Resolved: Spotsylvania Lowe’s | Lowes review from Fredericksburg, Virginia

3.2
Thank you Dave. The Delivery Manager at the Spotsylvania Lowe’s for being such a jerk for the second time. You need to work on your customer service skills because you suck at them. You need training.I spoke to you twice on my deliveries, and the the way you spoke to me was so unprofessional. I tried to give those the benefit of the doubt when I bought a refrigerator for $1500 and it was damaged and I spoke to you and you just dismiss everything that I was trying to explain to you and was just extremely rude. I was able to speak to Bryce to handle this situation with I tried to give the is the benefit of the doubt when I bought a refrigerator for $1500 and it was damaged and I spoke to you and you just dismissed everything I was explaining to you. I try to give Lowes the benefit of the doubt and bought us though but a microwave for $1200 in the world. I spoke to you again you were extremely extremely rude about the situation. You do not need to be a manager at all.

Is that anywhere near Transylvania?

Sean W

Call Lowe's corporate...Customer Care at 1 800 445-6937 and let them know about you experience with Dave. I would also notify the store manger and regional manager.

To get to the store manager just call the store.

To get the regional manager ask for name from Customer Care at 1 800 445-6937 and also complain to them about your experience. #Let them feel the pain!

What are you trying to say?

Resolved
Lowes Manager

Missing bumper | Lowes review from Farmville, Virginia

3.3
Purchased John Deere e170 this spring. It was delivered with missing front bumper. Called customer service about once a month they always say would you like someone to call you. Then the company says they it’s going to be shipped ot you. It’s now December about 7 month later still no bumper. When you call they say that was before my time here do you want someone to call you? No I want the bumper that should have been on the mower I purchased. Please fix it and someone calling me doesn’t fix it.

Tip for the future: Always look over your deliveries before you sign for them. If you find it damaged of parts missing, do not accept delivery and have the delivery drivers take it back.

Don’t listen to the delivery people when they say “call the store and they will bring the missing part out”, they don’t work for Lowe’s and just don’t want to load it back onto the truck.

Believe it or not, the process for replacing the whole machine is easier than getting a missing part. It’s the same for all Big Box retailers.

Review
#1422052 Review #1422052 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Customer servie
  • Unprofessional managers and contracors

Poor customer relations | Lowes review from Roanoke, Virginia

Cerdit card account in good standing, and they close it WITHOUT my knowledge. When I called to find out they said it was because of a review of my credit history. No matter that my account was in good standing and I had ZERO issues on my account. They have now only hurt my credit even more, and for someone trying to rebuild and restructure, that hurts. Poor business. Never will I ever shop at Lowes again.

I worked for Lowes for 7 years and know that at times the credit card company would close accounts that hadn't been used for some time. They said it was to help dormant accounts from being used without the owner's knowledge. I don't know if that is true, but perhaps it might be?

Why are you complaining about Lowes? You do not have a credit account with Lowes.

Your account is with an independent credit company. My guess is that you didn't bother reading the fine print on the application when you opened the account. The fine print includes the fact that they may from time to time check your credit rating and adjust your credit limits accordingly. If your rating goes up they will increase your limits if it goes down they may decrease you limits or even close your account.

Issuing credit is a business that takes into account the risk of lending you money and how likely you are to pay it back. If you have fallen behind on other loans or the amount you have borrowed elsewhere has jumped and your income hasn't they may feel it is too risky to lend you more.

How likely are you to lend money to someone who may not be able to pay you back? It isn't their fault you got into a situation where your ratings dropped.

@Anonymous

Sounds like someone exactly as you describe, can’t or won’t read - probably doesn’t earn enough to justify anyone giving them credit in the first place and now they’ve realized their mistake and the OP is upset and misguidedly targeting Lowe’s - well at least they learned to read the letter that was sent when the account was closed, too bad they didn’t read who actually sent the letter

