Resolved
2.5

Update by user Apr 09, 2016

I did receive a call and get an RA number to go back to Lowe's and get my money back so this issue has been resolved and was handling an awesome manner

Original review posted by user Apr 08, 2016

Just got off the phone for the third time with Whirlpool hot water heater support line.Bought an electric hot water heater and discolored water comes as soon as I turn the hot water on.

They said in essence, not their problem. Wow. So I bought it at Lowes and going to see what they will do for me. Seems like no one wants to back their products but love to take your money.

My advice is if you need a hot water heater DO NOT BUY WHIRLPOOL products.

By the way I do have at least 12 tanks in place that do not give me any problems.Good bye Whirlpool and probably good bye Lowes if they don't help me.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $230. The author is overall dissatisfied with Lowes. The most disappointing about whirlpool water heater from Lowes was manager response Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Lowes.

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Comments

Whirlpool doesn't make water heaters.Lowes liscenses the Whirlpool name to put on water heaters made by other companies.

They do this because they feel the Whirlpool name will sell more product.

If you Google Whirlpool water heaters you will find a Whirlpool water heater site that says Whirlpool licensed products on the top.In the fine print at the bottom of the page you will see American water heaters phone number listed.

rollo2016

Not too sure you should blame the water heater for the problem you describe.Perhaps the cold water coming into the unit is contaminated with sediment from your pipes?

In any event, I would replace it and go to another brand. O.E. Smith used to be a good brand, but their customer service and warranty service has gone to pot. Rheem still has a good product usually and they do handle warranty work ok.

Try a Rheem and you will know for sure where the problem lies. Good luck.

Whirlpool is a big outfit but is really bad when it comes to customer service and warranty work.I don't think they really care---it's all about name recognition and sales volume.

to rollo2016 #1141927

The unit that this hot water tank is in has multiple location so it's not happening anywhere else except in this one particular unit with that one tank