Honestly, I do not know WHAT has happened over the past months with Lowes. We used to love shopping at Lowes stores, but now...….

1) Ordered a towel bar directly from one store location via telephone on May 30th for shipment to my home on June 1st.

The cost was posted to my credit card. Imagine my surprise that by June 2nd no towel bar was received. Called them and no one could even tell me anything because the manager only worked Mon-Fri. Called June 4th and spoke to the manager who quickly found out that the person who SHOULD have shipped the towel bar never did.

It's on its way to me today for delivery tomorrow.

2) Placed an online order for a bathroom vanity light bar on May 30th. Was advised that it would be at the store on June 5th for pick up. Called today just to verify only to find out that not only isn't it enroute to the store, the vendor isn't even going to have it ready to ship to the store until MAYBE June 20th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you freaking kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm supposed to tell the contractor "sorry, you'll have to wait to finish my bathroom remodel"!!!!!!!!!!! Of course the agent I spoke with at the 800# wasn't concerned since it didn't impact her!!!!!!!!!

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Have you learned a lesson? If you have a deadline for a product GO TO THE STORE and pick out a product they have in stock and take it home with you.

When stores order products from a manufacturer they have been provided with normal delivery times (which is the expected date they provide to you). If the manufacturers warehouse is out of stock the item gets backordered until they receive more.

Some suppliers are better than others about letting a store know the item has been backordered. Unfortunately the store can't just go in the back room and whip up a product for you.

to Anonymous #1494778

If they would have had the product in stock I would have purchased it while in the store. Can't purchase something if they don't have it and it has to be ordered.

to Anonymous #1494936

You may have to settle for another style or size in buying something from stock but at least it would be there when you need it.