Verified Reviewer

3.3

EXPERIENCE AT LOWES IWELEI STORE IN HONOLULU:

I went to buy a natural gas water heater. Found one we wanted on the top shelf and looked for a sales assistant in the plumbing department where the gas heater was sold.

This was Monday, February 22, 2021 approximately around 1215p. No one was around to assist. Went to various Dept near for assistance and when approached was told they did not handle plumbing Dept. I Went to front of store and stood in line for Customer service at the front customer service desk.

Waited there about 10 minutes and asked customer service for assistance. They paged once for help and I went back to the back of the store where heater was and waited for half an hour. No one came. Went back to customer service, and they paged once again and I went back again to where heater was and we waited another 20 minutes.

No one came. Walked around looking for help. None available. A sales person at the refrigerator and washer Dept helped me look for help.

We were both unsuccessful.

I went back to the front of store for the third time asked CUSTOMER SERVICE for help. They paged again and after another 20 minutes still no help. The CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT personnel were not busy at that time and I interrupted two of them talking and told them I needed help. They disbursed and then all the clerks at CUSTOMER SERVICE disappeared.

I stood there alone for 15 minutes before I walked over to the cashiers section on the other side of the store and there was one of the CUSTOMER SERVICE cashiers. I approached asked to speak to the manager by then and the cashier next to her turned to the customer service person who I thought was originally the customer service representative but in truth she was the CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT MANAGER! She did nothing! Just stood there looking at me like with a deer in the headlights look.

I was livid! Turned around and walked back to get my brother who was still sitting in the motorized chair below the shelf where the heater was stored. I even told customer service-staff that I needed help earlier and had my brother with me who had just been released from hospital that morning (using an electric motored chair). Our heater broke, and it was crucial I have it replaced that day).

We had no idea this would turn into a fiasco! Thought it would be simple. WRONG!

I walked back to get my brother and leave the store with the intent of not purchasing anything.

The blond sales woman from the refrigerator/washer department that had helped me look for help earlier with no luck approached me. Told her I was leaving and will never shop here again.

She recognized a sales person, DAVID, who used to work in Plumbing but now works in electrical to assist me. He had just gotten to work at 130p. He hesitated as he was headed to his department to start his shift but after seeing how upset we were agreed to help. He assisted us and got the heater down from the shelf with the fork lift.

And took it for me with the cart to be rung up and assisted putting it in my truck. He was very helpful and courteous and did a fantastic job.

The plumbing sales assistant from plumbing came by around 140p to talk to me while David was helping me with the heater. He told me he was at lunch. He left for lunch at noon.

He only had a trainee who wasnt around to help him and had a busy morning and went to lunch and left the department unattended.

No one knew where he was.

My shopping experience was absolutely the worst I have ever experience. Lowes CUSTOMER SERVICE AT THE IWELEI STORE IN HONOLULU IS THE ABSOLUTELY WORST!

User's recommendation: REPLACE MANAGEMENT AND STAFF AT CUSTOMER SERVICE DEBARMENT.

Preferred solution: Replace your customer service management and staff department.

Location: 411 Pacific Street, Honolulu, HI 96817