Product
Lowes Credit Card

Farmville lowe's doesnt care about Customers (Goods Damaged) | Lowes review

Farmville lowe's doesnt care about Customers (Goods Damaged) - Lowes review
First, it was raining and the item was moved off the truck and set in wet soil. Then they entered my residence without cleaning off the item or a least wiping their feet. Upon showing them location and the possible need to change the door configuration, they proceeded back to the truck to remove the non-boxed refrigerator. The item was moved (extremely tight move with the refrigerator touching the door frames and had to be nudged, shoved ) through two doors then the kitchen door which did not open the extra inch. They removed my house door (100+ years old 34-inch solid wood) still damaging the sides of the refrigerator, my door hinge finish, scratching my wood floor, and gouging the kitchen flooring. The driver disregarded the manufacturer’s instructions in Owner’s Manual in a text box (with an exclamation point!) on page 13, “NOTE: When it is necessary to move the refrigerator through a narrow opening, removing the doors is the recommended procedure. If it is necessary to remove the handles, follow the instruction below. The appearance of the handle may vary from what is shown in the illustrations.” Remove the refrigerator door, not my home doors! They had to reverse the door anyway, as the Lowe’s salesperson told us, so this would have been part of the delivery process. After placing the item and removing some of the plastic material they stated, "They only allow so much time and we have other deliveries so you'll have to call this 1-800 number to get the door changed. It’ll take 34-45 minutes". My wife called the number and the store to complain and requested the door be changed, and that a new professional crew be assigned. Now we’re two more days without use which is the earliest installation date. To note: we were notified of your policy that any door changing or leveling would be handled by the delivery personnel. And we tried to help by providing a 7-day delivery window. Lowe's local Customer Service called the morning (Sunday) they were scheduled to return to reverse the door and left a voice mail stating they’re “throwing in another washer hose for my leaking washer”. My wife called back and attempted to tell the customer service person the actual situation. The person (which would only provide his first name) WOULD NOT ALLOW my wife to speak. I could hear this in another room. Believing my wife was talked to in a disrespectful manner, I took over the phone call. Your service agent WOULD NOT ALLOW me to talk, finally after MULTIPLE “please let me talk” and then a direct demand, I was allowed to provide a list of the damage/complaints and ended the conversation with no apparent result. Later, a follow-up call was made and we were notified that a manager would call in 24 hours. A few hours beyond that period a manager at the Farmville, Virginia store responded asking about the leak!! Where is the leak! Again, we bought a refrigerator, not a washer. He made the customary apologies and asked my wife about the problems with the driver. Our answer was then, as it is now, they ignored the instructions, which damaged our house and a new refrigerator. My wife said he could call my husband if wanted. He did not want to and refused.
#1419566

Well, dryer went out, no response from Lowes about this complaint, So to Sears I go to a hometown store. Service was great, purchased item.

A quality Kenmore not a cheap Roper!

Seem like Lowes would care? Think before you shop, if the town or store does not support your values or service expectations "SHOP ELSE WHERE"!

No response to letter or calls. I will try the BBB, who knows maybe they will answer them. If they even care.

Went to home depot yesterday what a change in attitude of store employees, I can say it was a happy experience. Military Discount Yea!

No response to letter to store and Head Quarters. On to the CEO and BBB.

Consider never using Lowes as your box supplier. I will not even hire contractors' that use this store and the list grows!

It's always a good idea to make sure the appliances you buy will fit through your doors, especially if you have an old house with odd size doors. It's people like you that screw up the delivery schedule for everyone behind you.

@Anonymous

If the manufactures instructions were followed their would be no damage to the refrigerator. Now the added damage was not just sloppy and careless movers, but me screwing up, Make a internet search, a lot of customers screwing up, don't you think?

(XPO) I don't see how its the customers fault that service was not provided. But thinking a old houses is problem is also dumb! I can only believe that you have a horse in this complaint.

I hope Mr. Niblock see things different.

@Anonymous

It is ridiculous of you to blame a customer for damage caused to the home and purchased product during a Lowe's delivery. Lowe's is in the business of making home deliveries, and as a business, they have a responsibility to provide competent services with trained employees who are capable of navigating the most common of issues, such as size of entryway and product.

Only a true idiot would run a business that penalizes customers with horrible service if that customer does not anticipate a complication like this. Any good business understands that customers do not anticipate common complications as automatically as the experienced business does. Lowe's has encountered the issue thousands of times. Common sense would compel Lowe's to address such concerns with their customers ahead of time, especially since it is Lowe's who charges a significant delivery fee.

If the customer had to have all the knowledge and capability in the matter, then he wouldn't be paying Lowe's to do this for him!

There is an enormous malfunction in Lowe's selection and training of delivery workers, who DO represent the company, and need to have the sense to follow their own company's written instructions for responding to this kind of situation.

