3000 Glimcher Blvd, Hermitage, PA 16148
3.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I purchased a Samsung refrigerator and the 5 year warranty from Lowe’s. The refrigerator had been returned without use and placed in scratch and dent section due to a few scratches near door handles.

The sale sign said “ no issues “ and because it had never been used they said I could purchase Lowe’s extended warranty, which I did. The product was delivered to the church for which I had purchased it. As soon as the refrigerator had been plugged in for a few minutes the door alarm began and continued. I called Lowe’s to get the alarm fixed but they told me the warranty was not valid on the product because it was being used by a church (business).

My complaint is that the store knew I was purchasing for a church but did not mention that the warranty would not apply and that once the church plugged it in and put something in it, it was now considered used and no one could purchase the extended warranty on a used product. We are returning the refrigerator to Lowe’s and they are giving us a full refund.

However, I am upset that they sold me a refrigerator, at a good price, that had issues they were unwilling to fix, and now a store warranty is useless. Is there any recourse for something like this?

Kathy Yobe

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Protection Plan.

Comments

Yes, the next Tim e you purchase a product take time to read the warranty BEFORE you purchase the product. Many consumer products have warranties that cover the product for residential use but if it is used for commercial purposes the coverage goes away or is decreased. Don't take a salespersons word for what is covered by the warranty as they may not be totally accurate in what they tell you.

PEOPLE WHO BUY EXTENDED WARRANTIES ARE `USUALLY "A FEW FRIES SHORT OF A HAPPY MEAL" BEST JUST TO PUT THE MONEY AWAY IN THE BANK UNTIL WHEN OR IF YOU EVER NEED IT, INSTEAD OF PURCHASING A WARRANTY THAT THE SCAMSTERS WILL REFUSE TO HONOR!