State: Virginia City: Virginia Beach Clear all filters (13 of 4884 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show
1.3
Was hold for 15 minutes finally the call was connected, tried to schedule a service call, spent some time with the rep, to be hung up on. Called back and the wait time was 15 minutes. Very disappointed. Can I ever get service? Can't spend all day trying to talk to...

What's with more, a bird in the hand or two in the bush? Having worked in retail for many years it's obvious that the person you are most likely to make a sale to is the person that has taken time to come to the store.

People calling with questions may or may not come in to actually make a purchase. The customer in front of me, in the store always got priority over the phone.

If someone was going to wait it was the person on the phone. How would you feel if you decided to buy the product you were calling about, went into the store and the employees ignored you because the were talking to someone on the phone?

View more comments
Lowes Customer Care
Poor customer service

Lowes in Virginia Beach, Virginia - Troy-Bilt FLEX & Lowe's No Return Policy.

I bought the Troy-Bilt FLEX power base and mower attachment. It wasn't in stock and it took them more than 30 days to deliver the darn thing. First time I used it, it got slower and slower when I would pull the throttle, to the point where it is entirely pushed by me...that was the first time I used it & I have less than 3/4 of an acre to mow. Second time I used it, the PTO got stuck engaged and would not disengage - something snapped in there, it spins freely even though the cable is stuck in the engaged position...I can't use the thing anymore, it's now worthless. Lowe's wont take it back and Troy Bilt won't authorize the return, they want me to let someone at Lowe's fix it. Last outdoor power equipment purchase I make from lowe's. By the way - this is a $1,400 mower setup, used it twice & now I'm back to my old push mower that I bought in 2006.

Why is it worthless? There is a manufacture warranty that covers the repairs for DEFECTS in the product.

Just like a new car warranty. They will repair your car if something goes wrong.

They won't give you a refund or replace it. If you did something like failing to put oil in it or used stale gas, expect to be charged as that is not a defect in the product.

Lowes Customer Care
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes in Virginia Beach, Virginia - Racist Managers

3.5
Worked at Lowes in Hampton Virginia. Many racists people at this store. I was treated very due to race. And the management knows all this is going on and does nothing if anything they engage int he racism from the delivery *** Manager Fred to another manager named Glen. I advise African Americans DO NO T WORK HERE. You will be degraded and treated highly unfair. Feel free to ask any African American there in private and I'm sure they will spill their guts. very racist. Unfair. And they will to anything to get rid of people who stand up for themselves
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Racism
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

2.5
Lowes Hardwood Flooring Installation Review from Virginia Beach, Virginia
In the process of having hard wood floors installed by lowes when we 1st spoke I told them I was sure was water damage I was it would be take care of and I had a deadline for the repair. Now I'm told it can't be done because of water damage if couldn't be taken care I should have been told I would have not did it until family reunion which I'm the the host I'm so pissed. When the installers came out I was they didn't know I already had hardwood they were thing I had carpet, but when they came out twice to look at the situation,very poor customer service.

I guess English is not your first language. I can't even tell what you are trying to say

What? I think you had a problem with your floor, but the complaint makes no sense

You may be angry and typing in a hurry but your complaint is completely unintelligible. Slow down, and use punctuation. It works miracles in comprehension.

View more comments (2)
Bad quality

Lowes in Virginia Beach, Virginia - Three attempts to purchase an exterior door. Still unsuccessful, gave up.

2.0
Mid May 2015, I attempted to pick out a door for installation at my home from Lowe’s on Military Hwy in Norfolk, VA. Cannot pick out door until home is measured. $51 fee charged for measurement. Paid fee, informed someone will contact me in 3 days. 5 days later, I find a business card stuck to my door, while I was home, from a “handyman service”. I don’t know if this was the Lowes installer or not. Contact store, received an apology, and asked to try the process again. I decline. Called corporate office with my complaint. Store calls, will waive measurement fee if I’ll attempt the purchase again. I agree. Contractor arrived, writes up labor quote and submits to store. Store calls with a quote, and I have not yet picked out a door model. Lowe’s employee is short with me, stating, “fine, come in a pick out a door”. Today, I arrive at store to pick out a door, and cannot get anyone to help. Gave up waiting and went to customer service to speak with manager. Spent another 20 minutes waiting to speak with a manager, who never appears. Drove back to work, and called corporate office. Corporate office patches me through to the Lowe’s manager. Now the manager that I stood around waiting to talk to in the store is available if you have corporate office make the call for you. Corporate office asked me if there is another Lowe’s store in the area that I can go to. Sure, but why bother? Plenty of Home Depot stores in VA too. If you need a product that must be measured, or installed, buy the part from another hardware store, and contract the installation yourself. Save yourself the aggravation I’ve experienced. Avoid installation services from Lowe’s.
Review
Cons
  • Bad service 3rd or forth time now
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Sales Representative Review from Virginia Beach, Virginia

