282 views
Verified Reviewer

11-Please help us with this. I just got off the phone with Lowes Service Advantage.

188*-775-**** after the below email was returned to me stating the email box is not monitored. Lowes Service advantage stated that we will have to contact the last repair company that damaged our dryer back in December of 2019 it is not covered under my plan. Additionally, I do not understand why our most recent claim for our washer was denied. Its clear the machine failed and is faulty.

We have not damaged it or used it in such a way to create this problem,. I asked to speak to a Supervisor after I felt I wasn't being heard and asked to contact these two repair companies myself to understand further what happened. A supervisor was not available. I was told my complaint would be added into a claims resolution referral and I would receive a callback or email in 1 to 3 days.

We had not heard anything back from Lowes, Lowes Service advantage or any of the past repair companies. We had to reinitiate contact yesterday. As a customer and warranty holder, it feels like we are starting from zero and the process is working against us

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: Monica & Kevin

To: LowesSA@***.com

Cc: Kevin & Monica Shriver ; MONICA.SHRIVER@***.COM

Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 02:24:57 PM PDT

Subject: Fw: [EXT] Lowe's Repair Scheduled Notification / MONICA SHRIVER / 1-33670****61

Good Afternoon,

My name is Kevin Shriver. Husband of Monica..

Today we attempted to follow up on our warrantied washer repair. We gave it sometime as it is still functional and the Covid scare came immediately after the AT Appliance tech visited us on 3/12/20. After not hearing anything since March, we follow up and we were just told over the phone by AT Appliance that the repair was denied by Lowes. Something to the effect of " Unusual wear and tear".

It absolutely looks to be unusual and a failure to some degree in design I am guessing. That or some other type of oddity or fluke. The washer lid has delaminated from the glass and the hinges are failing and lifting to some degree from the body of the unit. This in no way was caused by our using of the machine as designed.

We also had the Dryer serviced under this same warranty on 12-10-19.

At that time, the tech had to disassemble the unit's top and electric controls to gain access to the interior. We did not immediately notice but soon discovered that the Tech damaged the control panel' s connection pins and the top panel was not permanently fixed to the unit any longer. It moved and had play when accessing the washer's buttons and features. I did report this via a customer service questionnaire/ report once discovered.

We heard nothing back. On 3/12/20 my wife also mentioned the damage created by the previous tech and asked that it be fixed as well. The Tech left, stating he had to order parts and would reschedule with us soon. No further contact was initiated by AT Appliance,the warranty company or Lowes.

( After typing this up..

I recall now and am almost certain I mentioned the tech's previous damage when I called in the new warranty service request.

We are somewhat concerned in Lowe's customer service and handling of what should be a typical warranty service... As well as the 3rd party damage not being addressed or followed up on.

We requested you look into this matter further and complete our warrantied repairs.

Kevin Shriver

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Warranty.

Preferred solution: honor the extended warrranty our washer and dryer.

Lowes Pros: We price and model compare with home depot and other stores.

Lowes Cons: This has been the biggest pain so far.

Location: 3251 Zinfandel Dr, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670

Comments

Having worked at a mother big box stores that sells appliances I would not recommend purchasing a service plan through a store. In most cases when you register your appliance purchase with the manufacturer the will offer you the opportunity to purchase a plan through them. Usually at a comparable price or lower.

Lowes Reviews