I purchased a dishwasher on line on Black Friday for a good price. A few days later I went to customer service in the store and asked if the delivery men would be installing it as well.

I was advised that the delivery men could and would install it for me as well has haul away the old one. When it was delivered, they left the boxed washer in the middle of my kitchen floor and said the weren't allowed to install it or remove the old one. So, I was left with both dishwashers and very crowded kitchen. Later in the day a service rep from Lowe's called saying I would have to pay $149 to have the washer removed and the new one installed.

Here it is 12/11/18 just before Christmas and Lowe's refuses to help in any way unless I paid for something I was told would be no charge. They wouldn't adjust my bill because I had purchased the washer on Black Friday. I have worked in retail for several years before retiring and I have never had such deplorable customer service as this. Lowe's can be assured I will be shopping at their competitors from now on.

We now know your bottom line. Make the sale, forget about the customer's needs.

Reason of review: Fair pricing.

Comments

You made the dishwasher purchase online. It clearly states: “Need this dishwasher installed, Lowe's can help; Call 1-866-678-2761 prior to purchase; includes dishwasher only” You got exactly what they paid for.

You can’t blame Lowe’s for your inability to read and follow instructions.

Additionally, in the terms of the delivery it states: “For your convenience, we provide additional installation services for an additional fee. Dishwashers, microwaves, cooktops, wall ovens, slide-in ranges, drop-in ranges, gas ranges, gas dryers, range hoods, garbage disposals and trash compactors can be installed by a Lowe's third-party qualified professional.”

Perfect example of a lowe's employee being overwhelmed with customers due to Lowe's gross under staffing of their stores. That poor sales person probably had 15-20 people waiting for them to help them and just told you anything to get the sale done. Happens all the time especially on the busiest shopping day of the year!

to Anonymous #1613402

OP purchased the dishwasher online. Then talked to a returns desk cashier a few days later.

As OP stated there was never a discussion about price of said services. You can't expect something for nothing.