227 views
Verified Reviewer

Resolved

Update by user Jan 25, 2021

They finally sent us the rebate cards we had been waiting for since April 2020..

Original review updated by user Dec 11, 2020

Purchased $20,000. deck and installation from Lowe's in April 2020 with promise of $1500.

in rebates. Took a month just to be able to upload rebate application on their website. Have waited since May for the check. Every time I call I get same answer from some 3rd world country.

"It's still in processing. This can take 8-10 weeks." There is never a supervisor to talk to. Supposedly I was moved up to Tier 2 Support and they are supposed to email me in 2 business days. Never happened.

Tried regular Lowe's Customer Support and they're no help. Was told it's the Rebate Center issue. It's a Lowe's issue! They're the ones that promised the rebate.

We purchased in good faith and could have spent that money at the local Lowe's. Is anybody interested in joining a Class Action Law Suit?

User's recommendation: Don't buy anything based on the premise of receiving a rebate from Lowe's.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Rebate.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Lowes Pros: Pricing and generaly availability, Front line red vest employees are great and helpful, Fair prices.

Location: 222 South River Road, Bedford, NH 03110

Comments

#1969396

I spent thousands of dollars on LG appliances and was supposed to get a $500 rebate - the rebate is only $205. Very disappointing!

#1963976

Tuesday I Tweeted @ both Lowe's and the manufacturer and filed a complaint against Lowe's with the BBB. Lowe's responded to Twitter within the hour wanting more information and a I got both an email and phone call from Lowe's corporate Executive Customer Relations the next day regarding the BBB complaint.

My contact at corporate promised to call me back Monday hopefully with my rebate. Good luck!

#1965908
@PissedConsumer1963976

After Tweeting and filing with the BBB last week I now finally have my $500 rebate gift card from Lowe’s.

#1966785
@PissedConsumer1963976

Good to know re: the tweeting response! I was going to write a sternly worded letter to Lowe's CEO Marvin Ellison, but a couple days ago received an email stating our $1500.

rebates were no longer in processing and had been approved. No mention of how long it will take to receive payment, but at least there is progress.

#1963739

Same thing happened to me. My rebate was $357 on Samsung applianced.

Was approved February 2020 and then nothing. Went through everything that you all have noted. Resubmitted per their instructions and again nothing. After waiting over 9 months I filed a complaint with my states Consumer Protection.

Every state has this dept, it is part of their Attorney General office. After a couple days I got a phone call from Lowe's executive office and had an e- gift card that day AND a $277 rebate about 3 weeks later. I was told that the company they used for rebates went out of business and now they are using someone in Michigan but is extremely far behind. Please don't walk away from this or give up on this.

File a complaint with your state AG office. Merry Christmas!

#1963180

Have called them 8 times myself and have been told the same thing-- Tier 2, 48 hours blah blah blah. They've somehow never saved my email despite giving it to them multiple times.

VERY irritated. I'm going to try reaching out to the manager at the store where we bought it.

#1962557

I have the same issue on an appliance rebate. I have been waiting since March.

Called them again today and the answer is the same. Not in their system and they don't know when it will be in the system.

When I asked for a manager the call disconnected. I have over $7000 in appliances since March...

Lowes Reviews