Purchased a Whirlpool Gold Stainless Steel refrigerator 3-10-12.Delivered 3-17-12.

Doors started rusting 5-24-12 after cleaning with mild soap,and water as recommended by Whirlpool user instructions.Lowes store where purchased was contacted by me on5-24 & again on 5-29.

Haven't had any returned call from Lowes to date.Their Sewell,N.J.store Management,may think I'm just gonna go away,but thats just not gonna happen.I have spent thousands of dollars at Lowes over some years,and refuse to be Ignored.So Consumer beware of "Lets build something together".....

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Comments

Saint Clair Shores, Michigan, United States #656006

Hi , after some experimenting I found a solution for my 2 year old kitchenaid architectural stainless refrigerator showing small signs of rusting on the door..I used a paste of baking soda and water to rub the part with the glitter of rust.

Rub with the grain. Rub gently. That will take the rust out of the tiny pitted parts. Wash gently with plain water.

Let dry. Then, use a soft white cloth to rub olive oil with the grain across the entire refrigerator front. Let it sit for a day. The next day.

Use a clean cloth to rub gently with the grain. That will *** any standing olive oil and leave a beautiful door. Mainly, do not wash your stainless refrigerator with soap and water. It does not like water.

Not sure why except that it is true.

Hope this helps someone else.I was so upset on the *** of returning the appliance as defective, but this worked.

Palm Bay, Florida, United States #612496

I'm having the same problem after 3 months.Just got off the phone with Whirlpool who wants to give me some *** about oxidation damage, NOT!!!

My entire kitchen is stainless steel, which means I should be having the same problem with all my appliances.

They're going to hear from me.fr0131, did you get any luck with placing a dispute with your credit card company?

keep your cat away from the refrigerator.

fr0131

Lowes corrected problem with doors.Whirlpool refused,Disputed Payment with Credit Card,gave me better clout.Hats off to Lowes,Whirlpool,I will never,nor recommend a purchase of your products to anyone.