3.1K views

Why are people allowed to bring pets in the Lowes Store on Sumter sc. I don't want to get bit, accdently step in dog poop or fleas and ticks from someones dog.

I guess you forgot about the people that are allergic to pet hair. Who was the

bright person made this a rule?

Comments

My service dog and I were in Lowe's last weekend. A woman with an untrained, out of control dog came charging toward us.

She couldn't even hold the dog back. My niece and nephew placed themselves between the gnashing, barking out of control dog between me and my service dog. My dog just did her job with no reaction. I'm not against the having dogs in stores.....THEY MUST HAVE TRAINING AND CONTROL.

THEY OWNERS MUST BE ABLE TO CONTROL THEM! Lowe's really needs to rethink their dog policy.

Black People Are Awesome And Amazing.

This is one more sign of our declining times, along with women leggings, vocal fry, and tatts.

Turn to God, he will bring forgiveness, love, peace, and joy to your life.

Repent liberals!

I do not like seeing non-service animals in Lowes. Today there was a PitBull riding in a cart—definitely not a service dog.

1–my family has allergies to animal fur. We shouldn’t have to be exposed to this in a home improvement store. A pet store, I understand. But not here!!!!

2-for people who say these are your children, I can sympathize, but my children wore diapers. Tonight I witnessed the biggest dog poop LEFT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AISLE in LOWES. Some say that MOST owners would’ve cleaned it up. But I saw tonight what happens when someone is not responsible.

Other customers shouldn’t have to deal with the sanitation risks that come with allowing pets in Lowes. Workers walked right past it , and I actually went to them TWICE to get them to clean it. 3-This is not sanitary!!!! Pets can carry diseases and parasites.

AND some owners are NOT responsible and do not seek vet care for prevention. I do not want my child to ride in a cart and expose them to PARASITES through no fault of ours!!! Disgusting!!!!

Lowes IS NOT A DOG PARK!!!! It is ridiculous that pets are allowed !!!

to Anonymous too #1576001

I understand but get out of your bubble

to Anonymous too #1588660

Pardon me, but your ignorance is foolish. Do some research on pitbulls.

You sound like a racist. You're experience was 1 out of a thousand. Maybe you should have said something to that individual instead of ostrasizing all dog owners and the store. Clinically, there will be no major reaction to dogs unless you're around them or touch them for a consistent amount of time.

Do people with food allergies not go to grocery stores? So yes that dog owner is an idiot but not the majority.

I am a white collar pitbull owner who rather her than any other snippy snooty breed. 1

to Anonymous #1589430

“Snippy snooty breed” Sounds like your the racist.

The Republicans have taken over this thread, DEAL WITH IT!

Liberals ruin it all.

I have a German Shepherd service dog in training. Lowes is an excellent place to train because of the wide isles and busy setting. It allows you to gain your dogs focus and block out things going on around them.

(1) Ticks don't jump, so you have zero chance of picking one up from a dog unless you're hugging him and it sounds unlikely you would d that. (2) Fleas are unlikely to be found on a dog in the store.

People who bring their pets with them are generally those who take good care of their pets and well-cared for animals very, very rarely have flea infestations. That is largely a problem of dogs that live lives of neglect out in the yard. (3) Individual Lowe's stores that permit pets have an explicit policy that prohibits aggressive dogs. Regardless, since again, you are not going to be approaching said dogs, you have zero worries.

(4) Again, the dogs in Lowe's are likely to be well-cared for indoor dogs, not lawn ornaments. That means they will be housebroken and very unlikely to poop in the store. Even so, we are, AGAIN, talking about the type of owners that would clean up after said dog.

(5) Dogs are allowed in many, many public places. If you don't like it, don't leave your house.

to Steve #1569865

Yes to all of this!!

I did. Go to Home Depot, hater

Just to get a clear understanding... You are worried about getting bit, stepping in dog shlt and getting getting fleas and ticks from someones dog? You should just stay in your home.

jmo, I am thinking that people that bring their dog into Lowes are not the type of people that do not take care of their pet, (Fleas, ticks & leaving *** on the store floor) A lot of people include their dogs with everything they do. If you don't want to accidentally get bit, then don't look the dog in the eyes, and just walk past while ignoring them.

I think it’s a cute idea people come in there and buy lumber and products to build dog houses or your older dogs needs bed steps to help them climb or little ramps to the door for “THEIR DOG” Who knows how much is spent at Lowe’s to make their fur friends & the family happy! So why not being them in for the action & excitement It has no groceries ... it’s Hardware

When you let Democrats run the show, that's when you start having problems.

to Anonymous #1552299

Sure because your political party has a single thing to do with whether you think dogs can go into a store or not. Get real.