400 Woodbrook Dr, Charlottesville, VA 22901
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Update by user Jun 11

Original review posted by user Jun 10

Basically the representatives didn't make an effort to keep me a satisfied customer. I was transferred multiple times and waited so long, only to be transferred again and again. This issue has waisted my time along with the nice independent service guys who have all told me your washer needs to be replaced!

Being unsatisfied I asked to cancel the 2 years left in my plan so I get some money back to put towards buying a new washer (never from Lowes again!) they had to transfer me to insurance, im sure when im trassfered I'll have to be transfered to a boss or someone higher up again who wont do anything for me, the other option is to send in a request by mail to cancel my plan, it has to be reviewed and may or may not go through - too much time and energy spent for something useless. Even writing this review is a waste of time - but people need to know.

I own a GE washer for 4 years now. I use it in my summer home - so I cannot call for it to be serviced every time it has the same issue. This is the fourth time in the 4 years I've owned it I've had to have it serviced. They go by the book: "you have to have 3 services within the year for the same issue so that we can replace your item". So I guess I should put reminders in my calendar to call them every month while I'm here to wait a four hour window and get it serviced for the same unresolvable issue and waste a a technician's time too while I'm at it.

I don't want to play that game anymore.

Issue: my washer needs the bottom steel tray (called apron) replaced. GE does not make that item as a replacement part: therefore the whole ($450 machine) or probably costs much less than that needs to be replaced. Simple fix.

Why they can't replace it (going by the book):

1. you didn't make 3 calls within a calendar year

2. it works! it doesn't have an electrical or mechanical issue! it only makes a loud scrapping noise that scares the *** out of my toddlers (its sounds like bombings in a war zone! - they come to us running to hide I am not exaggerating by any means the sound it makes it dangerously loud and terrifying) and scares everyone in the house including elderly family in the basement. But hey it works for small loads! You don't need to wash bedsheets or towels! Maybe when someone has a heart attack we can sue? or call again to complain?

The machine is a really cheap one, its basic, its not a high tech one with many options that would cost them much to replace, if they cared about customer satisfaction they would have considered replacing it and having a satisfied customer who would put in a good review. But no, they want bad reviews from angry customers- so they got what they deserve!

I hope no one else experiences this issue.

Bottom line: if you are transferred more than twice just don't bother wasting your time, they won't go out of their way to satisfy you.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Protection Plan.

Lowes Cons: Service protection plan.

• Customer Satisfaction Guarantee