Chicago, Illinois
3.3
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Update by user Jan 18

UPDATE: Scott Hackett from Store 2593 called today 1/18 at 10:30 to inform us that Skwarcan Plumbing would be installing our replacement water heater by the end of the day. I then called Tom Skwarcan to verify and he confirmed that either he or his partner would complete the job this afternoon.

We are awaiting his prior-to-arrival call. It is now 12:47 p.m.

Original review posted by user Jan 18

This email was sent to execustservice@lowe's:

Good Morning!

To briefly summarize our ongoing nightmarish experience, we first reported our defective water heater covered by EPP 0259344414129070830002 on 1/10 through your toll free customer service number.

My wife Carol spoke with two incompetent agents (Jonathan and Khadijah) before Yvette intervened and provided assistance. The next day (1/11), after not receiving any follow up communication, Carol and I made a special trip to Store 2593 to speak with Christi Lord (the contact Yvette provided). She generated the detail order which was scanned at your customer service desk. I requested Edgar Shaff from Cabo Mechanical who performed the original installation and Christi advised us that he "was no longer on your contractor list".

Christi was very apologetic and promised to update us within 24 hours. We were never contacted and I finally visited 2593 on 1/15 to meet with Christi again. She conferred with her Store Manager Michael Mazur and indicated that the assigned contractor (Skwarcan Plumbing) would call us by evening.

Skwarcan never called on 1/15. On 1/16, I sent two messages through your website pleading for help. I also called Christi. Michael from your service center contacted my wife Carol very apologetically and pledged immediate intervention. Christi responded with news that Skwarcan Plumbing and Cabo Mechanical were now "competing for the job" and whoever acted first would complete the work (remember that Cabo was prepared to do the reinstallation on 1/12 or 1/14 at the latest). I informed Christi that we were insisting on Cabo.

Shortly after noon on 1/16, I called Edgar Shaff at Cabo and requested that he contact Michael Mazur at 2593. We heard nothing the rest of the day. Yesterday, Christi Lord called and informed us that Skwarcan Plumbing was Store 2593's only authorized plumbing contractor and he would be installing the replacement water heater today 1/18. I called Thomas Skwarcan and he questioned the need to complete Detail Expectation Sheet 465672015620. He asked me to measure our unit (a 40 gallon "short") and provide him with the height. The conversation concluded with Skwarcan assuring me that he would call later to confirm his 1/18 arrival time.

At 8:00 p.m. last night, after not hearing from him, I called and asked him what time he planned to install our new water heater. He replied that he wouldn't be performing the job because there was no record of it in Lowe's IMS system. I immediately called 2593 and spoke with Kevin, an assistant manager. Kevin was bewildered and could offer no help, but he promised to send Michael Mazur a detailed email and Mazur would call us soon after he arrived at 7:00 this morning. It is now 9:30 and we have yet to receive a follow up call from either Mazur or Skwarcan.

We have been without HOT WATER for 8 days!! Can you PLEASE help a family who has spent thousands of dollars in good faith at Lowe's over the last 20 years? HELP!!!!

Thank you!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Customer Care.

Lowes Cons: Store 2593s inefficiency and inability to resolve our problem.

Comments