5300 Campbell Blvd, Nottingham, MD 21236

Purchased a 36" wooden transom only needed 35" so I removed 1". When I attempted to install I noticed that it would not fit flush.

I noticed that there was a 6" x 1/8" gap in the front lower section of the wood. Sat. I took the defective transom back to store 0691 (White Marsh). The return clerk and then her manager refused to except the defective transom because I removed the 1".

I explained that I was returning it because it was defective and showed her where a knot in the wood had come out during the milling process.

The manager said that it is Lowes' policy not to refund if the piece was removed. I again explained that I was returning a defective (not usable) item. She told me "sorry" but she would not give me a credit. I left this store and drove 4 miles to the next nearest Lowes (store 2995) and explained the unbelievable experience at store 0691.

The manager looked at the defective transom and gave me an immediate credit. Why does one Lowes manager (2995) have the authority to make a no brainer decision when another (0691) can't make the same decision????

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Manager.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Lowes Cons: Customer service.

Comments