3.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I talked to 3 different people- Lowe's online customer rep twice and their in-store rep about a specific delivery time for my lawn tractor. When the delivery company called to confirm they acknowledged that specific time - no problem.

Then the day of delivery the guy calls me in the morning, while I'm at work, and asks if he can deliver now. I say no. He asks if he can drop my $2400 lawn tractor in the driveway and I say no - it has to come when I'm home at the arranged time of 3:30. He says 3:30, got it, ok.

At 3:30 I get a call from Lowes asking what day I can arrange delivery because the driver came back at 2:30 and said, "lady no want delivery today". Lowes told me he must not be able to understand English that well and that was the reason for a mix up. I say *** and I ended up having my son use his truck and trailer to pick it up that night.

What *** poor service considering I had a freezer delivery from Home Depot last week with THE BEST DELIVERY GUYS EVER. If I need to buy a large anything that needs delivery it won't be from Lowes that's for sure.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Gift card for the price of normal delivery..

I liked: Person i talked to at corporate was professional and helpful.

Comments

Lowe's and Home Depot use the same 3rd party delivery service.

I doubt the truth to your story. Having had many deliveries from a number of different stores including Lowes not a one has set a specific time such as 3:30.

There is usually a time range quoted. I realize there are far too many things that can happen in a day to throw a delivery schedule off and to expect an exact time is unreasonable.

RecentBarnOwl
to Anonymous #1473035

My range time was 3:30 to 5:30. NOT 9:00 am and/or dropped off in my driveway.

AND, when I told him 3:30 was better he said, 'fine, 3:30 ok'.He got back to Lowes at 2:30 and told them he was finished and 'the lady say no delivery today'.

NOT what happened. He just wanted to go home, or where ever, early.

to RecentBarnOwl #1473107

Now your story changes. Your complaint states that you talked to 3 people about a specific time for your delivery and stated it was 3:30.

Now you state that it was a time range. What else are you leaving out. I don't know where you expect them to deliver the tractor to other than your driveway. They sure aren't going to put it in your house and you'd complain if they drove their truck on your yard.

The driveway is the logical place to put it. You can drive it from there and store it wherever you want.