212 views
Verified Reviewer

2.1

I began this trying to get the cheapest deal I could do to the fact I rent and am putting the money into a place I do not own but I needed to replace the carpet my dog had damaged.; I decided to put in laminate and received the best price from lowes on the material and the install which they quoted me .99 per sq ft to install then when I called to set it up they changed the price to 1.99 and I freaked out I had already ripped the carpet out and only had enough money to cover what I was quoted he immediately said ok we will honor that price! It was that easy so obviously, that was my first sign they were trying to rip me off!

Then had it measured and signed a contract when installers showed up which took two weeks they tested my concrete for dampness and his tester was beeping red the whole time. He said he's getting a 75 rating which at the time I did not understand. Mind u when they walked in they were nasty about how much stuff I had which was just boxes and my husband stayed home to move everything as they did the floors. I have a small condo there is nowhere else to put the stuff.

It is small!!! I could tell they just did not want to do the job. They said my concrete was to damp and they could not do the floor. I was dumbfounded and pissed because were all about to be put on lockdown my new furniture was to be delivered the next day...

they just left!!! I went to lowes and bought my own tester and found out it was all *** my floors were from 2 or 3 to 16% they just didn't want to work! now I'm stuck with no floors living on concrete and tack stip plus no furniture. I spent 7 hours on the phone trying to get help the contractor's office was nasty and lowes hardly ever answers there phone..

I spent hours on hold!!! I finally gave up and looked for another flooring guy which I found and told me this is what lowes does they make a problem!!!

I went to lowes and got my money back for the labor and still have not received a call from corporate about my complaint! The installer lied and created a problem that was not there.

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE LOWES TO INSTALL FLOORS PAY THE EXTRA FOR A GOOD CONTRACTOR!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Installation.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Lowes Pros: Will never use them again for a remodel job.

Comments

That's not just floors sweetheart... literally everything ever will be better when you spend more money....

Lowes Reviews