View more comments (2)
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Roanoke, Virginia - TOOK TWO (2) MONTHS TO RECEIVE STOVE COOKTOP

NOTE: DURING THE TIME FRAME BELOW WE SPOKE WITH THREE APPLIANCE DEPARTMENT EMPLOYEES, TWO LOWE’S MANAGERS AND ALSO THE MANAGER OF THE APPLIANCE DEPARTMENT: ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ WE ORDERED A STOVE COOKTOP AT LOWE'S IN SALEM, VA ON AUGUST 31ST AND WE FINALLY RECEIVED IT IN OUR HOME ON OCTOBER 15TH. IT WAS SUPPOSE TO ARRIVE WITHIN TWO WEEKS AND IT ENDED UP TAKING EIGHT WEEKS TO ARRIVE AT THE LOWE'S STORE IN SALEM, VA. AFTER WAITING FOR EIGHT (8) WEEKS WE FINALLY RECEIVED IT IN OUR HOME. WE PAID FOR INSTALLATION AND LOWE'S DROPPED IT OFF AT OUR HOME AND SAID SOMEONE WILL CALL YOU TO INSTALL IT. I DO HAVE TO SAY A VERY NICE GUY CAME THE NEXT MORNING (HE WAS CONTRACTED OUT BY LOWE'S) AND INSTALLED OUR COOKTOP. WE HAVE BEEN A FAITHFUL CUSTOMER OF LOWE'S FOR 30+ YEARS, BUT WE WILL NEVER SHOP AT LOWE'S AGAIN. WE WILL TAKE OUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE AND I'M SURE GET OUR MERCHANDISE IN A TIMELY MANNER.

You would have probably had the same problem anywhere you went. Cooktops aren't the fastest selling appliance and are usually ordered from the manufacturer.

If they are in stock in the manufacturers warehouse you will have delivery within two weeks. The manufacturers are extremely poor about letting stores know if they are out of stock, The store knows when the truck shows up and the appliance is backordered. If it is backordered they have to wait for more to be manufactured. If you are looking at one of the big Korean manufacturers you have to add another 3-4 weeks for it to get to the US on a boat and another week to get from their docks to the warehouse.

Until it finally arrives on the truck the store has little way of knowing exactly when it will arrive.

It's just as frustrating for the salespeople having to listen to customers complain as it is for the customers. If you need an appliance in a timely manner only purchase items that are in stock at the store.

Lowes Delivery Service
Order processing issue

NEVER to contract LOWES for door installation

This is the Chantilly Door Instalation. They lied about measurement date and then I went to make the purchase since I previously told the store that already had the measurements. They did the actually measurements three weeks after and a month has passed. They never call even to schedule the installation date. For the simplest door instalation project, it may take you two months or longer to compete. That is just mind blowing!
Lowes Door Installation

Lowes - Manager Review

4.5
Was riding into the store parking lot today and there were about 6 manager type employees walking right down the middle of the road in the parking lot like no one else mattered. I was on my motorcycle on my side of the road and no body moved!. they just kept walkin!. There was a guy and a girl that got real close to my bike like they owned the place. I am a local customer and go there all the time. Couldn't wat for the store to open and now I don';t really care for many reasons. This happened today at 4:30pm. Must have had a meeting about that store. Anyway, somebody needs to pay attention

Most big retailers are this way unfortunately. Walmart is the worst.

I've had mornings when i couldn't get in the door because employees coming to work were walking so slow and blocking the entire door way. It has to do with the mindset of the majority of retail employees that they are entitled to a job and the paycheck that comes with it.

They don't give a {{redacted}}*** for the customers. Unfortunately this will continue as long as millions of people flock to them every day.

@Anonymous

Yes, that’s the way it is. In order the keep the prices cheap, which we Americans love so much, they have to cut hire cheap labor.

Half of the employees lack social skills and common manners. Although, most of the customers are downright rude, disrespectful and sometimes vulgar.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Manager
Pros
  • There were a lot of employees standing around
Cons
  • Tend not to have what i need
Reason of review
managers/ employees walking down the middle of the road!
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • management
  • Isolated Incident

Lowes in Richmond, Virginia - No help at store location. Could not find anyone in store

3.4
Cause your stores in my area 40218 have no one to help me with an ice maker convection. There for I would have to ride there amaybe waste my time if you can not help me. I could take my business elsewhere but that to is a ways away so I could be wasting my time there also. But on the custome device they were wonderful. Answered my guestionbright away. You need that kind of customer service in the stores

Your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Who was wonderful on "custome device"?

Who answered your "questionbright away"? Seems like you might want to take a little time and read your complaints before you post them to see if they make sense.

Do you mean ice maker conversion?

lowes is not affiliated with this site. they aren't going to answer you here.

