strick2013

1 minute ago from Milford, Ohio..

Not only they below happen....they would move my husband to a comminssion position to cover that area....he sold more flooring and refrigs.....but he had to give up his commission to the young boys who were called "specalist". He sold cabinets - did cabinet CAD drawings for years....cover that area and all the commision went to the person that was a "specialist " in that department. They would work him to death...actually he did die after being worked to death while the young boys and girls would hide and be on their cell phones and two girls sleeping in the hay tractertrailer while on duty....I could go on an on. thank you what do I do against a company like Lowes? Replystrick

8 minutes ago from Prattville, Alabama..

My husband had been employed by Lowes part time then full time. They worked him 8 days straight- different shifts - no continuity. Then they would give him one day off. He was a cancer survivor and they knew this. Back in may I was at the store when he signed up for Lowes Benefits. Life Insurance, Short Term, Long Term insurance. His department director and specilaist helped him do the computer part, while I stood there watching. On Novemeber 26, my husband answered the managed call for a "bugging run", of course, the young boys - the specialist were hiding, my husband worked so hard, carrying heavy drillwall, flooring, clean up messes in the back, etc. He had no help from the young boys. Acutally a young boy dropped a roll of carpet on my husband a few days before my husband went on his last buggy run. He dropped dead, dont know why, cause lowes wont realize tape, did he get dizzzy because of not breaks, did he trip over the multiple carts, who knows. He died right inthe parking lot and the day of his accident HR and Lead Management came to hospital telling me not to use the BCBS through them, it would be "worker's compensation". He died 3 days later with 4 clots to his brain and his heart gave out. I got the workers comp cards in mail. I tired to get onto his Myloweslife and called HR at store to find out why it was deleted. I couldnt see paystubs, benefits nothing. My son took me to Lowes after the funeral home to check on his life insurance. HR manager (who... Show more Reply

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Manager.

Comments

Williamston, South Carolina, United States #903261

What happened?

Lowes also works my husband to skin and bones. Especially during the spring and fall months. It is awful. Plus all year long the schedules are awful. EVERY week my husband (who is full time) has a different schedule, different days and different times. He gets one weekend a month off. It is the same for all the full time workers.

I can never tell our families if we will both be there at functions and we can rarely go to church together on Sunday mornings.

Is there really a reason for a person's schedule to be 7am - 4 one day, 11am-7:45 the next day, then 9-6:30 for 2 days, on the days my husband has off they always make his schedule 1pm -10 ? why? We can't even go anywhere the night before his day off.

This horrible schedule ensures that you can never go to school. If you try to improve your hours they just get rid of you.

My husband never takes a sick day. He gets great reviews and very low pay. I wish years and years ago he'd gotten out of retail.

No retirement, none, very poor medical insurance, you have to pay most of your salary and still have a high deductible. Very few holidays like what? 4?

It is just all around awful. When I hear state workers complain about their 5% increases (not to mention cost of living increases) It makes me sick knowing they make extremely high salaries and benefits for sitting on their butts and visiting. While retail people work their butts off for nothing. I mean 20 cents a year raise is "good" in retail.

So if you are in retail and young enough...... GET OUT NOW!!!

Montgomery, Alabama, United States #717274

that person is not a good person by saying those nasty things about my husband dying. He worked hard to and refused to stand in the uneployment line and walk to the mailbox for his welfare check.

He was 61 and till providing for his family. Put two kids through college with CASH not welfare benefits. Our son is military helicopter pilot with two tours of duty in Iraq and getting ready to go again. Our daughter is the executive dircetor of MDA.

He wanted to work, we were raised that way. For you to by nasty is not a surprise to me. You sound like you are one of those young punks that feel entitled the government welfare benefits. I will pray for you.

You need it you entitled punk that knows nothing about hard work that kills you. You were probably one of the young punks at Lowes hiding and on cell phone at Lowes when my husband was doing all the work.

Punk God Bless You May you grow up. :cry

Mmm456
to strick Williamston, South Carolina, United States #903271

Can I ask did anything happen from this??

Wow the comment by the person named: nikalseyn was rude! Whoever it is sounds like a real b itch.

Ocala, Florida, United States #713883

Lowes *** sucks. Everytime i go there they stop selling 'Man' tools and sell want to get into selling candles and sissy ***.

Try buying Lye, you can't because they're in bed with DHS to make sure I don't make a bomb. Gimme a break!

Elmore, Alabama, United States #707136

Yes, he once worked in the paint department and covered the entire bldg when the young people would hide, be on cell phones or called in sick. They know they can get away with it when it is an older person that is working to pay the electric and to have health and life insurance.

He had signed up for life and they didnt take it out of his paycheck is what they are saying. It was their fault of so. I was there when he signed up for it. His zone manager helped him.

No one will tell me how he got the clots in his head. I thought Lowes had a life insurance policy on all their employees for 10000. I didnt even get that to help out with the funeral and now only one income. It is so hard in all ways.

I want my husband back and they could care less. Horrible.

Johnstown, Pennsylvania, United States #706617

Nikalseyn, 60 year old people do not go out and "just pick up another job". The real world is this: once a man hits 50 years of age (even low as 45), he is no longer employable.

If he is a cancer survivor, he become a health insurance liability to a possible employer. I know a middle age woman who was undergoing chemo during the day, and then work at night stocking at Lowes. They worked like a dog in the Paint department. They offered her no help while the very healthy younger "kids" played around when their job was done.

They did not even offer to help. The boss turned a blind eye to the situation.

The woman eventually quit. This is the LOWES WAY!

strick2013
to Been there Montgomery, Alabama, United States #717279

Amen and bless you friend. They did the same thing to my husband.

But he signed up for benefits and they did not take out of his paycheck and closed his account the day he died so I could see what was going on. I got the medical records. They told me he was by his self and had a massive heart attack. Medical records say he started to have seizure and an employee was with him and ran into the store to page medical personal.

They left him have a sezure and he stoped breathing. They lied again. He hit his head that is where the clots came in. They lied to me I thought he died of massive attack and he actually started to have seizures which he had never in his life had.

He probably had worked so hard went out on buggy run to catch his breath and the heat caused him to start seizures....leaving him let him block his airway.....they lied again. :cry

nikalseyn
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #706507

Bottom line is that your husband could have quit working at Lowe's or anywhere else if he wanted to. He apparently did not.

As for his death, if it can be attributed to work, then worker's comp. will come into play. In your case, I would advise a free consultation with an attorney familiar with worker's comp cases, etc.

Lowe's is what it is and it sounds like there is a lack of management if people are not doing their jobs. Someone is not managing the workforce properly.

to nikalseyn #706535

My husband waws trying to get me finished through college . we had no other income.

He was 60. Not 20......He was lied off from his CAD avaiation job because of cancer a year before. So pls dont say he could of gotten another job sir. He couldnt.

He was a stand up man that worked his butt off for over 45 years and bebfore that picked cotton.

to nikalseyn #713903

@ nikalseyn You don't even know the circumstances of the issue at hand. Unless you actually know you should feel free to shut the f uck up you *** b itch!

NEWSFLASH... BOTTOM LINE IS YOU ARE A CLUELESS C UNT!