This letter is to complain about service I recently received from a Lowes sales representative. I am a young woman from an Asian descent with an accent. I have lived in the United States for 20 years and I have never felt so discriminated against until this incident. I visited Lowes at 2403 Virginia Beach Boulevard, Virginia Beach, VA 23454, Store #1546 at around 12:00 pm on April 18, 2014 to purchase several items. After waiting approximately 15-20 minutes to get assistance from an associate in the Appliance Department, A representative appeared from the hallway. He proceeded to show us the washer and dryer we were interested in purchasing. Although he appeared to be knowledgeable about the product in question, he was very unpleasant from the very beginning. He was also condescending, discriminatory, and disrespectful during the entire process. Whenever I posed a question, he appeared to be frustrated, raised his tone, pounded on machines around him and spoke to me in an intimidating manner. I came prepared with several print outs of various items I was interested in purchasing. I had questions and offered to show them but he repeatedly dismissed my inquiry and instead, he lost his composure and spoke to me in such an unprofessional manner that I had no other choice but to point out his lack of professionalism and inappropriate behavior. Instead of extending an apology, this associate simply pounded on the washing machine and stated “let me know if you have a question” and walked away. Again, instead of serving a customer, he left and stood by the cash register while glaring at us as we walked away. I expected a much higher level of service from your company, and I am quite disappointed. Because I do not want to spend any more time on this problem, I did not pursue the planned purchases at Lowes to furnish a kitchen, laundry room, bathroom, and window treatment. I will be informing my friends and family about this experience and I will be taking my business elsewhere. I also have reported this to the assistant manager and the executive dept. immediately after the incident. But given the grave impact this experience had on me and possibly on many other potential customers, I believe this issue needs to be known to other unsuspecting Lowes shoppers.

Kind of hard to believe that a sales person would pound his fist on his own product.

Are you perhaps a person who comes in with a stack of print outs on multiple products and doesn't let the sales person finish answering one question before you start asking the next? That tends to frustrate sales people because you are wasting their time by not listening to them answer the questions you ask.

Has nothing to do with gender, race color of your hair or anything other than the fact they aren't being listened to.

This happened 8 months ago. are you aware that salesmen can be rude without it being discrimination?

View more comments (2)
Lowes Sales Representative

Lowes in Virginia Beach, Virginia - Service

Have an extended warranty on my refrigerator. Called for service as refrig is not working. First appointment they could give me was two days later. Stayed home all day and no one came. Called back and was told the service tech wouldn't be there for 10 days. When i complained about going 10 days without the use of my frig was assured that that was not acceptable and that a supervisor would call me by the end of the next day. Still waiting for that call. Called back. After a 11 minute hold, was connected to a supervisor who could only say that they had an appointment for me and that there was no way to file a formal complaint. It was rather amazing that I called a service tech and he came out within a few hours and fixed my frig. at my expense. So call me *** for ever buying the extended warranty and call me a former Lowe's custormer
Product
Lowes Warranty
Loss

Lowes in Virginia Beach, Virginia - Moving package disocunt coupons

4/11/13 I am moving and I picked up a moving package at the post office and applied for a 10% discount coupon to be mailed to me within 2-3 business days.4/18/13 I call customer serivce and they said they would email me the coupon . 4/22/13 I have purchased several items at the Lowes in Glouceter Va but I still do not have a coupon.I have spent over 1,000.00 in the last two weeks. I was told they would still give me the discount if i get the coupong within 30 days but it's been 15 days and I'm beginning to think this offer is not realistic.In addition, the person who is moving to my old address is having the same issue.

When I moved, I just followed the directions, provided the information (such as my new mailing address), and the next day I received the 10% discount coupon that I printed out. My husband did this as well. This could honestly be your fault as much as it could be Lowes.

LadyScot

The discount coupon card is glued to the front of the moving packet. I still have several from our move left. Our postal carrier left me a *** load in my box when I told her we were moving.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Virginia Beach, Virginia - Veterian Discount

Don't know that I would say 'pissed' but certainly disappointed. I am a Vietnam Vet and went into Lowes yesterday in Virginia Beach, Holland road, to register for the Veteran 10 percent discount advertised online. I was making a small purchase but was going to return for three shop tools totaling close to 900 dollars. At first the casher said to go to the services desk, which I did. The lady said that was for Veteran's day only. I asked for the supervisor, who said even though it is advertised as 'any time' it is up to the store and they choose not to extend it to 'any time', only on Veteran's day. Home Depot is now my choice for the tools as they give the discount "˜any time'. I realize that I am only one customer, but when I go to the next Veteran's meeting I will be sure to tell this story. Makes me feel like it is 1970 when I returned from Vietnam. Update 5 May 2011: Home Depot has reconfirmed that they still offer their military and veteran's discounts. Lowe's continues to give a 10 percent discount to all veterans who have a DD214 on Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Veteran's Day." Read more: http://paycheck-chronicles.military.com/2010/07/14/lowes-official-answer-on-military-discounts/#ixzz1eLtuyu5o The Paycheck Chronicles Anthony Criscione 757 467 0954 anthony.s.criscioine@cox.net

Thank you for your service to our country. I'm sorry to hear that happened.