It is Lowe's responsibility to complete other deliveries in a timely manner, and anyone with basic thinking skills would devise a business plan that accomodates and anticipates a delivery complication.

Don't be the kind of fool who blames a previous customer on the schedule for the unprofessional planning and execution of services by the company who is PAID to do the job!

@PurpleTantrum

Um... Delivery is free on appliances at Lowes

Lamyah

Company please correspondence by email, phone conversation with them is part of the problems.

View more comments (8)
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Delivery
  • Customer service
  • Cust
Damaged or defective
Loss

Bad windows installation. Lack of customer service. | Lowes review from Stafford, Virginia

1.4
Poor quality installation. Contractor came twice to resolve but they don't have the expertise. They also told me they do not provide painting services..

You paid for a window installation. You got it.

You did not pay for a paint job. Paint your own house.

Exactly What is your complaint about?No-one is a mind reader.

What is your complaint? Why do you feel the installation is poor quality.

Is it because they didn't paint something that wasn't part of what they were paid to do?

If you have a real complaint, tell the story. Don't just get on your cell phone and say "poor quality", prove it by telling the whole story.

Lowes Window Installation
Bad quality

Lowes online shopping don't do it!!!!

I ordered HVAC ducting on-line and have had nothing but frustration dealing with Lowes online. They sent the wrong items to start and also split up the order to various stores so what did arrive came at different times. I sent back some items using Lowes' return label but have never received a refund. I have called customer service several times about the refund owed. I get put on hold or promised that my refund will be taken care of but nothing happens. I will never shop online with Lowes again. I do not recommend this service.
Lowes Shipping Service
Preferred solution
Full refund

Xpo delivery service for lowes sucks

Ordered a fridge and was suppose to be delivered today. Waited around all day for them. Xpo called and kept pushing the delivery back and finally a no show. I called xpo and they said they could not get ahold of the driver . Finally recieved a call at 7 pm and they rescheduled for tomarrow and would not give me a time . Recieved robo call from xpo and the time is 330 to 530 . Not acceptable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Lowes is loosing a customer
Lowes Home Delivery Service
Bad quality

Website | Lowes review from Culpeper, Virginia

The WORST website if you happen to have a credit card. Still have not discovered where to pay. And don't even think about customer service.

its on the mailng envolpe when you get your bill and right on the statement and you can go into the store and pay your bill

You don't have an account with Lowes. You have an account with an independent credit company that issues a card for use at Lowes.

Look at your bill for information on where to send your payment. If you have lost your bill, call the customer service number on your.

credit card. They will be able to assist you in sending them a payment.

View more comments (1)
Product
Lowes Website

Lowes - Manager Review

4.5
Was riding into the store parking lot today and there were about 6 manager type employees walking right down the middle of the road in the parking lot like no one else mattered. I was on my motorcycle on my side of the road and no body moved!. they just kept walkin!. There was a guy and a girl that got real close to my bike like they owned the place. I am a local customer and go there all the time. Couldn't wat for the store to open and now I don';t really care for many reasons. This happened today at 4:30pm. Must have had a meeting about that store. Anyway, somebody needs to pay attention

Most big retailers are this way unfortunately. Walmart is the worst.

I've had mornings when i couldn't get in the door because employees coming to work were walking so slow and blocking the entire door way. It has to do with the mindset of the majority of retail employees that they are entitled to a job and the paycheck that comes with it.

They don't give a {{redacted}}*** for the customers. Unfortunately this will continue as long as millions of people flock to them every day.

@Anonymous

Yes, that’s the way it is. In order the keep the prices cheap, which we Americans love so much, they have to cut hire cheap labor.

Half of the employees lack social skills and common manners. Although, most of the customers are downright rude, disrespectful and sometimes vulgar.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Manager
Pros
  • There were a lot of employees standing around
Cons
  • Tend not to have what i need
Reason of review
managers/ employees walking down the middle of the road!
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • management
  • Isolated Incident

NEVER to contract LOWES for door installation

This is the Chantilly Door Instalation. They lied about measurement date and then I went to make the purchase since I previously told the store that already had the measurements. They did the actually measurements three weeks after and a month has passed. They never call even to schedule the installation date. For the simplest door instalation project, it may take you two months or longer to compete. That is just mind blowing!
Lowes Door Installation