3.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

On the afternoon of March 14, 2018, my wife, a male friend, and myself entered into the Lowes lumber department. We had multiple thing to purchase so we started with the heaviest items first. Upon finding the 10 6*6*16 foot lumber we needed, I went to track down help to unload them on to our cart. there wasn't a single associate in the immediate area. Finally, I found someone in the tile department to call some one on the phone to assist me. 5 minutes past, no one showed up. I happened to notice three guys working outside with a forklift. Chris,fork lift driver, Ted, and Eddie. My wife approached them and ask for help. At that time, one of the men closed the main entry gate to the storage area, I guess per policy. At this time, Chris brought the forklift in and Ted assisted him with pulling these large pieces of lumber out to I thought help load them on to our cart. No! Chris turned the fork lift off and sat there. Ted stood back beside my 57 year old wife with his arm folded. Eddie stood back by the plastic door flaps and peeking in at us. Therefore, my self, 56 years old, and my friend begin off loading this very heavy material. About, the 6th piece of lumber, It was obviously I was starting to struggle. My wife said " Wyatt is your back ok? That when Ted decided to I guess help out. Eddie then approached and gave Chris some kind of instructions. Eddie then walked back outside and stood by the large door flaps just watching us. After, the large lumber was loaded, not one associate offered to help unload the material on to my trailer outside. Not one associate offered asked if any more assistance was needed. They simply walk away quite briskly. Now, at this time I'm pretty upset. I went up front to the Customer service desk and spoke to The store manager at the time, Jake Schilling. by the expression on his face, you could tell he was upset by what I was conveying to him. He got on the phone immediately and called the lumber yard. he said " WE DON'T LET CUSTOMERS LOAD MATERIAL AND STAND BY AND WATCH". I returned to continue loading the rest of my supplies. Not one associate showed up to help. My wife then approached Jake again at customer service. Jake immediately noticed my wife's arm was bleeding. She injured herself loading 1*6*12 ft boards. Jake took her into the restroom and administered first aid. Jeremy E Pierce, Backend Support Manager, is a long time personal friend of mine. I called him at home and advised him of the situation. He was livid. Let me end by saying this. I've shopped at Lowes from the day the store opened in Alachua Fl. I've spent thousands of dollars over the years there. Now, that's not pie in the sky dollar amounts, that's real dollar numbers! Check my account to verify. I know Lowes doesn't condone this behavior or business practices like these. I've had to many wonderful experiences here with great associate over the years. Jermery E. Pierce and Jake Schilling are fine examples of how managers should respond and react to customer issues. They both did a wonderful jobs helping solve my issues and got my lumber and supplies delivered to my house promptly. They both should be recognized and rewarded for their professional and outstanding customer service skills. These two mens is why I will continue to shop at lowes for all my home needs. Please recognize them for their wonderful service and pride they take in doing their jobs.

Sincerely,

Wyatt Carter III

U.S.M.C.

Review about: Lowes Lumber Department.

Comments

Yes, they could have been more helpful but keep in mind you are shopping at a big box discount yard, not a full service lumberyard. Also, if you can't shift the lumber onto a cart, how are you going to handle it to complete your project once you have it at home?

to Anonymous #1463476

I would reply to your comments, but what's the point.