1.4

I asked a Lowe's employee for advice regarding adhesive to secure vapour barrier to studs to seal in new insulation. I was given a construction adhesive and told that was the best one for the job.

After spending a couple hours securing the vapour barrier I noticed that it wasn't holding very well. I thought that maybe it just needed more time to dry. Nope. It was the wrong product.

Because of Lowe's bad advice I wasted an afternoon, ruined a vapour barrier and had to re-purchase the caulking.

When I asked the customer service desk about this issue (if the remaining tube of the wrong stuff could be exchanged for the right stuff), he directed me to the aint department. There was no one in the paint department. They paged overhead, waited, waited. Finally someone in the paint department arrived and she 'guessed' that a different kind would be the right one.

I'll be shopping at Home Depot from now on. Their advice has always been spot on.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $30. The author is overall dissatisfied with Lowes. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Lowes.

Comments

MrSharkNasty

Home Depot will mess something up for you eventually. They don't pay any better than Lowes and hire the same level of employees.

Not professionals. Their training consist of reading the box.

Assuming they're experts is your mistake. It would be like going to Dickssporting goods and asking for expert power lifting advice.