What on earth is an ice maker convection? No wonder you couldn't find anyone to help you with it.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Alexandria, Virginia - RUDE Customer Service Representative TRACEY

1. On September 6, I purchased five fans online: Order #35827619 and Order #355826926. 2.I received confirmation that provided the order details (purchase date, time, etc.). 3.At approximately, 9:30pm, I went to Lowes of Alexandria (6750 Richmond Highway . Alexandria, VA 22306). I visited the fan department upon entering the store and a gentleman asked if I needed help. I shared that I had purchased five fans online and just wanted to see the display model. The extremely polite gentleman volunteered information about the fans and answered all questions. He told me that the fans would be at the Customer Service Desk (CSD). 4.I went to the CSD and told Tracey that I had purchased fans online, provided the confirmation numbers and wanted to pick them up. 5.Tracey told me a) the fans were not at the CSD, and b) I had not purchased the fans that’s why they were not at the CSD. 6.I asked her to explain how I could have confirmation numbers if I had not made the purchases. 7.Tracey turned around, walked away, took a seat, and started doing something. She said I can still hear you. I refused to talk. When she turned back around I repeated #6. Tracey told again a) that I had not made a purchase and b) I had to go get the fans bring them to the CSD and buy them. 8.I told her that the fans were already purchased and they were supposed to be here at the CSD according to previous online experiences. I also shared that the gentleman in the fan department agreed with me. 9.Tracey told again a) that I had not made a purchase and b) I had to go get the fans bring them to the CSD and buy them. 10.I asked her what I was supposed to put them in or on. 11.Tracey told me to walk back to the fan department and someone would figure it out. 12.I went to the fan department and the gentleman placed the fans in a shopping cart per my request. I told him my challenge about convincing Tracey I had purchased the fans. He escorted me to the CSD and witnessed Tracey telling me I had not purchased the fans. 13.I asked Tracey (and he witnessed) to allow me to tell her my truth and ask clear concise questions because I did not want to get charged twice. I spoke three sentences and Tracey cut me off. I stopped talking and when she finished I started sharing again. Tracey again cut me off a second time. I told her that I am not used to people cutting me off mid-sentence for it is not effective communication. Tracey yet again cut me off and I pointed out she was doing it yet again! I told her because she will not allow me to share my truth and then ask my question: I had no idea what she could possibly be answering. 14.I attempted to share again but Tracey immediately cut me off. I requested the store manager on duty. 15.I shared with the store manager all of the above. He apologized for Tracey’s behavior and he too could not figure out why she did not believe I had purchased the fans. I shared with him that I am paying customer and I believe I have the right to ask questions – especially given the fact that a) I had used my credit card to complete the transaction online, b) received information from Lowes that the purchases had been made, c) a Lowes’ employee is telling me repeatedly that I had not made the purchase, and d) I needed to bring the fans to CSD and buy them. 16.I then encouraged the store manager to play the store recorded tape to see Tracey turning her back to me, taking a seat to do work that had nothing to do with my transaction – while she was supposed to me helping me. 17.I shared with the store manager my truth: it is always polite for a person to finish talking before one cuts them off which Tracey did several times. I shared that if Tracey could not answer my questions certainly she could have requested the help of her collogues to explain the answers – just like I did. 18.My experience with Tracey was rude and lacked all professional decorum.

I'm guessing English is not your first language. I can't say whether Tracy is right or wrong in this but there is always two sides to every story. Perhaps she couldn't understand what you wanted or perhaps she really is a *** Without the other side of the story, we'll never know for sure.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Rude customer service representative tracey
Preferred solution
Tracey should not be allowed to attach customers with rudeness until she is coached, retrained, mentored, etc. for customers making purchases does help in keeping her employed!

Lowes in Richmond, Virginia - Degenerate installer

2.7
The installer has missed every deadline that Lowes has set for him called and said he was coming never. showed up it’s been a month I still have no door which I paid for and no installation which I’ve already paid for
Lowes Door Installation
Order processing issue

Lowes in Stafford, Virginia - Bad windows installation. Lack of customer service.

1.4
Poor quality installation. Contractor came twice to resolve but they don't have the expertise. They also told me they do not provide painting services..

You paid for a window installation. You got it.

You did not pay for a paint job. Paint your own house.

Exactly What is your complaint about?No-one is a mind reader.

What is your complaint? Why do you feel the installation is poor quality.

Is it because they didn't paint something that wasn't part of what they were paid to do?

If you have a real complaint, tell the story. Don't just get on your cell phone and say "poor quality", prove it by telling the whole story.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Window Installation
Bad quality

Lowes in Farmville, Virginia - Purchased pressure washer and it broke

I bought a pressure washer from Lowes in Farmville and it broke. Called the store and was informed if I didn't purchase an extended warranty that there was no warranty that is *** will never happen again hurry and come in Home Depot Lowes sucks here in Farmville plus it doesn't take a hundred words to describe lowes here I don't know why as a citizen we let these companies come in our town and do people like they wish lets put a stop to it now before its to late and it probably is already to late so lowes wake the *** up also upon purchasing the item I wasn't informed there was not a warranty so that's bull too

You fail to say how long ago you purchased the pressure washer. If the manufacturers warranty period has passed and you didn't buy a service plan, they are correct, there is no warranty.

No different than any other product you buy. Other stores would tell you the same thing.

Keep in mind that stores are not responsible for warranties anyway, the manufacturer is. If it is still within the manufacturer's warranty period, contact the manufacturer.

Product
Lowes Warranty
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
i want another pressure washer
Tags