I was at Lowes today who always advertises a 10% Discount for military veteran's I know Home Depot offers it as well. However today even after showing my Veterans ID card the clerk said you are not in the system so we have to put you in again. Which apparently would take some time.

I know it isn't worth the hassle although a long time customer and never having the problem regarding the discount in the past I'm done with Lowes.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Customer Care.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 03.

Comments

It’s a better system now. We used to have to show our military ID every time we checked out, then we had to wait a few minutes for a manager to come and approve it.

Now, It is tied to my mylowes card. The cashier scans my card and it automatically gives me the discount.

I can now also get the discount when I buy something online and use the self checkout. Go to the customer service desk and they will help you register, it only takes 5-10 minutes.

Where are you going to shop? Plenty of vets crying about not getting discounts at Home Depot as well. Don't know where you get the idea that you are entitled to a discount and don't think you have to follow the stores policy to get one.

to Anonymous #1607288

I did follow the stores policy and showed my valid military ID I have never had the problem with Home Depot. It is not as much about the discount as the principal no offence but I'll gladly take my business elsewhere

to Anonymous #1613411

No their policy is to set up an account and you refused. Get your facts straight before you claim that you know what you're doing.