We went in to build our kitchen at Lowes in Waterford CT. We went witht he 18 months no interest and asked the store what the minimum payment.

The store manager Jennifer Veno, stated that her payment was an approximate number and we told her that we needed the payment to be around a certain amount. She said it should be around that. When we received the bill it was 3x's the amount. There is nothing Lowes or the credit company can do other than if we claim hardship and ruin our credit.

Spoke to the general manager who said that the order could be refunded. My husband ripped out our kitchen in anticipation of the order and I am on bed rest with twins. They offered us to come back and redo the process or to come to my house. I would not work with them again and did not know how they would ever manage to build a kitchen for the payment we could afford based what their policies dictated.

They could do nothing for us. I will never use lowes again and I am forced to try to figure out how to pay this bill. I don't have the physical energy or resources to attempt another kitchen design.

I am so angry at lowes and they have offered us no compensation. DO NOT USE them for any sort of financing or expect the manager to answer questions knowledgeably.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Manager.

Comments

Reading, Pennsylvania, United States #615131

You are an ***. I'm glad you got screwed.

Before you sign your name to anything...you should READ what you are signing and not depend on a sales person to do it for you. If you know the grand total and have 18 months no interest....its easy to figure out what your payments are...take the grand total after taxes and divide it by 18.....YOU DEPEND on a sales person to do your math for you? Come on...you are looking for sympathy for totally unrelated reasons....GROW UP!!

Honest4Sure

The retailers are not finance experts, not even close. The terms and conditions on the credit agreements, in fine print, outline how the payments are calculated.

All the retailers push there free financing promotions; this is not news.

To all of those people that believed we did this to ourselves. We did a lot of research and know what payment we could afford.

That is why we went that route. As for my kitchen that was a safety hazard, cabinets falling off the wall, haphazard electrical, we had no choice. I am not blaming others for my decisions. It was not instant gratifcation by any means, it was the cheapest kitchen we could manage to get safely.

It would be like buying a car and expecting the payments to be one price and then it is another.

We also had the ability to pay for the kitchen in the end and it was a matter of timing to have a safe place for my family to be. Please don't make judgements that don't apply to the situation

to jaibhagwan73@hotmail.com Burlington, Ontario, Canada #649488

DON'T WORRY, LOWES CAN'T GET THE MONEY FROM U, LET THEM CALL U AND TRY TO COLLECT IT, IN THE MEANTIME SAVE UP MONEY, IT WILL TAKE ABOUT 2 YEARS TO GET THE MONEY FROM U, IN THE MEANTIME SAVE MONEY AND LATER TRY TO SAVE THE AMOUNT TO GIVE THEM A SETTLEMENT, USUALLY 50 PERCENT OFF THE POSTED AMOUNT. DO A CONSUMER SETTLEMENT, IT WILL BE WORTH IT!

If you can't afford a new kitchen, you shouldn't finance it. Stop living above your means.

Save for it and you won't have to deal with things like this. Instantly gratification isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I'm not familiar with Lowe's return policy but I'm guessing you had a few bills come by before it was up. Even then, they offered you a refund and you refused to take it.

They along with every other appliance retailer have next day delivery.

So I don't see your beef.

Plus you have no business doing those same as cash programs if you can't make the payments, since you'll be hit with all the interest at the end anyways. I know that you're "tired" and "don't have the physical energy" or whatever, but it's a big bad world out there and you shouldn't blame other people for your own poor planning and research.