Paid for better roofing on a modular home; this was the original roof 1994. Was told any bad decking would be replaced and agreed.

No decking was replaced. The finished roof was spongy as before and I was told by contractor that decking not rotted, just thin and poor quality. He never called and advised me of this when shingles removed, giving me the opportunity at that time to replace. When we supplied pictures of wood from garage that WAS visible he agreed to replace.

Now the question, was the decking on roof, not visible for inspection, just poor thin poor quality or actually rotted? Why were we not given opportunity to replace once the condition of of decking was viewed by the contractor (after shingles removed) ?

Why would we have installed a more expensive lifetime shingle over poor quality decking? Lowe's response was slow and not satisfactory.

Review about: Lowes Roofing.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

h.kitchener

I've never understood why anyone would go thru a big box store to have something like roof repairs done instead of getting a couple of estimates from a local roofing company who does this for a living and usually will stand by their work. The contractors used by big box companies can be good, adequate or very poor---one never knows. You might have a local roofer come out and look at the roof to see what can be done, if anything to satisfy your suspicions as to the condition of the roof underlayment.