The Lowes in the Houston Tx area give the 10% discount every day. I am a veteran from the 70's And I use that discount a lot.

I ask how long they were going to give the discount, was told as long as Home Depot was doing it,They would match it. They do require you to show a VA ID of some sort.

cohena2

Thank you for your service to our country. I'm sorry to hear that happened.

View more comments (1)

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111

2445 reviews
2.1
Compare

Valspar Paint from Lowes

-painted a bathroom with Valspar, "Farmers Market",Allen and Roth, ar225 over 4 weeks ago and it will not dry. I applied a primer over the wall paper, let it dry and then applied one coat of valspar, waited 24 hours and applied another coat. I just remains tacky to the touch, I have tried running a fan and then a heater and fan but it didn't make any difference. In 2 other rooms I applied primer over wallpaper but used a different brand of paint and it looks beautiful. The Valspar that I used supposedly has a primer already built in. Ã…nyway, will never use this stuff again. I have been painting for over 40 years using a variety of brands and never had this happen. Now what do I do?? If I wipe the wall with a wet cloth the paint comes off onto the cloth. Someone suggested repainting over this stuff with a semi-gloss latex as that may work. I had used an eggshell valspar latex. Lou

Mayb u should removed wallpaper? Just mayb?

I painted our bathroom with Valspar just over a year ago, and it is still tacky to the touch. Every time the kids shower, the walls get wet and stay that way for at least 8 hours, even with the exhaust fan and AC going.

I'm just now painting over it with primer and then recoating with a Sherwin Williams paint. I will not use Valspar again.

Very very dissatisfied and threw it out and went back to Ben Moore!

Valspar is the best

I too painted my bathroom 4 weeks ago using Valspar Interior Kitchen & Bath Enamel and it is still tacky to the touch. The bathroom was not used for over a week after it was painted while I did other remodeling work in there.

Tonight I felt it again but it is still tacky to the touch. I have used Valspar products for a long time just not this type of paint.

Think I will go back to Benjamin Moore. The bathroom will not be used again for another 6 weeks for showering since that bathroom is not used except when I have company so we will see how long it takes to dry without any additional moisture/humidity.

Is anyone interested in beginning a class action lawsuit for damages incurred for paint not drying?

We painted our bathroom in May with Valspar "Ultra Premium, Interior Kitchen and Bath Enamel". Waited 3 days to put on 2nd coat since it was still tacky/not dry after the recommended 30-60 minutes to dry as stated on the can.

We then went on vacation for a week, came back and it was still wet. It is now the middle of August and it is still wet. I called Valspar and spoke to a VERY rude and argumentative girl. She said I would have to remove the paint from the wall at our own expense.

Incidently, the paint drips on the outside of the can are also still wet. Clearly a defective paint.

painting over sound wallpaper is perfectly fine( meaning wall paper is not peeling) the use of an oil based primer is always recommended for this application. If top coat color was a deep color, primer could have been tinted to a neutral gray to give best coverage and hide results. If paint was subjected to moisture prior to it curing ( running shower with little ventilation) this could have also contributed to it still being tacky also over application is always a common mistake

Same experience w/ Valspar 7 yrs ago. I painted over primed sheetrock.

It was tacky and smelled wet for 3 yrs. Couldn't use the room. Their rep looked at it and said he didn't have a sense of smell so couldn't tell. And the refusal to dry?

He said I should expect that w/ the color I chose. He offered me another 2 cans of Valspar paint. I refused. A professional painter said it was a problem w/ their base they tinted and every paint co knows when this happens.

Just that Lowes didn't make it right. It took 3 summers of windows open for the smell to finally dissipate. Now I only purchase paint from a paint store. This problem is uncommon, but when it does occur the homeowner is really stuck with a mess.

And professionals know exactly what it is.

A responsible company would apologize, bring in a crew to remove it and then reapply w/ non-defective paint. But not Lowes/Valspar.

I can't imagine why the paint would not dry as you state. I have used Valspar and never had a problem.

Who advised you to paint over wall paper?

They gave you bad advise. Never paint over wall paper.

View more comments (9)